Lodgepole, Nebraska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Where to next?

• Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu, New Zealand

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Fernando de Noronha, Brazillian municipality

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Wetwang, England

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Mars, Mars

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
coolian2 said:

Or is it STAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

At 31/04/1996, Bono had the smoke sound and did it "stuuuuaaaaaaeeeeeee" and it's so strong and in a higher key. I think he had some wine before the show.

Axver said:
The electric live version of Stay from ZooTV is bloody amazing and makes the studio version look kinda shitty.

but this is true of ALL U2 songs pretty much, no matter how amazingly orgasmic they are on the album, they OWN themselves live. this is why we are all dying for heartland and acrobat and such.

Varitek said:

but this is true of ALL U2 songs pretty much, no matter how amazingly orgasmic they are on the album, they OWN themselves live. this is why we are all dying for heartland and acrobat and such.

That's not true. Just listen to Pride.

Varitek said:
I'm the only one who loves Red Hill Mining Town.

No, there are more of your kind around. Just not me. It's maybe my 8th favourite off its album.

the tourist said:

80s pride sucked but I loved it on the Vertigo tour. I know I'm in an interference minority here but I just can't understand this statement being universal to all of Pride's performances. I didn't understand it at all until I got really into old boots.

the tourist said:

The 31 August 1984, Wellington performance and the one on the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1987 both top the studio version.

Varitek said:

80s pride sucked but I loved it on the Vertigo tour. I know I'm in an interference minority here but I just can't understand this statement being universal to all of Pride's performances. I didn't understand it at all until I got really into old boots.

I can't listen to Pride and be pleased unless it's album version.

coolian2 said:
It's not my favourite on the album, when it comes on i love it, but i don't seek it out.

FECK, i forgot Electrical Storm

I actually like Electrical Storm too.

Axver said:

The 31 August 1984, Wellington performance and the one on the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1987 both top the studio version.

Never heard either. But how is the recording quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom