Losing your love for U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
xaviMF22 said:
I take Pop anyday over ATYCLB and HTDAAB

You have every right to, but my point was that none of the albums I previously mentioned are widely, and rightly, considered legendary. As regards HTDAAB it's too early to say but I love it. :heart:

I can't see me ever losing my love for U2 - but I must admit to taking breaks once in a while and when I get back into listening to them I seem to love them even more than ever!!! :nerd:

Last edited:
MrBrau1 said:

They're confusing not liking the latest record with not liking U2.

Okay, rant time. I apologize in advance. I completely agree, whether it's the latest record or ATYCLB. Look, I didn't really like HTDAAB myself, but I just don't understand why certain people think it's necessary to keep whining about it. So you didn't like the last two albums - we get it. Why don't you sell your copies, burn your Vertigo/Elevation concert pictures and cleanse your soul of that safe-critic-toting filth?

This seems to happen in every fandom. For example... Ok, I'm a Star Wars fan. I hated the prequel trilogy. However, I didn't waste my time bitching and moaning about how the original trilogy was superior, or how George Lucas has lost his way, or whatever. I simply avoided threads that had to do with the prequels, I didn't buy the movies and guess what? I kept my sanity. No one forced me to like the prequels, just as no one is forcing you guys to like HTDAAB/ATYCLB. If you want to resign as a U2 fan because of 2 albums, then fine, do it. Why waste your time complaining about it? Or, as others have said, take a looong break from U2 if you've grown tired of them. That's what I'm doing. If someone's sick of Mexican food, then why would they keep going to Mexican restaurants? [/lame example]

As a side note, I also think it's amusing that some people seem to be "threatening" to stop liking U2, like it's a major announcement and the masses are really concerned. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
SpaceOddity said:

Okay, rant time. I apologize in advance. I completely agree, whether it's the latest record of ATYCLB. Look, I didn't really like HTDAAB myself, but I just don't understand why certain people think it's necessary to keep whining about it. So you didn't like the last two albums - we get it. Why don't you sell your copies, burn your Vertigo/Elevation concert pictures and cleanse your soul of that safe-critic-toting filth?

This seems to happen in every fandom. For example... Ok, I'm a Star Wars fan. I hated the prequel trilogy. However, I didn't waste my time bitching and moaning about how the original trilogy was superior, or how George Lucas has lost his way, or whatever. I simply avoided threads that had to do with the prequels, I didn't buy the movies and guess what? I kept my sanity. No one forced me to like the prequels, just as no one is forcing you guys to like HTDAAB/ATYCLB. If you want to resign as a U2 fan because of 2 albums, then fine, do it. Why waste your time complaining about it? Or, as others have said, take a looong break from U2 if you've grown tired of them. That's what I'm doing. If someone's sick of Mexican food, then why would they keep going to Mexican restaurants? [/lame example]

As a side note, I also think it's amusing that some people seem to be "threatening" to stop liking U2, like it's a major announcement and the masses are really concerned. :rolleyes:

Amen...:applaud:

xaviMF22 said:

What does being "gay" have anything to do with not liking the song?:| :eyebrow:
Obviously it has EVERYTHING to do with not liking the song.

Obviously.

I don't see how you can. Well, yes, I do, but surely if you're a fan of something... well, where does the fandom go if you decide to stop, lol? Do you use up the number of times you can listen to JT and still love it? I'm not saying it right, but meh.

I'm kind of sick, though, of people who don't like the last 2 albums banging on about losing their love and blah. It's as if those of us who do like the last 2 albums (yup, me included) are somehow settling for less or something? As if to be a proper fan you've to see through the 'rubbish' 00s albums. Oh, I know what I mean even if no one else does, lol.

I could never see myself losing my love for them, but I don't really listen to the studio albums very much because I prefer live bootlegs, so there's always a new show to listen to or watch and it never gets old.

Re: listening, I actually do listen to U2 every day because I'm usually on the bus into uni and I need U2 to lift me in the morning, lol! They just offer comfort and security in a music sense. When I get home I'll often put on something else, but I'm not ashamed to say I listen to U2 a LOT, because they're my fave band.

I hope they make another "crap" album for the people who didn't like these last 2, just so I can see them all leave and never have to deal with them again :happy:

I just don't get where people are saying that past U2 lyrics are so much superior
(before I continue this post please note that I do love pretty much every U2 album, believe that there are amazing lyrics in the past albums, and know that the recent albums have crappy ones as well at certain points)

But....

Some days are dry, some days are leaky
Some days come clean, other days are sneaky
(sdabto)

We're mild and green
And squeaky clean
(zooropa)

Alright, alright, alright, alright, alright
It's alright, it's alright, it's alright, it's alright
Hey baby, hey baby, hey baby, hey baby
It's alright, it's alright
(Zoo Station)

And a woman needs a man
Like a fish needs a bicycle
(TTTYAATW)

Midnight is where the day begins
(lemon)

I could go on, and please note, I love all of these above songs...I'm just pointing out that practically NONE of their songs have perfect lyrics.

catlhere said:
I hope they make another "crap" album for the people who didn't like these last 2, just so I can see them all leave and never have to deal with them again :happy:

:lol: and how..

Yea some past lyrics are terrible. YEESH! :uhoh: Even most people's (not mine) favorite album has some of the cheesiest lyrics;
Oh, come on, baby, baby, baby, light my way.
Oh, come on, baby, baby, baby, light my way
Baby, baby, baby, light my way.

& of course
Miami... my mammy! :happy:
(You knew it was coming! :tongue: )

Ok, I had a feeling that Midnight is where the day begins would be disagreed on...I knew I shouldn't have used that one...

I retract it now

SpaceOddity said:

Okay, rant time. I apologize in advance. I completely agree, whether it's the latest record or ATYCLB. Look, I didn't really like HTDAAB myself, but I just don't understand why certain people think it's necessary to keep whining about it. So you didn't like the last two albums - we get it. Why don't you sell your copies, burn your Vertigo/Elevation concert pictures and cleanse your soul of that safe-critic-toting filth?

completely agreed

it's ok not liking U2 anymore, but if you dislike the band of these 2 albums so much why waste your time bitching?

That's the thing that confuses me...
Somebody that doesn't like the most recent works of the band...
It means that they're not so interessed as they were in the past for them.
So, what really takes them to spend their time here, posting the same old shit, bitching repetitive things and boring the other users? That really makes no sense...:|
If I were them I'd rather make more interesting things than getting around something that's losing interest.

bono_212 said:
Ok, I had a feeling that Midnight is where the day begins would be disagreed on...I knew I shouldn't have used that one...

I retract it now

Lol, sorry, I love Lemon too much to be healthy. ;)

I :heart: Lemon more than words can express....I just which they wouldn't tell me the day starts at 12:00 a hundred times....I learned that in Preschool

:wink:

bono_212 said:

Some days are dry, some days are leaky
Some days come clean, other days are sneaky
(sdabto)

I agree. That whole song sucks!

bono_212 said:

We're mild and green
And squeaky clean
(zooropa)

Eh.. I don't mind it. It's better than 'walk/chalk/talk' and 'lips/skips/fingertips'. Besides, that line is followed by some awesome instrumentals!

bono_212 said:

Alright, alright, alright, alright, alright
It's alright, it's alright, it's alright, it's alright
Hey baby, hey baby, hey baby, hey baby
It's alright, it's alright
(Zoo Station)

Oh.. don't even go there! What's wrong with those lyrics? They're perfect for the beat and the train siren in that part of the song. Just like there's nothing wrong with the 'baby baby baby' repetitions in Ultraviolet, because it's accompanied with some amazing music! ok, it's my opinion.. anyway! :shrug:

bono_212 said:

And a woman needs a man
Like a fish needs a bicycle
(TTTYAATW)

:eyebrow: Do you know where that line is from? It's not Bono's. Some feminist who's name I can't recall right now, said it. And it's a great line! Brimming with confidence!

bono_212 said:

Midnight is where the day begins
(lemon)

um.. no. Lemon is fantastic!

Space Oddity, I love your avatar! Did you paint/draw it yourself?

P.S. I still think Revenge of the Sith kicks ass! :rockon:

Zoot.... Iwas just posting the ones I could think of.....like I said, I actually do love and enjoy all of those songs, no matter how much I might find some of the lyrics rather silly.....and I know bono didn't write that one line :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom