Madonna appreciation thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What book are we talking about? Madonna's book for children, or the older one...for adults?

Cuz the latter don't have a whole lotta reading.

Which brother is it? Not the one she was close to, I hope--the one from Truth or Dare?

Which brother is it? Not the one she was close to, I hope--the one from Truth or Dare?

Yes. It's her brother, Christopher, who was featured a lot in TOD. She was very close to him because he designed a lot of her clothes and the sets for both the Blonde Ambition and Girlie Show tours. They had a falling out after Madonna and Guy got married because Christopher and Guy can't stand each other.

The tracklisting for the new best of package has been announced. I'm probably the most excited about the video collection.

'Celebration' - Track Listing for CD & DVD Announced
For Immediate Release - August 26, 2009 - (Burbank, California) - Warner Bros. Records has confirmed the final track listing for Madonna’s upcoming “Celebration” CD – The “Ultimate” Compilation - and “Celebration the Video Collection DVD” – both scheduled to be released on September 28/29th. The songs which were selected by Madonna and her fans have all been exquisitely remastered. “Celebration” will be available as a two-CD set as well as a single CD.

The “Celebration Video Collection DVD” will include unedited and never before seen footage of “Justify My Love” along with 27 Madonna videos to be released on a DVD compilation for “the very first time” including “Into The Groove” and “Give It To Me” as well as the just completed video of Madonna’s new single “Celebration.”

Madonna clearly continues to rule the dance floor with her latest single. Her “Celebration” Remix EP is #1 on iTunes Dance Album chart as well as #1 on the Masterbeat overall chart. The song is #*5 on Billboard’s Club Singles Chart and the Greatest Gainer for the second week in a row. If “Celebration” reaches #1 on Billboard’s Club Single Chart, it would be Madonna’s 40th!!!! #1 Club single – the most of any artist in the history of the Billboard Club Singles Chart.

On the international front so far, the “Celebration” single is already #1 in Italy and Holland, #2 in Japan and is Top 5 airplay in every other major market.

Another newly recorded song, “Revolver” featuring Lil Wayne is also included on the “Celebration” CD. Artwork for the packaging of the CD and DVD was designed by renowned street pop artist “Mr. Brainwash.”

Currently on tour in Europe with her sold out “Sticky & Sweet” Tour, the multi-Grammy winning Rock and Roll Hall of Famer with the highest grossing tour in history for a Female Artist, is scheduled to end her tour with her final show in Israel on September 2nd.

Madonna Celebration CD Track Listing:

CD 1:
01) Hung Up
02) Music
03) Vogue
04) 4 Minutes
05) Holiday
06) Everybody
07) Like A Virgin
08) Into The Groove
09) Like A Prayer
10) Ray Of Light
11) Sorry
12) Express Yourself
13) Open Your Heart
14) Borderline
15) Secret
16) Erotica
17) Justify My Love
18) Revolver

CD 2:
01) Dress You Up
02) Material Girl
03) La Isla Bonita
04) Papa Don't Preach
05) Lucky Star
06) Burning Up
07) Crazy For You
08) Who's That Girl
09) Frozen
10) Miles Away
11) Take A Bow
12) Live To Tell
13) Beautiful Stranger
14) Hollywood
15) Die Another Day
16) Don’t Tell Me
17) Cherish
18) Celebration

Madonna Celebration DVD Track Listing:

1) Burning Up
2) Lucky Star
3) Borderline
4) Like A Virgin
5) Material Girl
6) Crazy For You
7) Into The Groove
8) Live To Tell
9) Papa Don’t Preach
10) True Blue
11) Open Your Heart
12) La Isla Bonita
13) Who’s That Girl
14) Like A Prayer
15) Express Yourself
16) Cherish
17) Vogue
18) Justify My Love
19) Erotica
20) Deeper and Deeper
21) Rain
22) I’ll Remember
23) Secret
24) Take A Bow
25) Bedtime Story
26) Human Nature
27) I Want You
28) You’ll See
29) Frozen
30) Ray Of Light
31) The Power Of Good-Bye
32) Beautiful Stranger
33) American Pie
34) Music
35) Don’t Tell Me
36) What It Feels Like For A Girl
37) Die Another Day
38) Hollywood
39) Love Profusion
40) Hung Up
41) Sorry
42) Get Together
43) Jump
44) 4 Minutes
45) Give It 2 Me
46) Miles Away
47) Celebration

Well shit, I guess I'm going to be buying that after all.

Isn't there supposed to be a new tour DVD coming this fall as well?

Funny that this thread has been bumped today cos I've been listening to a lot of Madonna! Listened to the Ray Of Light album 3 times today. Yes, 3 times.. couldn't get enough of it. So many great songs with those electronic and atmospheric tones all over!

Btw, where was the need for yet another Best Of? :scratch: I guess cos it's the end of the decade.

I'm digging "Celebration", but I haven't heard "Revolver" yet. I'm looking forward to it. The tracklisting for this greatest hits is infinitely better than GHV2 or IC.:up:

If the new boyfriend and I make it to Christmas, at least now I know what to get him. Except it might be one of those gifts I decide I need to keep for myself. :reject:

Now, however, insiders say Lourdes is emerging from her chrysalis as she stands on the cusp of her 13th birthday. After a childhood spent living according to her famously self-disciplined mother's rules, she is approaching her teenage years with supreme self-confidence.

The memorable performance in her mother's latest single, Celebration, is just the beginning.

Indeed, it is perhaps fitting that the song in which Lourdes appears is part of a greatest hits compilation, which some regard as bringing down the curtain on Madonna's productive life as an artist. Could it be that she is teasingly introducing her ready-made replacement?

Yet that substitute Madonna is not even a teenager - although plans are already afoot to celebrate her 13th birthday in style (Lourdes has submitted a lengthy wish list for the occasion, next month, including some seriously expensive fashion items).

But in truth, friends say, Lourdes Maria Ciccone Leon - whose father is Madonna's former personal trainer Carlos Leon - is already far more mature than her age.

Madonna, why are you turning your little girl Lourdes into a pouting clone? | Mail Online

I think she's pretty cool. I'm not as familiar with her recorded history as I should be (just know the hits) but she's got my respect.

Kinda paved the way for a lot of pop acts over the last 25 years hasn't she?

some of her music is really really good, especially her earlier stuff, or up until the early 90's anyway. In fact i would even call some of her music great.

But she is still an asshole.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn she's a complete and utter asshole.

But she's still awesome.

The video for 'Celebration' is pretty cheap looking. I had expected Warner would send her off with a decent clip - but I suppose there is still 'Revolver' to come in November.

Funny that this thread has been bumped today cos I've been listening to a lot of Madonna! Listened to the Ray Of Light album 3 times today. Yes, 3 times.. couldn't get enough of it. So many great songs with those electronic and atmospheric tones all over!

Same here! I've been listening to that album a lot lately. For some reason it flew under my radar when it first came out. In fact, I've been listening to all her stuff a lot lately. I appreciate her more now that when I was younger.

My most vivid memory of Madonna was when I first saw the Open Your Heart video. I was 11 or 12 when that came out, I think? It was the sexiest thing my tender eyes had seen up until then. :ohmy:

whoah whoah whoah! I dont think her new vid is absolutely crap crap crap!

it MAY NOT be as exciting as the likes of Hung Up, Sorry, etc.

but for fuk sake peeps, look at how much more boring her video for Love Dont Live Here Anymore is!

I really love the new song, its a floor filler for clubs, it may not be a fandabbydozzy video for you lot to go crazy over but I bloody like it! its bloody great and catchy. there are good dancers in it. its a fast pace song with vid to match for all the beats in it......and vid reminds me of Give It To Me. ( a little)

and the fuking complaints about her wearing a wig in it, etc.

shes still awesome to me. :up:

"Celebration" is one one Madonna's most uninteresting and poor singles ever. The instrumental screams a lack of imagination and a quick despair for hit Dance Charts only.

Plus, Madonna has already written a song like this ne 300 times before. «Come and dance»/«Let's celebrate»/«Release yourself and join the party»... Madonna has already sang this in similar (and much better) songs like "Everybody", "Holiday", "Into The Groove", "Spotlight", "Get Together", etc etc etc. Another thing is that she has already used the rhyme "Celebrate/ion" with "Hesitate/ion" and similar wasted words.

"Revolver" is a bit better but it belongs to the Hard Candy despair of hitting the urban charts with a cheap hip-hop influenced pop song. Madonna has already made miles much better things.

About the compilation with the same name Celebration, it could be worse.
Madonna is the kind of artists that has so many (but so many) easily recognizable hits that it's even hard to compilate it in two discs.
Given this, I can't understand why did she include songs that almost no one remembers anymore like "Burning Up", "Dress You Up", "Cherish" or the "Miles Away" fiasco-single, instead of other instant hits like "Don't Cry For Me Argentina", "American Life", "Give It 2 Me" or "You'll See", for instance.

On the DVD, there are other non-understable absences... This was the chance of releasing in a DVD compilation the censored version of "American Life" or the (poor but) first video, "Everybody". A bit serious too are the omission of some of Madonna's best videos ever, like the David Fincher's "Oh Father" and "Bad Girl" (first one is a true masterpiece) or the Sednaoui's "Fever", or even the enigmatic "Nothing Really Matters" or "Drowned World/Substitute For Love".

The music video for the single "Celebration" follows the poorness of the title itself and the lack of real artistic vision of the last album (and the last videos since 2006).

She's definitely a bitch. You only have to look at the way she treated people like Camille Barbone and other early benefactors. She's a narcissist who has proven time and again she'll screw (often quite literally) anyone to get what she wants.

That being said, Like A Prayer, Erotica and Ray of Light are all remarkable albums. It's just a shame her music these days is utter drivel. It reeks of someone trying desperately to hold onto her youth, right down to the horrid plastic surgery. I guess she was the Material Girl all along.

It's just a shame her music these days is utter drivel. It reeks of someone trying desperately to hold onto her youth, right down to the horrid plastic surgery. I guess she was the Material Girl all along.

I agree. Ray of Light was her last good work. Everything else after that is her trying to compete with Britney, Christina and Lady Gaga.

Wrong.

madonmusx.jpg

And the highlights of Dancefloor are superb.

Hard Candy is completely inexcusable though, so I would content that her most recent work is drivel.

And the highlights of Dancefloor are superb.

Hard Candy is completely inexcusable though, so I would content that her most recent work is drivel.

Love, love, LOVE Dancefloor. I was mostly disappointed with Hard Candy, save for one or two bright spots. I'm looking forward to the tour DVD though.

Yeah, the concert was certainly better than the album.

But I still enjoy 4 Minutes, Give it to Me, Heartbeat, Beat Goes On, Dance 2night, and the last two tracks.

It's not a bad album, just a somewhat shallow one.

She did the R&B thing a lot better on Bedtime Stories.

Back
Top Bottom