Lodgepole, Nebraska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Where to next?

• Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu, New Zealand

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Fernando de Noronha, Brazillian municipality

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Wetwang, England

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Mars, Mars

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varitek said:

don't know martin phillips.

late april...pt?

late april = me 21. i might die that night. i am so excited, all my friends being a year older than me at least.

Martin Phillipps is a Kiwi musician, the only permanent member of The Chills. He put out February on his solo album. Not sure why the fuck he did a solo album as all Chills albums are essentially his anyway.

And yes, that's right, my glorious Porcupine Tree trek. :drool:

Honestly, I didn't get why my 21st was meant to be a big deal ... but hey, I had a good dinner with good company, so I was happy.

ax you might also like the 4th song on Dar Williams' Mortal City: The Christians and the Pagans. that and the title track are a little too literally storytelling for me, i am fine with a song that tells a story just not that blatantly with no room for metaphor in lyrics

hey people.

fuck me computer is slow today.

im downloading juno and im not there, both are taking incomprehensible time to download

and im not happy

Axver said:

Honestly, I didn't get why my 21st was meant to be a big deal ... but hey, I had a good dinner with good company, so I was happy.

Yeah well i live in an ass backwards country where i have been drinking illegally for over 7 years, and i have been to about 19 other countries where i could drink legally. :angry:

mysterious_jen said:
hi everyone group :hug: looks like the whoreathon continues good work !

It's an unstoppable beast of random topic goodness.

Varitek said:

Yeah well i live in an ass backwards country where i have been drinking illegally for over 7 years, and i have been to about 19 other countries where i could drink legally. :angry:

Yeah, way to have a backwards drinking age, America. It doesn't do anybody any good.

But people here still make a big deal about the 21st. I have no idea why. Ah well, it was my last significant birthday for another nine years.

COBL_04 said:
hey people.

fuck me computer is slow today.

im downloading juno and im not there, both are taking incomprehensible time to download

and im not happy

Juno was great if you like peppy chick flicks
<- is a chick so yes

:wave: Jen! You might want to read the last what was it, 10-15 pages of our previous thread...things got rather amusing from screwtape and i overshared.

Varitek said:
wow amazon only charges .89 for song, way to undercut itunes. not that i buy music that isn't u2 :reject:

(paul mcguinnes :finger:)

And it's higher quality than iTunes and has no drm.

Varitek said:

Juno was great if you like peppy chick flicks
<- is a chick so yes

:wave: Jen! You might want to read the last what was it, 10-15 pages of our previous thread...things got rather amusing from screwtape and i overshared.

juno looks good i havent bothered to watch it yet,

ooooh sounds interesting i will go sees what i can find .

Varitek said:

good to know if i ever wanna buy music legally and not get the liner notes and cd...

Hahaha. But like you said, it's better than iTunes.

COBL_04 said:

ohhh theyre hell.

wats also annoying is missin out on postwhoring but i cant do it!!!

boo

School is over-rated. Stay and postwhore. :wink:

COBL_04 said:
i alays bbuy cds.

burning is shithouse.

every u2/beatles/who/floyd/bowie cd i own is bought.

Everything that I have on my computer besides random U2 b-sides from Axver and random U2 live stuff from various others is purchased and paid for.

Varitek said:

good to know if i ever wanna buy music legally and not get the liner notes and cd...

I'd happily pay if it's lossless. I don't need liner notes or album art, and if I ever want to burn it onto CD, I can.

I think the best idea would be something like oink.cd, just with everything in well-regulated quality, both lossless and lossy, and you pay a monthly fee to access it and download via bit torrent. I'd happily pay $30 a month for that sort of arrangement.

the tourist said:

Can't wait to throw that line at you in a few weeks. :wink:

Well, you can't, I don't go to school. Finished in 2004.

But yeah, when I'm back in uni, adjust it appropriately and call me a hypocrite. I never said I wasn't one. :wink:

Axver said:

Well, you can't, I don't go to school. Finished in 2004.

But yeah, when I'm back in uni, adjust it appropriately and call me a hypocrite. I never said I wasn't one. :wink:

Eh, university is school to me.

COBL_04 said:
i alays bbuy cds.

burning is shithouse.

every u2/beatles/who/floyd/bowie cd i own is bought.

Buying CDs is a complete fucking ripoff, especially with the exorbitant prices here. I point blank refuse to. I'll buy directly from the artist though. And go to their gigs. They get more money from me out of my gig attendance anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom