MacPhisto's Pleba Girls Party- It Hot,hot ,hot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FlyYourKite said:

:angry: :hug: What's going on Sami??

We have to do an english project and use a poem and make a slideshow/movie flashing the lines of the poem with images that go with it and a song playing that goes with it. So we picked the road not taken by robert frost and we were going to do Walk On. now my group is like eww U2! :slant: except one girl. and they have no idea what they want to do...and UGH!!

sami0201 said:

We have to do an english project and use a poem and make a slideshow/movie flashing the lines of the poem with images that go with it and a song playing that goes with it. So we picked the road not taken by robert frost and we were going to do Walk On. now my group is like eww U2! :slant: except one girl. and they have no idea what they want to do...and UGH!!

Ew to U2?? :angry: Kick her out of the group. :wink: I'm sorry Sami! I despise group work with all my heart and soul. I hope they smarten up for you! :madwife:

Hi again SG! :hug:

sami0201 said:

Woman Dies After Riding "Mission: Space"

POSTED: 8:39 pm EDT April 12, 2006

WALT DISNEY WORLD, Fla. -- In a written statement, the Walt Disney World Resort said a 49-year-old woman died Wednesday after riding “Mission: Space” at Epcot.

The woman became ill after she got off the ride Tuesday afternoon. She was taken to Celebration Hospital.

“We have closed the attraction to reconfirm proper operation of the ride,” the statement read. “The state Bureau of Fair Rides Inspection was notified and will be on site to monitor the inspection and review of the attraction.”

The statement expressed condolences to the woman’s family. Walt Disney World has not released the woman’s name or what caused her death.

In June 2005, a 4-year-old boy died after riding “Mission: Space.” A autopsy report released the following November showed that Daudi Bamuwayme had an enlarged heart, which put him at risk of sudden death.

:yikes: I mean, ok the pre-existing medical conditions may have something to do with it. Maybe the ride triggered it or they would have died soon anyway. But this is just a little nuts. The ride apparently has 8 gazillion warning signs about causing nausea, vertigo and headaches and apparently it's the only ride in the world that hands out barf bags. :|

Doesn't sound like much fun to me! I'm sure Disney will have to drastically change this ride or take it down for good.

FlyYourKite said:

Woman Dies After Riding "Mission: Space"

POSTED: 8:39 pm EDT April 12, 2006

WALT DISNEY WORLD, Fla. -- In a written statement, the Walt Disney World Resort said a 49-year-old woman died Wednesday after riding “Mission: Space” at Epcot.

The woman became ill after she got off the ride Tuesday afternoon. She was taken to Celebration Hospital.

“We have closed the attraction to reconfirm proper operation of the ride,” the statement read. “The state Bureau of Fair Rides Inspection was notified and will be on site to monitor the inspection and review of the attraction.”

The statement expressed condolences to the woman’s family. Walt Disney World has not released the woman’s name or what caused her death.

In June 2005, a 4-year-old boy died after riding “Mission: Space.” A autopsy report released the following November showed that Daudi Bamuwayme had an enlarged heart, which put him at risk of sudden death.

:yikes: I mean, ok the pre-existing medical conditions may have something to do with it. Maybe the ride triggered it or they would have died soon anyway. But this is just a little nuts. The ride apparently has 8 gazillion warning signs about causing nausea, vertigo and headaches and apparently it's the only ride in the world that hands out barf bags. :|

Doesn't sound like much fun to me! I'm sure Disney will have to drastically change this ride or take it down for good.

that is absolutely ridiculous! :no:

FlyYourKite said:

They do have a qazillion signs. :yes: And they warn you time and time again on the way in.

The ride accurately simulates a space flight. Basically, you know in movies where they put a guy in the seat and whip him around to simulate G forces? Basically it does that.....

It's crazy....

Not that I've been on it. I kinda chickened out.....

My guess would be that it will likely be shut down. It won't be worth the bad press.

~BrightestStar~ said:

They do have a qazillion signs. :yes: And they warn you time and time again on the way in.

The ride accurately simulates a space flight. Basically, you know in movies where they put a guy in the seat and whip him around to simulate G forces? Basically it does that.....

It's crazy....

Not that I've been on it. I kinda chickened out.....

:yikes: I'd be sitting and waiting for whoever decided to ride it - roller coasters yes, stuff that whips me round and round in circles? :no: unless I wanted to be :sick:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom