Live in Chicago DVD Documentary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sting

The Fly
For anyone who watched the short documentary on Disc 2 of the Vertigo Live in Chicago DVD, there is a part where it shows Bono outside talking to a bunch of fans(it is the 2nd time I believe (It already shows the same footage earlier)it shows him walk out of the Arena and he sees all the fans and looks 'surprised', I guess). There is a song playing in the background, very epic, without any vocals. Sounds alot like it could be a U2 song... I am really sorry for this crappy description, but I am not sure if it is a U2 song or not, but if it is, can anyone tell me which song this is. as it sounds incredible. I believe they use alot of U2 songs in the background of the documentary, and edit it around to cut out the vocal parts, so they may very well of done this.

Sorry for the lame description. Help will be greatly appreciated :D.

I will have to go take another look and see if I can hear it. I'll come back after I do and let you know what I hear. They did so much cut and paste of that dvd. It's not all from the 5/10 show.

yup thats probably the song, and he is walking out of his hotel there, not the arena

Yes! that is the song. Thank you guys. Is it just more or does the song near the end fade into the guitar solo of The Fly?

Sting said:
Yes! that is the song. Thank you guys. Is it just more or does the song near the end fade into the guitar solo of The Fly?

You are correct. :) Lady With the Spinning Head originated in the Hansa sessions when U2 was recording Achtung Baby. The original track provided music for both The Fly and Until the End of the World.

yes I can definately hear similarities between both songs and this one! I think its better as the two seperate entities(The Fly and UTEOTW are both 2 of my favourite U2 songs... )

Amazing.

miss becky said:
You are correct. :) Lady With the Spinning Head originated in the Hansa sessions when U2 was recording Achtung Baby. The original track provided music for both The Fly and Until the End of the World.

You are close and halfway there, but not completely. :wink:
Lady With The Spinning Head provided the starting point for The Fly and Ultra Violet (Light My Way), not for Until The End Of The World.

:)

The origins of Until The End Of The World are found in the Axtung Beibi out-take called I Feel Free.

Popmartijn said:

You are close and halfway there, but not completely. :wink:
Lady With The Spinning Head provided the starting point for The Fly and Ultra Violet (Light My Way), not for Until The End Of The World.

:)

Whoops! You're right. I really need to wait to start my Friday night drinking binge until after I've posted here. ;)

LoL. Very true... the "La, La, La, La... Lady with the spinning head" lyric/melody is similar to "Baby Baby Baby Light my Way" in Ultraviolet.

Awesome.

You can also hear the intro for Ultraviolet (different words, same melody) in the out-take, Take You Down. Take You Down became Lady With The Spinning Head.

In addition to the above, on my version of the One single, the song is titled Lady With The Spinning Head (UV1), which I've always thought to signify 'Ultra Violet 1'.

And in the remixed Lady with the Spinning Head, the middle eight serves as the intro for UltraViolet.

Somewhat off-topic, but someone else pointed out that on the outtakes, the opening of one of the "She's Gonna Blow Your House Down" sounds suspiciously similar to "All Because of You."

Funny how they manage to keep tabs on their old stuff...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom