LP13: Oh well Oh Well Oh Well Oh Well....Tell Me More!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the meanwhile, more attractions of the iTunes festival were confirmed, except for days 19 and 30

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Ahhhh so now their plan is clear, they've been holding out for that prestigious midweek slot between *insert names here if you can be bothered looking them up*.... Bros and Bewitched.

Down with the kids me.

Honestly U2 are terrible at things like festivals where they don't have proper rehearsal time nor control over every aspect of what's going on.

For them to break out new music that nobody's heard before, and that they've never played before, as the closing headliner at a big festival?

Nahhhh... I don't see it.

Would be great to be wrong, but I can't see them putting themselves out there like that

Honestly U2 are terrible at things like festivals where they don't have proper rehearsal time nor control over every aspect of what's going on.

For them to break out new music that nobody's heard before, and that they've never played before, as the closing headliner at a big festival?

Would be great to be wrong, but I can't see them putting themselves out there like that

the funny thing is that this is certainly true of the band that they've become.. but in the mid 80s, they were so much more adept; they were able to jump into things like Live Aid, the Conspiracy of Hope tour, and play weird, uneven renditions of Dylan songs, seemingly without care. I guess this is due to the gact that they'd been playing together almost non-stop for the previous 8 years - if they were away from the stage it was maybe for a few months, tops.

maybe they're trying to get back to this place..? 360 seemed to involve a little more spontaneity.

I would just like to see them close out the festival, well-rehearsed or underrehearsed. I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't considered playing the festival, either.

interesting... I mean it says U2, and I don't know why there would be fireworks in the middle of nowhere... but there's nothing to tie it to U2 other than the guy saying it's U2

Yeah I've been trying to figure out how to message the user. But Youtube has become incredibly unintuitive as of late. Can anyone else try and ping him?

Or maybe someone realised that the unclarity of the situation is a great way to attentionwhore their way through the U2 fanbase?

I kinda miss the days when we didn't know shit about anything and didn't find out anything until Rolling Stone or MTV News had some sort of exclusive.

I kinda miss the days when we didn't know shit about anything and didn't find out anything until Rolling Stone or MTV News had some sort of exclusive.

I think that sometimes too. I remember coming home from high school one day, and my mom had set my Rolling Stone on the steps up to my room.

I glanced down at it and grabbed it. Kept on walkin. threw it on my desk and went about my day.
Only later that night when I looked again did I notice that it was U2! The Achtung Baby cover with them looking like they had never looked before. I was blown away.
Then first hearing The Fly, no warning.
Then waiting up late to hear the local radio station play the whole album the day before it was released.

Just incredible stuff that you don't get anymore with the technology of the day.

But hey, I enjoy this too.

Lough Sheelin (from Irish Loch Síodh Linn, meaning "lake of the fairy pool"), in standard Irish Loch Síleann,[1] is a limestone freshwater lough (lake) in Ireland located in County Westmeath, County Meath and County Cavan near the villages of Finnea (also spelled Finea) and Mountnugent and the town of Granard, (County Longford).

Boy...judging the amount of footage and locations they've used in the past two weeks, they're not shooting a video but a short film...

Can't wait ! A lot of filming activity leads to the upcoming single release :hyper:

The footage we are assuming they've shot...

The only thing we actually know for sure is the French shoot, and even that's only 90 something percent sure

U2 FILM CREW RECORDING A FIREWORK DISPLAY AT LOUGH SHEELIN (CHAMBERS BAY) LAST NIGHT . FOR THEIR LATEST MUSIC VIDEO . KILNAHARD HARBOUR WAS SEALED OFF . I MANAGED TO RECORD THIS AVOIDING PATROL BOATS AND SECURITY

:huh:

The footage we are assuming they've shot...

The only thing we actually know for sure is the French shoot, and even that's only 90 something percent sure

Sure, you may be right BUT what's driving me nuts is the fact that they managed to wrap the whole shoot in such secrecy with no leaks whatsoever...we have no idea what they're going to present to us other than...

1) Actor impersonating young Edge with Red Hair and a Guitar, walking on Sam Beckett bridge

2) Fireworks shot

3) Obscure footage of the band in a studio, most likely involving lots of CGI imagery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom