MAJOR SPOILER ALERT - Saturday Rehearsal Setlist - Whaddya Think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RademR

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Saturday, March 26, 2005
SPOILER: Saturday's "dress rehearsal" setlist & notes
Here's the report from @U2 staff inside the LA Sports Arena tonight. Major, major spoilers ahead......

Setlist

City of Blinding Lights
The Electric Co.
An Cat Dubh / Into the Heart
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace or Else
Elevation
Stuck in a Moment...
Yahweh
Bullet the Blue Sky
Running to Stand Still

(break for human rights video)

Zoo Station
The Fly
Vertigo

(break)

Pride
Where the Streets Have No Name
One
All Because of You

Song notes:

* Larry plays keyboards during "Yahweh"
* during "Love and Peace or Else", Larry is at the edge of the egg when the song starts, playing drums there; during the middle of the song, he goes back to the main stage and drums from there, while Bono drums at the edge of the egg
* during "Zoo Station", Edge is using a "Vertigo" guitar -- black with the red circles on it
* "Streets" does not have a red-colored background; flags of the countries on the African continent are shown behind the band instead
* "40" is performed as it was 20 years ago -- each band member leaves the stage one-at-a-time, and Larry ends the show with a brief drum solo

Stage notes:

* very simple stage, clean - just Larry's drums, Edge's stuff, keyboards, and lots of room for Bono to move around
* 3-level video screen
* main stage is shaped like the "Vertigo" spirals
* the "egg" extends further out onto the floor than the Elevation "heart" did
* there's no b-stage at the far end of the egg, but there is enough room for the band to play, just like on the Elevation Tour

the way this show kicks off and then
zoo staion- fly - vertigo :drool:

i think fly and vertigo together is a great 1-2 combo

AXVER, are you reading this????

"40" is performed as it was 20 years ago -- each band member leaves the stage one-at-a-time, and Larry ends the show with a brief drum solo

:rockon:

Last edited:
i thought that there was going to be an awesome transition from WOWY to Streets??????? AND the arena doesn't turn red? :huh:

i gotta wait til 5/9, just think that by then they will be running on all cylinders :wink:

u2phoenix said:
i thought that there was going to be an awesome transition from WOWY to Streets??????? AND the arena doesn't turn red? :huh:

maybe it's so good their waiting until opening night to unleash it :wink:

the streets thing surprised me as well,.

Last edited:
njelevation06 said:
lets fast forward to may 14th (my first show of the tour) shall we ? :wink:

only if my computer science project gets done in the meantime... :D

That and we have audio and/or video of every concert from now until then... :D :drool:

If they don't post a real review of the show in two minutes, I'll have two words for them...:madspit:

I was one of the lucky ones to get into the show tonight. They let in about 200 fans that were waiting outside. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone that doesn't want to know though.

Luminous, can u tell us about how the show started? COBL? Is it an epic buildup?

also, how is the lighting during the show? We heard theres 1,300 lights built into the stage, is this true? thanks.

SPOILER

This is a spoiler. Don't read if you don't want to know.

It is a very similar set up to the Elevation Tour stage set up. The ramp goes entirely around the stage. There are light bulb screens that go up and down around the stage during the set. The stage lights up with a bullseye look. It has the screen with each of the band members up close. Some cool special effects like smoke, lighting, confetti.

OH.MY.SWEET.GOD. :faint:

This is unbeliveable!! Great set list!!!! What do you mean Larry playes keyboards on Yahweh? And he changes drums?!?!?!?!? :ohmy:

Zoo Station / The Fly / Vertigo = :combust:

All Because Of You as the second to to the last? Must have been awesome to have a song like that there!!!! I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hope someone has recorded this because I fucking need it!!!!!! :drool:

It seems like this is going to be U2's best tour ever!!!! :bow:

RademR said:
Luminous, can u tell us about how the show started? COBL? Is it an epic buildup?

also, how is the lighting during the show? We heard theres 1,300 lights built into the stage, is this true? thanks.

COBL is an awesome opener. The lead into the song is great.

There was a lot of color used during the show as well as backlighting. There are at least that many light bulbs on these "screens" that come down. They are kind of like "beads" of lights that hang down in panels in various spots around the back of the stage. The stage is lit as well as the "oval" walkway.

TheBrazilianFly said:
Luminous: How did Larry played keyboards and Bono the drums?
\

There was a drum and cymbal brought up at the end of the oval. Larry played it first and then left to go to his own kit. Then Bono began to play it with Larry and then alone at the end of the song.

They brought out a small keyboard on Adam's side. Larry was playing one note at a time. It was "cute".

Back
Top Bottom