Let's Wager Some Money / First single release speculation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe it's a Doppelganger of Matt McGee.

fcbp.jpg

Vertigo was kind of leaked the same way on a Spanish station right?

Thanks for posting, this is part of the U2 fun. Being left in the dark then BOOM..the lights are on.

19 jan wwill be released the single according to a fan now in hanover quay speakin with adam ..i don't now if in shop or in the air .. :D

19 jan wwill be released the single according to a fan now in hanover quay speakin with adam ..i don't now if in shop or in the air .. :D

I would think the 19th would mean a CD in-shop release, since that is a Monday. Still thinking a radio release would be before that....

I think "confirmed rumor" would be the correct saying. It's still technically just hearsay without documentation.
If that date is right, I realllly hope its the CD release day so we get to hear sooner on the radio.

The forums links to Nuuk FM - which is a Radio station in Greenland, not Romania...
This has got to be fake, why would they get to play it first? In 2004, did the Croatian radio station announce that they would be playing Vertigo before they played it?

you mean like 99.9999% of the posts on this board?

Yes, but most posts don't claim the single date as fact based on what Adam told somebody hanging around outside the studio. If it's more official than that, I missed something.

I thought about sending an email to MM at @u2 and asking him if at least it was really him that posted on the other forum...likely not but maybe he can have the other forum ban this user from using his name (and posting false rumours)...will wait to see if he responds!

Matt replied to my email : he says it's not him...so case closed!

Matt replied to my email : he says it's not him...so case closed!

just got this email...

NO, THAT'S NOT ME/@U2
January 08, 2009
posted by: m2

Sorry to even have to do this, but some ________ (fill in the blank)
is posting messages on U2EastLink's forum under the name of "@U2/
MattMcGee." That person is not me, nor is it anyone from @U2. We have
no new information about when the single will premiere, but will
report it here when we do. Thx. Sorry. Now back to your regularly
scheduled programming.

m2
____________ _______
@U2
http://www.atu2. com

I would think if the actual CD single was coming out the 19th, we would have heard about it already. Unless, maybe it's released as a download single that day.

I would think if the actual CD single was coming out the 19th, we would have heard about it already. Unless, maybe it's released as a download single that day.

That happened with Vertigo. It hit iTunes 24 hours after it was cleared for airplay.

CD singles don't really make that much money anymore. The U.S. hasn't seen an official U2 single release since the Pop era. Getting the CD single out eventually has been the MO for a while. Release a track to radio, wait a few weeks, release the single, wait a few weeks, then release the album. The single and the physical single do not have to come out at the same time, and often do not. For example, Discotheque took forever to show up on shelves.

Sorry if I'm a little slow/lost, but is the date of the 19th confirmed for something (either single on radio or single in stores)?

Jan 16th.....3pm......I can't wait any longer!!!!!!! I've been waiting since 1991 for new U2 to sound like I think they're going to sound on this record.

Back
Top Bottom