LP13 There is no album - only lies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read "busy" as meaning promotion and tour rehearsing. Didn't the article also mention touring starting in the fall? Or at least hinted at it?

Let me guess ... in an article that was published while they were out and about promoting that same album? Bono thinks every new album is the best they've ever done (at least when it's first out).

Because what else would he say? "Well, it's not as good as some of our other albums, but hey, it's still good!"

lol, that's not true, because he states in a Rolling Stone article out sometime after the release of the album that it was not as good as Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree. So given that, its clearly an honest assessment.

lol, that's not true, because he states in a Rolling Stone article out sometime after the release of the album that it was not as good as Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree. So given that, its clearly an honest assessment.

Oh, doy. I totally misread your initial comment.

If the rumours of them doing the World Cup in June are true: would they be more likely to release the album just before or just after that?

Yep, that's was I was thinking too. Single out two weeks before, then drop the album on the World Cup opening day when they play to 100's of millions

Or they aren't playing the opening show at all and will release the album after a surprise Soup her bowl advert from Soapy Bowel XXXIX :ohmy:

That would be a Super Blow

:reject:

Yep, that's was I was thinking too. Single out two weeks before, then drop the album on the World Cup opening day when they play to 100's of millions

Or they aren't playing the opening show at all and will release the album after a surprise Soup her bowl advert from Soapy Bowel XXXIX :ohmy:

... what the fuck did you just say?

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

Busy eh? What about a mini promo tour late Summer in some cool big US clubs like in 2000? More of a surprising/intimate thing. Just before the indoor leg. :hmm:

There are many fun, generous, open, and receptive posters in this thread.

Listen... Everyone knows that your only intent is to troll, because it's fun for you on some strange semi psychotic level.

And I fully agree that the 2 albums from the early 2000s get shit on around here too often... and that there's some great tunes on both of those records that can stand up with the very best U2 has ever done (and yet I would never call either album U2's best, as that would be crazy talk).

But perhaps your trolly troll trolling past makes you not the best of torch bearers for the positive aspects of these albums, especially when you run with an argument that 99% of the posters won't agree with.

Just a thought.

Let me guess ... in an article that was published while they were out and about promoting that same album? Bono thinks every new album is the best they've ever done (at least when it's first out).

Because what else would he say? "Well, it's not as good as some of our other albums, but hey, it's still good!"

That must've been as you said when it first came out, because I remember a quote after that in which he said something to the effect of it's a great collection of songs but it doesn't have any flow as an album and that pissed him off.

I really really doubt that U2 is going to World Cup. Actually, it was already dismissed here.

Ricky Martin and local artists are going to do the opening concert.

But is also very probably that Bono is coming along to drink some caipirinhas with Lula, LOL.

That must've been as you said when it first came out, because I remember a quote after that in which he said something to the effect of it's a great collection of songs but it doesn't have any flow as an album and that pissed him off.

It's a moot point, because I misread Steve's comment. :)

Are U2 re-signed to Island records now?
If so, don't they need to give them some kind of idea of when it's going to be done?
Or are we past that kind of record company crap? I mean, they don't have to answer to anyone I guess.

sorry if this has been discussed in prior threads....but what does everyone think of Edge's comments about him being very busy this summer.

One way to interpret is that the album will have been finished and he'll be busy with promotional activities. Or the pessimistic outlook is that "busy" means busy still working on the album. The former seems a plausible scenario, meaning a May / June release is likely. I guess Bono's quote to Friedman might be more accurate than we think.

I'd been wondering about this too!

I think he could have easily meant it either way, but the optimist in me thinks he wouldn't specify summer being busy regarding working on the album, given they're presumably working on it from now until then (unless they take a break now, which they don't seem to be doing), in which case the summer shouldn't be anymore important than the spring or whatever.

He seems to be saying something significant will happen in the summer, by which i assume he meant either wrapping up the album or releasing/promoting it.

Listen... Everyone knows that your only intent is to troll, because it's fun for you on some strange semi psychotic level.

And I fully agree that the 2 albums from the early 2000s get shit on around here too often... and that there's some great tunes on both of those records that can stand up with the very best U2 has ever done (and yet I would never call either album U2's best, as that would be crazy talk).

But perhaps your trolly troll trolling past makes you not the best of torch bearers for the positive aspects of these albums, especially when you run with an argument that 99% of the posters won't agree with.

Just a thought.

What do you mean by troll? Expressing an opinion? Expressing an opinion that's not to the liking of many people? How do you post here without being called a troll?

What do you mean by troll? Expressing an opinion? Expressing an opinion that's not to the liking of many people? How do you post here without being called a troll?

Expressing an opinion is fine and dandy.

Always taking the opposite opinion, on the other hand...

Getting back on point here, why DID the Vikings and yourself part ways, I mean you were better the Tommy "Concussion King" Kramer or Rich "Puny" Gannon?

Why won't you answer my queries?

Expressing an opinion is fine and dandy.

Always taking the opposite opinion, on the other hand...

Ok, but what if your opinions on the whole happen to be different from other peoples. Does that make you a "troll" because you have a minority opinion in multiple discussions? I guess its always easier to get in line and follow everyone else, regardless of what you think.

Bono said June, right? Has there ever been an occasion in their past when an album came out earlier than they said it would? I mean, I want it now but the small, asshole of a realist in me is saying no earlier than June, quite probably later.
I dont mind being optimistic though. But what's the reason we are suspecting/hoping that the album will come out sooner, I mean other than Invisible coming out and the 'its finished when its finished' comment? Does Guy O'seary have a track record of clients with surprise releases?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom