Love and Peace -- Moloko

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Indiana Jones

The Fly
End of the Yellow Brick Road, Melbourne Oz
I've heard a few people compare Love And Peace Or Else to Nick Cave. Maybe. A friend is a huge Cave fan and when I played him LAPOE he didn't hear any resemblence. I don't hear any Cave in U2's LAP either.

However, there's a song by Belgian group Moloko called "Ramses, Colossus" -- it's Larry's drumming and Adam's rhythm, the way it rolls and swaggers, that reminds me so much of this quirky Moloko track. I urge everyone to track it down and give it a listen and tell me I'm not hearing things.

But then, I could be hearing things. :eyebrow:

ps Love And Peace Or Else is going to be huge when played live, you can just sense it when Edge lets his guitar roar at the end.

That only reveals greatness in l&poe, once that Nick Cave and Moloko are both superb acts.
Some others have mentioned also radiohead and the white stripes as influences on this song, which can make some sense as well.

For me it's mainly innovative u2, i mean u2 catching the most interesting bits of the best acts around, and blend them in their own approach to the song.

i would like to see more 'l&poe's' in htdaab.

btw, i think this song will be a great concert opener.

Jilet_sensor said:
Belgian band Moloko? British band rather.

right. and i am sure that the song it's not called "Ramses, Colossus" despite being this the main line through the song. i'm not sure but i think it's "absent minded friends" (?)

Nah, I checked on google and the couple of reviews I read refered to Moloko as being Belgian. I'm sure they've been called worse.

L&POE is U2, no doubt about it, but the rolling swaggering rhythm reminds me of Moloko's "Ramses, Colossus" for some reason. As I said, I may just be hearing things. No need to take the thread any further.:eyebrow:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom