Los Angeles I Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Harbinger said:
Well, they did make SOME changes through that tour, the DROPPED do you feel loved, if god will send his angels, eventually miami, etc. :)

Heh, they really didn't do much at all with those sets. Dropped DYFL. Replaced IGWSHA with NYD. Replaced Miami with SBS. Slightly moved around the order to put Pride/ISHFWILF before the acoustic set.

And really, there were only a few other minor changes for the whole tour.

Though the month of March for the first leg of War was just as static ...

this is a pretty strong set, in my opinion... 'love and peace' is just amazing, i love the 'boy' songs, and the Zoo-trifecta is fantastic. as long as they mix it up a bit, every couple of nights, i'll be a very happy camper. :)

i do wish they'd include a song from "Pop"... but overall, i'd give it a big :up:

Harbinger said:
Didn't someone say that Bono/the band said they were going to get comfortable with a setlist before they made drastic changes? This looks like it oculd be that set. I like it. I expect more change from here on out (though I won't hold my breath too long).

That's true. I remember a quote saying they wanted to use the first 5-6 shows to get comfortable with the songs and the set before doing anything drastic.

Should be interesting to see what happens in San Jose.

IT IS a really good set, but the rumors made us expect they would be playing a greater variety, that's all.
I'm bored by Pride, Streets, One, but I enjoy the rest of it!:)

Wah! What a bunch of setlist crybabies!

I can't believe what I just waded through, as I joined the party a little late!

Not everyone is at the same freakin' show every night. I, for one, am looking forward to hearing this rip, roaring setlist. Sheesh, just get a life will you. You'd love for Willie Williams to set up the next to impossible rotating juke box. Give the boys a break...and me too!

:reject: I guess I need to go to sleep now! (1:35 am local time)

Harbinger said:
i've heard a lot about San Jose... what's so special about it (not to diss anyone from there, I'm just uninformed on this).

San Jose saw Kite debut.

Though what I meant by referring to it is that we would be up to the 7th show, past the 5-6 shows space given in the quote.

Harbinger said:
i've heard a lot about San Jose... what's so special about it (not to diss anyone from there, I'm just uninformed on this).

on the first leg of Elevation, the 2nd SJ show featured a couple of big debuts (from U2tours.com):
"The first major shake-up of the tour's setlist sees 'Kite' make its debut. 'Stay' shows up as the first 'Zooropa' song ever performed on North American soil."

Stingray said:
I'd say--
replace Pride with Bad
replace Elevation with Mofo
add Tryin' to throw...
add Unforgettable Fire
and end with UTEOTW
and you have yourself one hell of a show

Better idea: send TTTYAATW to burn in the hell of songs that shall never ever be performed live again.

End the main set with UTEOTW, yes. Whole show? Hell no. 40.

Axver said:

Better idea: send TTTYAATW to burn in the hell of songs that shall never ever be performed live again.

End the main set with UTEOTW, yes. Whole show? Hell no. 40.
i like tttyaatw :D

and as far as UTEOTW i meant the main set... i'm really bored with mysterious ways

*Ally* said:
on the first leg of Elevation, the 2nd SJ show featured a couple of big debuts (from U2tours.com):
"The first major shake-up of the tour's setlist sees 'Kite' make its debut. 'Stay' shows up as the first 'Zooropa' song ever performed on North American soil."

That was the best show I ever saw U2 do!!:drool:

Love and Peace
Vertigo
Elevation
Cry / Electric Co.
An Cat Dubh / Into the Heart
City of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes you can’t make it on your own
New Year’s Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky / Hands that Built America
Running to Stand Still
Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways

Pride
Where the Streets Have No Name
One
All Becuase of You

Re: Mysterious Ways, IMO the versions on the new tour are much better than they've been lin quite some time. Getting into the song quicker helps, I think...

Stingray said:
i like tttyaatw :D

and as far as UTEOTW i meant the main set... i'm really bored with mysterious ways

Not only do I find TTTYAATW to usually be a tad on the boring side, I think it has some of U2's weakest lyrics. But this discussion has been had before ...

UTEOTW would be feckin' sensational instead of Mysterious Ways. Even more sensational in place of Elevation.

Harbinger said:
Re: Mysterious Ways, IMO the versions on the new tour are much better than they've been lin quite some time. Getting into the song quicker helps, I think...

i like this version, too- much better than the elevation tour version. it kinda reminds me of the Zoo version... :)

the new version of the fly rocks, too... edge's solo :drool:

Love and Peace
Vertigo
Elevation
Cry / Electric Co.
An Cat Dubh / Into the Heart
City of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes you can’t make it on your own
New Year’s Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky / Hands that Built America
Running to Stand Still
Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways

Pride
Where the Streets Have No Name
One
All Becuase of You
Yahweh

All right, I'm off to bed; I can't get into the habit of doing this every night of the tour :)

Hopefully a surprise in the last (2) songs, but probably not..

G'night all.

Harbinger said:
Anaheim II's ABOY sounded much better than the others IMO; not nearly as muddy.

Cool, I'm half-way through listening to that show for the first time right now.

Even when I was there at the rehearsal and SD1 it sounded muddy...

Niceman said:

Cool, I'm half-way through listening to that show for the first time right now.

Even when I was there at the rehearsal and SD1 it sounded muddy...

Everything at the rehearsal sounded muddy.

Back
Top Bottom