LP 13/Invisible: Please disperse, nothing to see here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The song will likely be up on iTunes in some country before the actual ad airs. They aren't going to air the ad and then risk being caught with their pants down if iTunes hasn't put it up yet. Plus, there's no real loss from people downloading it before the commercial airs since the ad is marketed towards casuals anyway (whereas the diehards will already know the new tune is on the way). Wouldn't be shocked if iTunes Estonia or whatever puts it up at midnight on Sunday (as in, Saturday evening).

It will be interesting to hear the reactions. "Get On Your Boots" didn't receive the most enthusiastic response around here and people have had to wait even longer between that and this new track than "Vertigo" and "Boots"...

Right, but the Super Bowl averages 111 million viewers in the US alone. I don't think they are concerned about a few hundred U2 fans holed up in the bathroom listening to Invisible on repeat.

what I do with my own time is NONE of your business #influshable

I'm pretty happy about it, since I won't be able to see the ad anyway. Just like the countless other non US U2 fans. So it's quite nice we can download it early. :wink:

I'm not new I have like 6 posts under my belt. All work and no play gives izzy a dull headache and a duller sense of humour :D

I've decided to delurk... I've actually read all the past album threads and while I'm a little scared (sarcasm), I've decided to start posting so be gentle! :wave:

Is the general consensus that the new record will have 12 songs? I heard some rumours awhile back about a double album, which seems improbable but any news about that?

I've decided to delurk... I've actually read all the past album threads and while I'm a little scared (sarcasm), I've decided to start posting so be gentle! :wave:

Is the general consensus that the new record will have 12 songs? I heard some rumours awhile back about a double album, which seems improbable but any news about that?

Welcome aboard. :)

No one has any idea how many songs the album will have, and I highly doubt that there will be a double album. There certainly hasn't been any mention of it as of late.

hello! you're a brave fool for joining this idiocy! :D

one of the band members mentioned something about 12 songs last fall, I think. but I wouldn't put too much stock in that number.. probably 11, 12 if you count Ordinary Love.

Welcome to our insane little corner of the internet.

I don't think there's been much chatter recently about the number of songs. Nothing even remotely like a consensus about that. We can't even agree on our assumptions about when the album will be announced and/or released. :wink:

Edit: Ha, holy triple post.

I bet it's going to be 12 with OL as an extra track, and it'd be nice to see older new songs suck as North Star, etc. as true b sides instead of the dance edits of more recent singles.
Based on another thread discussing edges rig, I'm hoping for more prominent guitar work on this album, and less meandering slide solos.

Dalton you still working at the double deuce?

Well, I actually know all about the album (having already gotten my copy), but I've sworn not to discuss it.

Did you miss this whole debacle earlier? Stop it, you're going to freak the lurkers out.

Dalton you still working at the double deuce?

Not even a single deuce. He's just listening to Invisible over and over in there like Mikal and Registered Dood, and doesn't want Mrs. Dalton to know.

Looks like I posted the Austin Powers toilet clip too soon.

Thanks for the welcome...

Just to add my opinion to the many here I'm of the mind that there will be an announcement soon about when the album comes out. Seems like all this promo for one single is a bit more than they would normally do.

I think the band will surprise with a double album. If not, IT could be a limited edition 2 cd,.with a string of songs that did'nt made the finale cut...

Does anyone still think that the commercial and/or iTunes page will include any references to the new album (albeit subtle, so as not to detract from the charity aspect), or is it pretty much a given that the album won't be mentioned until Jimmy Fallon or maybe even much, much later?

Indications point to much later, i.e. Bono's comments, DM's comments, promotion of a "charity single." Naivete and wishful thinking not withstanding.

Back
Top Bottom