May 22nd, Wachovia Center in Philadelphia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ill be here. 2 GA tickets. I cant wait to meet some other U2 nuts!! Maybe we can all plan a gathering for the night before or even after the show. Sucks its a Sunday but I already took off monday!:dance:

servo2005 said:

Me three...and I have GAs!

Me Four. Also, I am coming up from Richmond Virginia for the show. If there is anyone here who is from the Richmond or surrounding areas and wants to carpool, let me know.

HJ

A random thought for a Sunday night show

I want to put something out there. I am wondering what you think this show will be like. Do you think that the fact that it is a Sunday the day after a saturday night performance in MSG will hinder the bands energy for this show?

I am hopeing not because after this show they have 4 or 5 days off. I would jsut be bad timing for us if they party in NYC sat night then have to try to match an energy level from the night before.

This being said, it could work out in our advantage as well. Hopefully they will be in full force by the time they get to New york and have their set list nailed down and just be finding their energy stride. So they come off Saturday night feeling great and come into Philly and blow us away.

I dont know....just something I have been pondering. Either way its still the best band in the world in my backyard:rockon:

any thoughts beside that I think too much ???:scratch:

Re: A random thought for a Sunday night show

Hawkmoon04 said:
I want to put something out there. I am wondering what you think this show will be like. Do you think that the fact that it is a Sunday the day after a saturday night performance in MSG will hinder the bands energy for this show?

I am hopeing not because after this show they have 4 or 5 days off. I would jsut be bad timing for us if they party in NYC sat night then have to try to match an energy level from the night before.

This being said, it could work out in our advantage as well. Hopefully they will be in full force by the time they get to New york and have their set list nailed down and just be finding their energy stride. So they come off Saturday night feeling great and come into Philly and blow us away.

I dont know....just something I have been pondering. Either way its still the best band in the world in my backyard:rockon:

any thoughts beside that I think too much ???:scratch:

I've wondered exactly the same thing. It could be rough, having performed the night before at MSG...

I haven't decided whether to go. I'd be flying in from Kentucky and it's expensive--and I still need to find a GA (let me know if anyone has an extra they want to sell).

Any suggestions on hotels that are within walking distance to the Wachovia center?

Re: A random thought for a Sunday night show

Hawkmoon04 said:

They only have 1 day off after this show, the next show is on the 24th in Boston.

That said, I think they'll probably be flying high since it's the last week of the 1st leg.

Can't wait for this week, I'll be at every show from the 21st until the 28th.:drool: :drool:

Re: Re: A random thought for a Sunday night show

ramblin rose said:

They only have 1 day off after this show, the next show is on the 24th in Boston.

That said, I think they'll probably be flying high since it's the last week of the 1st leg.

Can't wait for this week, I'll be at every show from the 21st until the 28th.:drool: :drool:

HMM good point...I must have read it wrong.....What a week!!! Im jealous!!

Re: Re: A random thought for a Sunday night show

ruffian said:

I've wondered exactly the same thing. It could be rough, having performed the night before at MSG...

I haven't decided whether to go. I'd be flying in from Kentucky and it's expensive--and I still need to find a GA (let me know if anyone has an extra they want to sell).

Any suggestions on hotels that are within walking distance to the Wachovia center?

There is a holiday inn that is in the sports complex with all the stadiums. There are tons of hotels by the airport too. I would suggest the stadium Holiday inn or a hotel in center city.

thanks hawkmoon :) someone said the stadium holiday inn is under renovation, but i'll look into it.

ruffian said:
thanks hawkmoon :) someone said the stadium holiday inn is under renovation, but i'll look into it.
Hey,
I believe the renovation is over. They did put an overhaul to that place and its pretty nice now. Unless they are renovating individual rooms I think its done.

I'm coming down from upstate NY with a friend who's not so much of a U2 fan but wants to see the city. We're going to see Ryan Adams Friday night at the Electric Factory, then I'm dragging her to the GA line all day Sunday. I'd love to make some new U2 friends, since I'm coming down for the two fall Philly shows alone!

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I'm coming down from upstate NY with a friend who's not so much of a U2 fan but wants to see the city. We're going to see Ryan Adams Friday night at the Electric Factory, then I'm dragging her to the GA line all day Sunday. I'd love to make some new U2 friends, since I'm coming down for the two fall Philly shows alone!

Hey me and my girl will be in line all day sunday as well. Im thinking around noon, 1, 2, im ot sure yet.

Who's staying at the Holiday Inn-Stadium (the one right near Wachovia). It's walking distance, correct? I got a rate of $139 for Friday and Saturday and then it drops to $80 for Sunday. Anyone mind sharing how this compares to the rate they got?

I'm still waiting to see if I can swing a ticket trade, so I'm still not 100% I'm there, but I'm giving it a shot :crazy:

I'm staying at a Holiday Inn Express in downtown for $109 a night. Free breakfast, and it's relatively close to the touristy things my friend and I will want to do for the rest of the trip. I think I'm staying at the stadium Holiday Inn when I come down in October. That's going to be rough on me financially, because I'm making the trip by myself.

hey everyone :wave:
I'm in for this show, definitely (and at long last). My ticket trade still hasn't come through--the person is still thinking about it I guess--but I just decided, wtf...booked my air and hotel this morning and just hope it works out with getting a GA.

Any plans for a get-together on Saturday? It would be great to meet all of you...
dizzy, i'm at holiday inn stadium, too. flying in from kentucky, so nice to see a "southern invasion" of philadelphia :)

Philly tickets are going for some reasonable prices on ebay, Ruffian. I saw a single GA go for under $150 the other day. I'll be in town from Friday until Monday (going to see Ryan Adams at the Electric Factory Friday night, too), so I'd really like to meet up with some folks Saturday evening as well.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
Philly tickets are going for some reasonable prices on ebay, Ruffian. I saw a single GA go for under $150 the other day. I'll be in town from Friday until Monday (going to see Ryan Adams at the Electric Factory Friday night, too), so I'd really like to meet up with some folks Saturday evening as well.

well, someone posted that they are interested in trading for another GA I have to a different show, but I'm wondering if they've changed their mind now :banghead: Anyway, if they fall through I'll check out ebay, or I might try buying one the day of the gig. I got a GA for Seattle 2 for $40 the afternoon of the show!

Closer to the date I can PM you my cell number--so we can plan something for Saturday. I probably won't stay out real late since I'll be in the GA pretty early, but would definitely love to get drinks.

I have been throwing this around for a while now. I think we will arrive in line somewhere between 9 and 11. Some chairs, music, food, and drink. Hopefully the weather will cooperate with all of us. Is everyone thinking about the same time? Lets make it a great time!! IM counting down the days and cant wait!!

I just got an amazing deal on a room at the Holiday Inn Historic District on hotwire.com. $75/night! That means more money to buy concert souvenirs! :wink:

ruffian said:

well, someone posted that they are interested in trading for another GA I have to a different show, but I'm wondering if they've changed their mind now :banghead: Anyway, if they fall through I'll check out ebay, or I might try buying one the day of the gig. I got a GA for Seattle 2 for $40 the afternoon of the show!

Closer to the date I can PM you my cell number--so we can plan something for Saturday. I probably won't stay out real late since I'll be in the GA pretty early, but would definitely love to get drinks.

Hey girl!

I saw you on the screen a lot in Chicago!

I don't have GA I have seats but still want to try for GA at the box office or something.

Hope to see you there!

I`d love to hear from people familiar with Philly on what to see in the city. My friends have GA tix for this gig but I have a seat so I`ll be spending the day sightseeing. Any input is appreciated! Thanks!

- Julie

ladywithspinninghead said:
I`d love to hear from people familiar with Philly on what to see in the city. My friends have GA tix for this gig but I have a seat so I`ll be spending the day sightseeing. Any input is appreciated! Thanks!

- Julie

Julie, Hi I'm Julie as well.

I have seats for this gig as well and an extra one at that.

GRRRRR! Need to find somebody to attend with me.

Sightseeing, I'm hoping to meet the band! (again!)

skjuls said:

Julie, Hi I'm Julie as well.

Sightseeing, I'm hoping to meet the band! (again!)

Oh me too Julie, me too!!! :yes:
The benefits of having seats and not GA's!!

But that should only take a few mins....

It seems to me Philly's a bit of a historical town so I'll take in some of those sights I guess.

ladywithspinninghead said:

Oh me too Julie, me too!!! :yes:
The benefits of having seats and not GA's!!

But that should only take a few mins....

It seems to me Philly's a bit of a historical town so I'll take in some of those sights I guess.

well when my sister comes to visit me the weekend of June 10, we will do sightseeing in Philly.

Few mins, hmmmm. Have to make sure to be there when they arrive!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom