Losing your love for U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really im tired of this 1980-1997 crap, I am certain that in 1991, 1993, and 1997 I was having the same discussion with people then as you people are having now about U2 having lost the plot...never seen such spoiled rotton fans as U2 fans are, and personally I have been waiting for the so called "diehard" fans to disappear for the last 15 years at least because all they do is complain, it isnt limited to the last 2 albums either.

Yahweh said:
Really im tired of this 1980-1997 crap, I am certain that in 1991, 1993, and 1997 I was having the same discussion with people then as you people are having now about U2 having lost the plot...never seen such spoiled rotton fans as U2 fans are, and personally I have been waiting for the so called "diehard" fans to disappear for the last 15 years at least because all they do is complain, it isnt limited to the last 2 albums either.
Haven't you gotten the memo? the 90's were u2's pinnacle, and all this current stuff is bubble-gum pop shit and is supposed you make you feel ashamed to be a U2 fan. DUH! :madwife:

/sarcasm'd

Yahweh said:
:bow:

Yahweh said:
Really im tired of this 1980-1997 crap, I am certain that in 1991, 1993, and 1997 I was having the same discussion with people then as you people are having now about U2 having lost the plot

LOL. There was a thread a while back where someone posted discussions from a U2 mailing list in 1992. Anyway, a member was complaing about how much they loathed Zoo TV/Achtung Baby and the new direction U2 were taking with their sound. Needless to say, it was hilarious. Some things never change.

Last edited:
I've loved the band ever since I first heard Sunday Bloody Sunday and New Year's Day in 1983. I've never wavered through any of their albums. And I think HTDAAB has some of their best work yet. They can create whatever the heck kind of music they want and I'll be happy.

I'll love them until I die.

SpaceOddity said:

LOL. There was a thread a while back where someone posted discussions from a U2 mailing list in 1992. Anyway, a member was complaing about how much they loathed Zoo TV/Achtung Baby and the new direction U2 were taking with their sound. Needless to say, it was hilarious. Some things never change.

I would love to read this!

I hope I never lose my love for U2. but I know I Will take a break from them for a while at one point! I'm on a Police/Sting break right now. But whenever one of their songs come on I still get really into it. I love it!

I hope I will never not want to listen to U2 though. But I do definately need some variety!

Yahweh said:

You know something? You're right. Us HTDAAB haters ARE spoiled. We've been spoiled by great, legendary albums by a great, legendary band, and we will not settle for half-assed shit.

i never loved the sound of U2 in the 2000s.:down:
though there still is 'love' for their music from 1980-1997 :up: :rockon:
but i lost my sympathies for loudmouth boner. :down: imo he is a wanker.
i hope he can re-vitalize his sense for superior lyrics. the most of his latest lyrics on the last 2 albums are crap. :down:
the other three guys of U2 are okay :up:

I'm rather close to losing my love for them. I guess I just need a break. I did that for a while last year, but apparently it wasn't long enough. Sometimes I just need to listen to other bands, and let my U2 batteries recharge.

xaviMF22 said:
I always thought that I would never lose my love for U2, but it did happen. U2 used to be my favorite band, but they their last record really disappointed me. Thats when my love for them began diminishing. I guess that I also found other bands that are doing far more intereresting things than U2 at the moment.

The thing is to enjoy and appreciate other bands music , but don't let that become a benchmark to judge U2's music.

U2 can't be beaten as a band - for me - but there's lot of their released music is which is average to dull.

But other bands are just the same.

I remember getting into Nirvana and still appreciating both bands for their different muscial output. I could easily play them side by side and enjoy both bands.

The only difference to ANY band that I'm into is that when I watch a U2 video I always get goosebumps.

...and the fact that track for track, there aren't too many albums that can equal The Joshua Tree or Achtung baby.

katiebu21 said:
I will never stop loving U2...it's just not possible for me. U2's music has helped me through the worst times in my life. It's as simple as that.

Same here, no matter how crap they'll be in the future (I doubt they will be) I will never lose interest or love for that reason alone. Also I got into U2 music at the same time as becoming a Christian. Their music helped me a lot through my spiritual growth and I will always owe them for that, no matter how they change.

I'm sort of on a quasi-break from U2's music right now. Not listening to them as much. But my love for the band has not changed at all. Listening to other bands is good, but no other band has the magic U2 has. Even if U2 changes their direction stylisticly, each band member ( and the band as a whole) is so strong and personable you just can't help but love them!

MrBrau1 said:
Yeah, the computer has made listening to a diverse collection of music mush easier than trying to pick out a cd at a time. God bless the modern age.

624 U2 songs.

8548 total songs.

It's actually easier nowadays not to get burn out on 1 artist.

I let Itunes fly on shuffle all the time.

It's the best radio station on the planet.:drool:

I would marry my iTunes if I could. :heart:

oh shit I understood this question in a different way..."is anyone heve ever been gone close to loose his/her sweetheart (his love) in order to follow u2 and their music?"
:ohmy:
gosh I think this is blatantly heartache...
:wink:

Sometimes i get bored and i listen to something new, like coldplay , rolling stones, acdc... and i regain my love for it.

love_u2_adam said:
if some of you said that your losing your love for u2...:shifty:then why are you still here??? :huh:

There are other things to discuss on this board that are not related to U2.

I'm sure I'll always love U2. However, as other people have said, it is definitely necessary to take breaks from their music every once in awhile. I love doing that, because they usually sound better than ever whenever I start listening to them again.

I like to discuss GibsonGirl's obsession with Tim Curry on this board.

Not everything is about U2, guys!!! :mad:

I just saw BRMC monday and have been binging on them since. For the hell of it today on my way to work I decided to put on HTDAAB just to listen to LAPOE. Edge, Adam and Larry do just fine on this tune but the lyrics are just so pedestrian, by Bono standards anyway. A few decent tunes on this album but I could put it away forever and not miss it.

For the record I do like ATYCLB, I haven't played it in awhile either but when I do it's like catching up with an old friend I haven't seen in awhile.

I think GibsonGirl and love_u2_adam should start a band together. Think of it, both of you. Find a drummer somewhere, preferrably a young reasonably attractive girl, and remember us when you get huge.

PlaTheGreat said:
I like to discuss GibsonGirl's obsession with Tim Curry on this board.

Not everything is about U2, guys!!! :mad:
If we could combine her obsession with Tim Curry and my obsession with Adam Curry (lolwtf) into one thread, we could write the best 80s musical ever.

GibsonGirl said:

There are other things to discuss on this board that are not related to U2.

I come here for the spam and for posting humourous GIFs, to be honest.

and trolling....

jacobus said:
i never loved the sound of U2 in the 2000s.:down:
though there still is 'love' for their music from 1980-1997 :up: :rockon:
but i lost my sympathies for loudmouth boner. :down: imo he is a wanker.
i hope he can re-vitalize his sense for superior lyrics. the most of his latest lyrics on the last 2 albums are crap. :down:
the other three guys of U2 are okay :up:

Six years now, do us all a favour and move on....

ozeeko said:

You know something? You're right. Us HTDAAB haters ARE spoiled. We've been spoiled by great, legendary albums by a great, legendary band, and we will not settle for half-assed shit.

October, Zooropa, Pop... legendary. :huh: I seriously don't think so. Give me HTDAAB over these albums any day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom