"Massive U2 announcement" from radio city...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I was driving to work this morning, I was flicking through radio channels, and a few of them were having a competition to win tickets to see U2 at Hampden Park. It was also announced that U2's Sheffield concert would be broadcast live "in full" two weeks later. I presume that this is what the mysterious announcement must be referring to?

(I wonder if the Sheffield concert will be broadcast in incomplete form though, like the Twickenham show from 2005?)

Sheffield Concert to be broadcast on radio city next thursday, looks like a few other stations will be doing this also,

as for there being "loads" of tickets left for cardiff that just isnt true, see tickets have sold out of there allocation, ticketline has pairs and singles, and ticketmaster are selling tickets all the time.

From the radio city website:

We have secured access to the U2 360° tour with an exclusive live broadcast of the entire set from Don Valley Stadium, on Thursday 20th August. You will be able to listen to the whole gig, uninterrupted, LIVE on-air and online. We will be kicking off a whole night devoted solely to U2, starting at 7pm…highlights include a brand-new, hour long exclusive interview with the band…experience all the build up, atmosphere and excitement…and of course the gig itself.

This is the tour that’s reinventing stadium performance…

•An amazing 360° stage configuration!
•The stage has no defined front or back and is completely surrounded by fans…
•At 164 feet, the U2 stage structure becomes the highest ever for a concert tour…double the height of the previous record set by the Rolling Stones (A Bigger Band Tour)
•Each ‘leg’ of the structure will have its own sound system
…and you can only listen to it on this station…the station that loves U2

But that’s not all…because we’re such lovely, generous people, we’re also giving you the chance to win exclusive VIP tickets to the actual gig itself….see below for all the details on how to enter.

We have secured access to the U2 360° tour with an exclusive live broadcast of the entire set from Don Valley Stadium, on Thursday 20th August. You will be able to listen to the whole gig, uninterrupted, LIVE on-air and online. We will be kicking off a whole night devoted solely to U2, starting at 7pm…highlights include a brand-new, hour long exclusive interview with the band…experience all the build up, atmosphere and excitement…and of course the gig itself.

This is the tour that’s reinventing stadium performance…

•An amazing 360° stage configuration!
•The stage has no defined front or back and is completely surrounded by fans…
•At 164 feet, the U2 stage structure becomes the highest ever for a concert tour…double the height of the previous record set by the Rolling Stones (A Bigger Band Tour)
•Each ‘leg’ of the structure will have its own sound system
…and you can only listen to it on this station…the station that loves U2

But that’s not all…because we’re such lovely, generous people, we’re also giving you the chance to win exclusive VIP tickets to the actual gig itself….see below for all the details on how to enter.

excellent. Thanks Kevin!

:up:

Two questions....will this concert be broadcast on line?
If it is....what software would i need to record it?

i would say most likely yes. i always use the program called Audacity for my guitar recordings. it basically records whatever is being played on your computer.

i would say most likely yes. i always use the program called Audacity for my guitar recordings. it basically records whatever is being played on your computer.

It will only play what's going out if you have the right soundboard.

However, the online feed will be of an abysmally low bitrate anyway (probably 32 or 64 kbps), so it's better to listen to it live online and wait for a high-quality recording of the FM broadcast.

It will only play what's going out if you have the right soundboard.

However, the online feed will be of an abysmally low bitrate anyway (probably 32 or 64 kbps), so it's better to listen to it live online and wait for a high-quality recording of the FM broadcast.

Seeing as it's broadcasting on several stations you could easily find out which one has the best quality live stream, and then you'd be able to record that one but yeah you'd most likely get 64 kbps, then again a regular radio broadcast isn't in much better quality either

Seeing as it's broadcasting on several stations you could easily find out which one has the best quality live stream, and then you'd be able to record that one but yeah you'd most likely get 64 kbps, then again a regular radio broadcast isn't in much better quality either

Will it be going out on any non-internet-based digital (satellite or terrestrial) radio?

I belive it is going out on Q radio and Kerrang also, i am sure there is one more that isnt part of the actual network of stations.

:applaud:

Massive my butt! Massive would be U2 anouncing the release of SOA or anouncing that they will now be playing some new songs on the concerts. This doesn't excite me one bit because we already get bootlegs of the shows anyway via youtube and other sources. Big deal. I hate it when people hype up shit so much!

Massive my butt! Massive would be U2 anouncing the release of SOA or anouncing that they will now be playing some new songs on the concerts. This doesn't excite me one bit because we already get bootlegs of the shows anyway via youtube and other sources. Big deal. I hate it when people hype up shit so much!

It's obviously just for promotion, it's not aimed at the few thousand people who bootleg every concert, it's aimed at the hundreds of thousand who just casually listen to radio. It's not massive but who cares, it's U2 trying to do some promotion, people on here are obviously the type that don't need U2 promoting anything

It's obviously just for promotion, it's not aimed at the few thousand people who bootleg every concert, it's aimed at the hundreds of thousand who just casually listen to radio. It's not massive but who cares, it's U2 trying to do some promotion, people on here are obviously the type that don't need U2 promoting anything

True I didn't see it that way I do agree. I guess I got a little excited when I saw that LOL But you are right most people wouldn't have heard the concert on bootlegs so to them it would be massive indeed.

So, we may finally have a 5 star quality recording. I just hope to God they don't announce every song and have radio DJ's interrupt at all. Damn them South Americans for doing that to the amazing boots last tour

SMB

Back
Top Bottom