Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel, Screwtape, Andrew ... welcome back to another episode of the Superthread.

3 months old. Her name is Lily.

I love being a dad WAY more than I thought I would and I always thought I would love it. But, I'm glad we waited as long as we did. We had a lot of fun just the two of us before we started a family.

Varitek said:

This may come as a shock to all of your perceptions of me, but for about a year and a half I have had to ferociously beat back my biological clock which is saying "babies babies babies babies babies babies." I fucking love babies. They are so great and make me so happy. Sadly my brain tells me to have a career and wait 10 years.

How old is she?

I love kids. I have always wanted a daughter. :cute:

phillyfan26 said:
Daniel, Screwtape, Andrew ... welcome back to another episode of the Superthread.

I have missed so much by being pretty absent for two days. And yet, now that I'm back, I have to go to work soon.

Dalton said:
3 months old. Her name is Lily.

I love being a dad WAY more than I thought I would and I always thought I would love it. But, I'm glad we waited as long as we did. We had a lot of fun just the two of us before we started a family.

oh my god that is such a great age! I am so jealous. fuck, now I have to go and find a baby to play with. damn it. damn you.

I want to do the same - be married for some time before having kids. but if I got married on the older side I might not want to wait long.

Screwtape2 said:
I love kids. I have always wanted a daughter. :cute:

If I ever have kids, I'm not sure I'd know how to raise a daughter, since I've only got three brothers.

As a matter of fact, I think both of my parents are extremely pleased that all four of us are boys.

phillyfan26 said:

I kid of course. :wink:

But you'll be out of town for good with graduation coming up, won't you?

Yeah I am not a fan of Philly, nor can I imagine there being any place for me to work here. NY, DC, one place in Boston, otherwise we're talking London in the 1st world, but I am bowing out of the first world for a while. The Internet/Interference withdrawl is not gonna be fun but it'll be good for me.

Varitek said:

Yeah I am not a fan of Philly, nor can I imagine there being any place for me to work here. NY, DC, one place in Boston, otherwise we're talking London in the 1st world, but I am bowing out of the first world for a while. The Internet/Interference withdrawl is not gonna be fun but it'll be good for me.

Where are you going to go? What is your major?

phillyfan26 said:

If I ever have kids, I'm not sure I'd know how to raise a daughter, since I've only got three brothers.

As a matter of fact, I think both of my parents are extremely pleased that all four of us are boys.

I want both. I grew up in an all-female family but I think I'd have an awesome time with a son and I'd love to give a daughter a protective big brother. (obviously you can't count on such plans.) (hmm i am sure that this stems from being the oldest daughter in an all female family and romanticizing that relationship. also the all female family may be why I am so into really, really masculine guys. or it might just be that muscles and assertiveness are hot.)

Varitek said:

Sounds like the Philly withdrawal might be good for you.

I'm too much a Philadelphian in attitude not to enjoy it here.

Dalton said:

Where are you going to go? What is your major?

polisci + peace and conflict + public policy

bosnia for the summer, then hopefully ghana and then liberia but we shall see. worst comes to worst if that falls through i'll just join the peace corp but that's a long time commitment.

Varitek said:

polisci + peace and conflict + public policy

bosnia for the summer, then hopefully ghana and then liberia but we shall see. worst comes to worst if that falls through i'll just join the peace corp but that's a long time commitment.

When you're in Africa figure out a way to sneak down to Cape Town. Its epic.

phillyfan26 said:

Sounds like the Philly withdrawal might be good for you.

I'm too much a Philadelphian in attitude not to enjoy it here.

I'm a Bostonian/NYer. Might seem counterintuitive but I truly believe the attitudes are very similar, with a slight inferiority for the small city and overblown superiority for NY. I loved NY which gave the Bostonian in me fits. But I also loved it as a 20 year old (with a fake ID) and would love it in my 20s but not to raise a family - then I'd want a Boston.

bono_man2002 said:

I should only be spending "this" much time here on my lunch hour. But I'm bored too often.

Well my job is full of physical labour. So no sitting but during break.

Dalton said:

When you're in Africa figure out a way to sneak down to Cape Town. Its epic.

yeah that'd cost the same as getting to europe and i'd rather go to europe and see what u2 i can, which might be none, but i'm whistfully willing to empty my bank account to get over for a week of shows. some day i'd love to see south africa...along with pretty much every country.

Dalton said:
I have a half sister that is 15. She's the reason why I don't know how to raise a daughter. She's gone crazy in the last 12 months.

I think everyone goes crazy to a certain extent in their teens. How bad has she been?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom