Live8 Setlist Party Pt 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cmb737 said:
This kind of feels like Woodstock 2 to me...

Good idea on paper, over-hyped, over-commercialized, and overall a poor representation of the original.

Exactly what it is to the orignial Live Aid.

I wonder how it actually is, like not on TV, why are they even bother broadcasting it? Oh right...ad space...

maybe its just the MTV broadcast? CTV has done a great job, starting at 7am in the morning, and they keep cutting out of the canadian concert and showing other great performances-- and after the concert ends they'll show the best performances around the world that weren't broadcast

cmb737 said:
This kind of feels like Woodstock 2 to me...

Good idea on paper, over-hyped, over-commercialized, and overall a poor representation of the original.

Exactly what it is to the orignial Live Aid.

I wonder how it actually is, like not on TV, why are they even bother broadcasting it? Oh right...ad space...

I honestly think that this will be much more effective in achieving it's goals & objectives. Musically it's debatable - I think there are more highlights (by virtue of the fact there are more acts) but with that you also get the bad.

This is very fun & it's not cool to compare while we are still in action!

i think the concerts have been amazing, especially london

its the mtv coverage of it thats crap

I disagree cmb737, you folks in the US are getting screwed on television coverage but the AOL feeds are incredible. There have been many fantastic performances so far today and we are only halfway through the day. This is also a different type of concert, this isn't a charity event, this is a call to action. But you are correct in the pathetic broadcasting being provided to the US.

trevster2k said:
I disagree cmb737, you folks in the US are getting screwed on television coverage but the AOL feeds are incredible. There have been many fantastic performances so far today and we are only halfway through the day. This is also a different type of concert, this isn't a charity event, this is a call to action. But you are correct in the pathetic broadcasting being provided to the US.

very true

Chris Martin, Jonny Buckland, Guy Berryman, and Will Champion are four of my favorite people in the world, I don't care what anyone says.

bcrt2000 said:

maybe its just the MTV broadcast? CTV has done a great job, starting at 7am in the morning, and they keep cutting out of the canadian concert and showing other great performances-- and after the concert ends they'll show the best performances around the world that weren't broadcast

Yea...it's the MTV Broadcast...that's what make this feel like Woodstock 99ish.

Lucky you for having a great music show...if you can call it that....as to everyone else who has a great music place. (like MuchMusic).

I agree, CTV is doing a great job, showing quite a lot of the non-Canadian performances (not as much as I'd like, but obviously a hell of a lot more than MTV).

And they're showing Nelson Mandela speaking now, which, I'm sure, MTV isn't.

inmyplace13 said:
Chris Martin, Jonny Buckland, Guy Berryman, and Will Champion are four of my favorite people in the world, I don't care what anyone says.

They are all very cool. I used to think Chris was extremely cool - but now he is starting to become slightly irritating - his name dropping is beggining to bother me.

Will & Johnny :up:

Guy is just plain hot. (apparently)

KUEFC09U2 said:
wow everyone talking about coldplay, have you forgot about U2 now?

No, but they actually played a Coldplay song.

And my name is IN MY PLACE 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom