Letter from Bono on U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Recovery has been more difficult than I thought... As I write this, it is not clear that I will ever play guitar again. The band have reminded me that neither they nor Western civilization are depending on this.

I personally would very much miss fingering the frets of my green Irish falcon or my (RED) Gretsch. Just for the pleasure, aside from writing tunes. But then does the Edge, or Jimmy Page, or any guitarist you know have a titanium elbow, as I do now? I'm all elbows, I am.

Poor Bono :(

Very interesting and good read. I read the entire thing and one (of several) things i noted was this:

The sound of a U2 audience is like the roar of a rocket launch. This time we wont be in space…this rocket is bringing us back to earth.

Hmmm...cool. Looking forward to wherever this takes us/them.

Also found the second image to be quite amusing:

batoz_b.jpg

This, along with the content of the letter, and me just being me, lead me to write a heartfelt response in the comments section. I have no idea what i wrote, but if you have ever read some of the meandering thoughts that i have written on here then you get the idea. I went and looked and they do not appear anywhere on there at the moment so who knows if they will ever see the light of day.

That said, the letter A-Z seemed to break down some barriers between Bono and the fans. Is that possible? Im sure it is. I might have been sleeping on the floor of their house with some percocets myself having read that.

Much respect and love
XO

I can't wait to read all of this. A little ways in and it's a really sweet, nice message. Much appreciated that he took out the time.

Nice letter, Im sure he get well soon.

Bono said:
At this time of year some people are reminded of the poetic as well as the historic truth that is the birth of Jesus.

No there isnt any evidence, wake up Bono...

They should pass out Jesus masks during the new tour like they did in 360.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

The fact that he used "L" to talk about Larry and his son instead is an even bigger slap in the face.
His whole relationship with Leo really resembles a bad bicycle crash. Poor kid.

If Bono plays guitar at all during the tour, I hope he gets a slow clap.

Possibly the greatest moment in U2.com's lifetime. It's so easy to engage your fans, use it more you lazy fuckers!

Great read, love hearing him open up about all sorts of different stuff. Glad they put this up!

On Christmas Eve, one of our classic rock stations does a Christmas with The Beatles broadcast complete with The Beatles' famous Christmas messages to their fans. I was envious, covetous, that as a U2 fan we haven't had such a gift.

Now we have and it was worth waiting for.

This man is such a deep soul, a great reflection of the best of us. He, they, are so much more than a band.

Rest, be well, sir. I hope to see you in all your rock star glory come summer.

:heart:

Back
Top Bottom