Llanfairynghornwy, Anglesey, Wales superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, because too many of the coaches fit the stereotypical "coach who takes it too seriously and plays dirty while insulting the kids" bill.

I witnessed a coach tell a player tonight that he needed to lie next time and say that a pitch hit him (when it didn't and the kid admitted it). "When I ask you that question, you say yes."

This particular coach is a part of a trio of coaches for one team (suitingly named the Yankees) that is the worst thing I've ever seen in Little League baseball. The one assistant coach yelled at the ump for a minute between innings about how the coach of the other team had lied to get a call changed (the other coach, funny enough, being my dad).

I'm thinking about telling the commissioner of the league about it. That's how fucking pissed off I am.

I retire at the end of the year, and tonight confirmed any doubts.

Wow, that's fucked up.

It's amazing how there are people out there who act like that - all that matters is that they win. Teach kids about morals and doing the right thing, you idiots.

You could report it, but all the "powers that be" are old cronies and usually are in their own mindset and don't hear a word. Who knows :shrug: I witnessed it somewhat while hubby was a coach for Maddy's basketball team a year or two ago. You get nowhere for speaking up & doing the right thing :|

It's all about the almighty W.

The guy who runs the league is a reasonable guy, I just don't know if he can do a lot off the word of a 17-year old.

But you are employed to ref games. If you don't speak up, are you not doing your job? Are you not just brushing it under the table? What's Dad got to say?

I'm not the umpire. I'm the broadcaster and statistician.

(I do ref basketball, which is what's probably mixing you up.)

My father's take is that I have to limit my complaints to what is totally out of line (telling the kid to lie) and to present it, as Ian said, as a "do what you want with this information, but I thought you ought to know" scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom