Madonna appreciation thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Close to 40,000 fans saw the opening night of the MDNA Tour tonight in Tel Aviv. Although the setlist is a bit lacking compared to past tours, judging by the pro-shot videos, it's just Madonna at her best. Oh, and what an entrance she makes, compared to Sticky & Sweet. In terms of production, this tour wins against Lady GaGa's Born This Way Ball (that cheap castle set is terrible...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNVVUNIw9ds

Extremely gutted that I will not get to see her on this tour, for now. Fuck you promoters. :wink:

Why are you comparing an actual stage with a performer on it with a stage we've only seen a sketch of? For pete's sake, not everything has to be this fucking stupid competition.

So annoying. (and yes, Madonna, I'm including you in that. I'm still peeved about the "she's not me!" nonsense.)

Why are you comparing an actual stage with a performer on it with a stage we've only seen a sketch of? For pete's sake, not everything has to be this fucking stupid competition.

So annoying. (and yes, Madonna, I'm including you in that. I'm still peeved about the "she's not me!" nonsense.)

I don't really understand the She's Not Me crap. Probably putting those rumors to rest about how Born This Way sounds, or does not sound like Express Yourself. But then it sparks another debate between Madonna and GaGa fans. Marketing move?

I don't hate GaGa, as I'm a fan of her music, and she has a great stage presence, but I was only making that comparison cause I was only noticing the differences. :shrug:

But all we've seen is a sketch? Why make the comparison at all?

Sorry, I'm crabby because I went onto Twitter, and half of what I saw were comments about the Madonna show, with digs at Gaga.

:madwife:

But all we've seen is a sketch? Why make the comparison at all?

Sorry, I'm crabby because I went onto Twitter, and half of what I saw were comments about the Madonna show, with digs at Gaga.

:madwife:

Oh, no worries. I really don't pay attention to the GaGa-Madonna fan feud, quite useless - I only appreciate the music and tours that they put out, and I haven't gone on Twitter today. :shifty:

Still in some sort of disbelief after seeing that the other day. Did she really do that? Wonder if will occur again at the Rome show tomorrow. Oh, and it looks like she's giving a nod to her past - something similar happened at Jean Paul Gaultier's fashion show in 1992. More shocked to see it now than in 1992, for obvious reasons.

I think this shows that she's going all out on this tour, maybe controversial than ever. Incredible production, a (surprisingly) average setlist..as I said before, it's Madge at her best.

Looks like Madge's performing Like A Prayer again, which I don't mind...one of my favorite songs of hers. Killer tune.

MADONNA ISTANBUL 2012 - LIKE A PRAYER - YouTube

:drool:

Meh, she's shown that nipple many times before, and it didn't sag so much then.

I didn't need to see it the first time, tbh.

I'm uncomfortable with it just because it seemed kind of desperate and awkward. So unnecessary. I was digging the performance until that and then it was like embarrassing. I was thinking it was a cool outfit and she was looking and acting age-appropriate while still being cool, loving her moves, etc., and then that just blew it for me.

And poor Rocco's in the show.

I'm getting a "desperate and awkward" with so much of her whole thing these days. :(

Despite all that, I'm still excited as all get out to see her in October.

I'm getting a "desperate and awkward" with so much of her whole thing these days. :(

Despite all that, I'm still excited as all get out to see her in October.

Me, too. I just wish she'd do classy instead of desperate. One of my favorite performances was the Live 8 one when she was in the white pant suit. That's the direction I wish she would continue in in her 50s.

Wasn't sure about it as well, but it's only a 5 second thing out of a 100-120 minute show. It's not as surprising now cause she had a much more 'controversial' past. I wonder if she didn't do that in the first 3 shows cause she was performing in the Middle East (Israel, UAE). It would have gone down much worse, in my opinion.

Either she just did it as a last minute 'Should I, should I not? Fuck it, I'll show it' thing, or she's like 'The tour moved to Europe now, I can flash it as much as I want!' Couldn't have been more obvious to flash it while singing Human Nature.

I miss the pre-MDNA days, or pre-divorce days, to be honest. :wink: Don't like that she's dating one of her dancers, though. Love is love, but that's just disgusting to me.

What's disgusting about dating one of her dancers? The dating in your workplace aspect? Is he 12 or something?

There is an approximate 30 year age difference, something you never see with older men and younger women.

What's disgusting about dating one of her dancers? The dating in your workplace aspect? Is he 12 or something?

Nah, I don't find the 'dating in your workplace aspect' disgusting. It's just the age difference, really. She's 53 or 54, he's in his mid-20s. It just looks wrong, in my opinion. (My level of maturity and intelligence is much lower than many users on here, and we all have different opinions) Sure, many people don't care about the age difference - many people don't even care about her dating life. I know I don't give a damn, but I find it disgusting. That's all, really - I could say the only gripe I have with Madge. :shrug:

Eh, big deal.

I was going to get all scoldy and say that it's no cool to judge someone else for making dating decisions you wouldn't personally make, but I do have my own squicks. Depends on how young the younger person is. Some old guy dating a 19 year old girl, to me, is different than Madonna dating a guy in mid 20s. So I get a little judgy sometimes about that sort of thing.

But whatever. Knock yourself out, Madge.

Edit: Don't knock your intelligence, prbiker! Maybe that's not what you meant. We have different views on stuff, but no one thinks you're a dimwit or anything. :)

At the Rome show tonight...

252255_348217551917902_1785625762_n.jpg

556655_348217891917868_1527948550_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/madonnatour2012

(Link is just in case if pics don't show up)
No nipple in sight, thankfully. :lol:

Still kind of desperate and not at all interesting but, whatever, I'm looking forward to the show.

Phoenix. Although after I bought that ticket she scheduled a Denver show which is closer to me so I might try to do that instead, especially after learning that Madge does not allow A/C in the venues she plays in and I'm not up for heat stroke en masse in Phoenix! The heat in Phoenix might also provoke more disturbing nudity. :crack:

It just looked awkward to me. It didn't feel authentic. Actually I guess I can't really say that about the butt shot because it's a photograph and not a video so perhaps I spoke too soon there. I am certainly not concerned about seeing a performer's boob or ass; it's not about being offended or anything.

The MDNA World Tour continues to sell out stadiums and arenas in Europe. After two arena shows in Barcelona, Madge will be in Coimbra, Portugal on Sunday.

550924_352943644778626_200719632_n.jpg

:lol:

Madonna and her dancers filmed the music video for the third single of MDNA, 'Turn Up The Radio', near Florence, Italy last weekend. In my opinion, Turn Up The Radio will be another single that will not last that long in the charts. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom