Let's Speculate on Tour Schedules / U2 at Croke Next Year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would be REALLY shocked if Bono looked like Mick Jagger one day. The man is scary in his skinniness. Bono isn't built that way. It's unfair to compare them.

Mick's only in shape because he's skinny? Amy Winehouse must be super fit compared to a few yrs ago...

I'm pretty sure the comparison is based on a little more that, so it's not that unfair...

Well, knowing how some people on this site think about Bono's appearance and his "weight problems" I'm pretty sure it was indeed meant that way.

Well, knowing how some people on this site think about Bono's appearance and his "weight problems" I'm pretty sure it was indeed meant that way.

Well he doesn't exactly apply himself to physical fitness the way Jagger does - there's a reason Jagger is still able to do what he does at his age, and it's not about a quick pre tour workout schedule.

Une source proche du groupe aurait révélé que U2 était en train de planifier leur tournée, avec notamment 3 énormes concerts ? Croke Park l'été prochain pour marquer leur retour.

De plus, d'après certains de nos contacts, ils utiliseraient un concept scénique différent de ce qu'ils ont pu faire jusqu'? présent. Et des négociations seraient également en cours avec le Stade de France, pour plusieurs dates.

From U2achtung...anyone fluent in French ?

Well the first part quotes that news from that newspaper couple of days ago: 3 nights booked at Dublin's Croke Park...not really a surprise.

Une source proche du groupe aurait révélé que U2 était en train de planifier leur tournée, avec notamment 3 énormes concerts � Croke Park l'été prochain pour marquer leur retour.

De plus, d'après certains de nos contacts, ils utiliseraient un concept scénique différent de ce qu'ils ont pu faire jusqu'� présent. Et des négociations seraient également en cours avec le Stade de France, pour plusieurs dates.

From U2achtung...anyone fluent in French ?

U2 are actually setting up their Tour Schedule, an insider source said they planned 3 concerts in Croke Park next summer,

according to some contact (u2achtung's), the stage concept will be completly different from what they've done so far, negotiations are currently running for several nights at Stade de France in Paris

I don't think most of those peaple are serious, you know, just like the way people make fun of Bono's "Edge is on fire" etc... have faith in people, even here ;)

The tour should start here in South America... even if they screw up too much we won't care, and we'll be loud enough to not realize it :love:

U2 are actually setting up their Tour Schedule, an insider source said they planned 3 concerts in Croke Park next summer,

according to some contact (u2achtung's), the stage concept will be completly different from what they've done so far, negotiations are currently running for several nights at Stade de France in Paris

hmmmmmmmm....."stage concept will be completely different from what they've done so far..."

that sounds promising....anyone have ideas as to how this "stage concept" could turn out? Hopefully it's a breakthrough design a la ZooTV...that would rock. It seems like every article or piece of news about the new album/tour or U2 in general mentions something about change and how it's going to be different this time...this is a very good sign. :up:

:faint:
stade de france:hyper:

if you have more than a lot of bucks to spend on a u2 show, you can bid on Ebay for 2 VIP concerts tiks witch give you backstage access for one concert of your choice, during the forthcoming US tour....profits from the auction will go for a caritative initiative set by Bono's cousin Simon Hewson :

ebay link

U2 has sold more than 170 million albums worldwide and have won 22 Grammy Awards. This is your chance to win 2 exclusive and otherwise unobtainable VIP tickets and Backstage Hospitality passes to see U2 at any concert in the USA during their next World/US Tour (auction winner may choose to attend any location pending announcement of Tour Dates & Locations). The winner will be responsible for any travel & accommodation expenses to and from their concert of choice.

A St. Baldrick’s event organizer, Simon Hewson, is the cousin of Bono, lead singer and principal lyricist of U2.Simon is personally providing this incredible auction package as part of his Bethesda, MD St. Baldrick's event set for Sunday, September 14th at RiRa Irish Pub. Simon will personally attend along with the winner of the auction.

This is an opportunity to obtain U2 concert tickets that money can’t buy…literally! These special VIP tickets and Backstage Hospitality passes are usually reserved for celebrities and personal guests or family members of the band. Therefore, this is not only a once in a lifetime opportunity but is a wonderful way to benefit the St. Baldrick’s Foundation!

During the VIP hospitality, you may even meet and greet Bono and/or other U2 band members (Meet & Greet is subject to their schedule and availability at the chosen concert location and is not guaranteed).

stade de france....bring your binoculars.

please, NO Amsterdam Arena. Europe deserves arenas!
I think every sane person in the netherlands will agree as i said before.

But im sure they will choose the safe way because the arena has a roof so no chance of rain. But id rather get soaked in the rain and have a good sound then getting soaked with sweat and wondering what im hearing.

any guesses as to how much these went for? does anyone actually know? i guess the charity event was this past weekend. i love how they are very careful to tease you that you MIGHT be able to meet the boys but there are no guarantees you will shake the hand of anyone other than a roadie.

if you have more than a lot of bucks to spend on a u2 show, you can bid on Ebay for 2 VIP concerts tiks witch give you backstage access for one concert of your choice, during the forthcoming US tour....profits from the auction will go for a caritative initiative set by Bono's cousin Simon Hewson :

ebay link

any guesses as to how much these went for? does anyone actually know? i guess the charity event was this past weekend. i love how they are very careful to tease you that you MIGHT be able to meet the boys but there are no guarantees you will shake the hand of anyone other than a roadie.

I looked at it earlier and there were no bids on it yet.
Starting bid is $5000.00.
Bidding goes on till the 19th?

Oh and you get to go with (Bono's) cousin Simon. :wink:

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/sto...0DCC6B-6DC2-4ED7-BAE9-8E0D6896E6BA}&dist=hppr

Bring on the stadiums !
Save the arena's for Cliff richard and Barry Manilow.

Just read this article which claims the whole "3 nights at Croke Park next year" thing is only speculation, and that the band has in fact been in negotiations to play the new O2 arena. Something about it doesn't seem right. They can sell 250,000+ tickets in their hometown with ease and yet they want to play in a 13,000 seat arena next tour? I'm thinking that's not wise. Anyway here's the article

U2 O2 08 - Music, Entertainment - Herald.ie

It would make sense if they played 10 + shows at the 02 in London then stadiums for the rest of the UK and Europe.

Just read this article which claims the whole "3 nights at Croke Park next year" thing is only speculation, and that the band has in fact been in negotiations to play the new O2 arena. Something about it doesn't seem right. They can sell 250,000+ tickets in their hometown with ease and yet they want to play in a 13,000 seat arena next tour? I'm thinking that's not wise. Anyway here's the article

U2 O2 08 - Music, Entertainment - Herald.ie

Wow, how many times does the O2 Arena thing want to resurface? It's been cropping up every so often for well over a year now. I slammed it back in April in this article near the end of the second paragraph as a "wild rumour" (along with the Kunstmusuem Liechtenstein :laugh: ) and I doubt that status has changed.

Wow, how many times does the O2 Arena thing want to resurface? It's been cropping up every so often for well over a year now. I slammed it back in April in this article near the end of the second paragraph as a "wild rumour" (along with the Kunstmusuem Liechtenstein :laugh: ) and I doubt that status has changed.

O2 arena in Dublin Axver!

It's the Point; those rumours were for the O2 in England

I'd hate U2 if they played the Point/O2 here; 13,000 capacity they'd have to play 20+ nights there to meet demand

So this is what happens when you can't be arsed clicking on the link and think "same old, same old". :laugh:

Well, I think it's fairly safe to say U2 aren't about to play either O2 Arena in a terrible hurry.

If U2 play the inaugural concert at Dublin's O2 Arena, they will have to do it sometime later this year. Coldplay is scheduled to play there December 21st and 22nd. I don't know if any other concerts are scheduled there. But if U2 were to play the inaugural concert for that arena, it would be a one-off gig, not part of the upcoming tour.

right. that's what the article implied. but it means Dubliners might see the boys as a Christmas present.

Back
Top Bottom