"Leave us alone, we are in love!"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
miss-U2 said:
:hug: :hug: :hug:

i also wanted to say that i will never forget the people who helped me... i mean the people who took care of me... and i will give that back to you sooner than u think, and it will be huuuuuuuge for you :yes: :yes: believe me, you dream will come true!!!

I'm sure whatever you are planning it's going to be great., You are a box of surpirses, Em! You are one of the people I had most fun with in my whole life! :lol:

Good luck! :up:

YAY! That's the way, Emilie! :)
Don't let a few people get you down. It's obvious,
if anybody has followed your adventures here,
what the truth is about you meeting U2. :applaud: :wave:

maybe it is a bit too late but i just wanted to say how much i hate it if somebody is attacked for the most stupid of reasons. how can some people be so jealous and childish??
I don't know emily so well but she's just a great person, i can make that up from all her stories, and doing the most extraordinary things for all of us, waiting in the freezing cold and rain just to give some stuff...
I'm about the same age as emily and i also don't have any money and i would really like to meet the band once for i have also never seen a U2 concert, there are 2 concerts in Belgium and it's quite expensive.
so i have a very profound respect for emily and it's really nice to read all the support she gets from the people who know what she means for us!!
oh yeah btw if (that's the question) i have enough money from my job in the summer i might go to dublin somewhere in september(it's like my only chance to meet them), anybody interested to join me? my email is amelie_842002@yahoo.com

Emilie :hug: I agree with everybody. Don't ever let them get you down. What you do is great and you shouldn't be ashamed of it. We got blasted for going to the studio a lot too when we were living in Dublin but we were doing the same thing as you...taking friends who had just arrived for a visit, etc. But I just ignored them cos I knew I wasn't doing anything wrong. So whoever thinks that...just forget about them. :hug: I keep living my memories through your posts and pictures :)

Mullen-Girl said:
Emilie :hug: I agree with everybody. Don't ever let them get you down. What you do is great and you shouldn't be ashamed of it. We got blasted for going to the studio a lot too when we were living in Dublin but we were doing the same thing as you...taking friends who had just arrived for a visit, etc. But I just ignored them cos I knew I wasn't doing anything wrong. So whoever thinks that...just forget about them. :hug: I keep living my memories through your posts and pictures :)

That goes to show that all the bashing it's down to one simple thing: JEALOUSY.

I really don't know what to say - many people have part of the Truth in this thread. NO ONE has the complete answer.:yes:

I guess the important thing for those of us who have been blessed to have met U2 several times to think about in their own hearts is:
AM I USING THE BLESSING THAT I HAVE RECEIVED IN A POSITIVE(UNSELFISH) WAY OR AM I ACTUALLY USING MY BLESSING IN A NEGATIVE(SELF-SERVING) WAY?:scratch:

No one can answer that question for any of us but the individuals themselves. All I can offer is a basic law of karma (Bono could probably verify this): what goes around WILL come around, so we ALL have to make sure that we are PURE IN OUR INTENTIONS and TRULY HUMBLE about our experiences.

Otherwise, Life has a habit of pulling the rug out from under our feet.

I offer these thoughts with a clean mind and pure heart. Take care, everyone.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :wave: :up: :angel: :hug:

im glad that things are taking a turn towards the more positive now. emilie, i am glad to be hearing from you again on the thread and saying how you feel. i'm sorry if my wanting you to give something to the band made you feel used. im sure all the things coming in for you to deal with just made you feel like you were on overload.
i am thankful to emilie for any of you who have a problem with her. she made me feel a little more connected to the band when living on the west coast of the US it is hard to do. i also have never been able to see them live emilie. it would be a wonderful thing if maybe, just MAYBE i could get a ticket this nex tour. i live in a state where we dont get a lot of good concerts.
damn, i just wish we could ALL get along and not have the few negative people making everybody feel like crap

Don't ever give up em! Or let the one or two people affect you! We all stand behind you 100percent!!!!!!!! You are like me and others here I am sure who are sensitive to the feelings of others thats why we connect so easily with others and only want to do all they can to see others enjoy the experience of pure exhilaration of that moment in time when we get to realize our dreams. I hope that happens for me and so many others here but if it doesn't happen for me that's ok!

Just know this em: We love ya :love: and just are in complete awe that you do these things just for the sake of helping others and not for your own reasons.
Everyday I come here to read the threads and stories that you tell us and it just blows me away! I am so glad that you and others get these rare opportunities and have the kindness of heart to share them with us!

:hug: to ya em!

I just wanted to say that I LOVE reading the stories from the studio. I can't be there now and it's so cool to hear about other people's experiences and see their pictures. I love hearing what's going on from other people. I KNOW if I was actually near anyone from U2, I wouldn't be able to say anything or say anything. I ran away from Maeve Binchy (an Irish author I like) at a cafe in Dalkey last year, so I'm thinking there's a good chance I'd run away from Bono, too. These stories are probably be about as close as I'll be able to get.

Emilie, you are truly a good person for helping strangers from around the world like you do. Don't let the negative people upset you. :hug:

Last edited:
a sort of dumb/duh ? 4 u Seabird and one last consideration

hi SB,

here's the duh questoin.... the 'background'

I more often that not get to the internet cafe here in NYC somewhen between 9PM - even as late as 11PM {they close at 1AM} on occasion. This means I'm going in & out of stages of alet to less than alert. But I usually #don't imagine things people said #etc. This is especially so when I almost immediately start to think up a reply to a person in my mind, but won't complete the thots or have time to post back a more than short reply to that person that night.

SO did I imagine {it 's not totally out of the question my first time here, if I was in a more drowsy state:huh:} that you actually wrote a more detailed description of what happened to you in 2001 in that oh-too-painful-really-near-miss. If so Where.

I just went through all the pages in this thread and couldn't find it. I rechecked my own new thread and it wasn't thre either.

I knowyou might think I'm harping on this but....what I 'thought' I read by you in real detail was ##quite close to my own last experience##! I was like whaaaa??!! when I {thot} I read yours.

I haven't posted it yet because it is the last one {so far,I hope}, and it's the longest one to tell. I have a few short others first to finish up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

now, good {and trying so hard in the past} pleaban, for your further consideration......

My own feelings about meeting Bono are very similar to yours.
I probably started wanting to meet him, oh maybe 2-3years after you...around ?83/84. But I became very interested in the **band's approach to their music and performance from a pre-USA tour '80 interview in New York Rocker that ran later in may '81.

Had that interview been run in late 80, I might even have had the chance to look out for them at the places they ended up playing in NYC- Irving Plaza & the Mud Club back then. Places I'd aleady had been to since ?late '70's! :sad: :scream: But it didn't happen like that. The only other chance I had to see them upclose in '83 I had to forfeit for a kind of "if you don't show up we're not going to take you seriously" type "obligation' [not workor family related, but important at the time] I could have had the nerve to follow my r&r heart and taken the chance but didn't.

I want it to be personal [even in a bunch of fans] in that we see each other AND ***exchange some manner of words***, like you said {he knows}"it's me". Even if it's just a few words. It's my words to him and his words back to me . [or visa versa]

But *also for me*, I would have loved to have been able to complete in time a pakage to have sent to Em, before she left for France. Alot of other circumstances took some of that extra time away from me iinorder for me to 'do it right".

But it would have had a bunch of things some art & also interesting punk/new wave gifts {photos I took} for them from 'back in the day' in NYC that I thought they might enjoy. A letter to them in general, and some special notes to Bono & the Edge.

That experience of them at least getting something of myself word and my creative gifts would have been the second best thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
now the place is closing in 5 mins and don't have the time to tell you why I think you really should take the chance again.

so don't cha 'ignore' me :tsk: :) :hug: when i come back tomorrow {I hope} and tell you why.

anyway, I hope you will read it.

Last edited:
Schmeg said:
I ran away from Maeve Binchy (an Irish author I like) at a cafe in Dalkey last year, so I'm thinking there's a good chance I'd run away from Bono, too.

Well, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who runs away when meeting somebody I admire.

The first time I ran into Gavin outside Nude, I literally ran away from him! :lol:

Niamh_Saoirse said:
Well, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who runs away when meeting somebody I admire.

The first time I ran into Gavin outside Nude, I literally ran away from him! :lol:
:laugh: My friend will never stop making fun of me for it...someday we'll be 90 and she'll ask me if I remember the time we had to run from the cafe. What would I have said? I couldn't even remember the titles of any of her books! "Uhh...that one where they all learned Italian...and the stories were all separate but, like, together...that was great!"

Emilie -- You ROCK!

Unfortunately, sometimes people get jealous because of others' good luck. Don't let it get you down and keep doing what YOU want to do!

Enjoy your holiday in France!!!

:bono: Edgespet,Ramblin'rose&Seabird-I can Totally relate!!I am 40+ too, and I have been a fan since 1981-me, too-missed Opts. when I could have met them! I have seen them in concert lots-but never even been able to get close to them!! And, still I too, love all these stories & pics of meeting them! I know the hurt of past missing meeting them,too! And, still I hold out for that surprized meeting-someday! :wink: but I too, wonder if it happened-would I be able to say anything in that moment? How do you tell someone-what their music has meant to you for so long?:ohmy:

forbonou2 said:
:bono: Edgespet,Ramblin'rose&Seabird-I can Totally relate!!I am 40+ too, and I have been a fan since 1981-me, too-missed Opts. when I could have met them! I have seen them in concert lots-but never even been able to get close to them!!

That's me too, lots of concerts but no meetings :grumpy: I've been a fan since '83 and I'm 34.

And, still I too, love all these stories & pics of meeting them!

Sometimes these fan pics are the only ones we get in a Bono drought, and I can't live without seeing what his hair looks like at least once a month :tongue:

I know the hurt of past missing meeting them,too! And, still I hold out for that surprized meeting-someday! :wink: but I too, wonder if it happened-would I be able to say anything in that moment? How do you tell someone-what their music has meant to you for so long?:ohmy:

I know, I'm afraid I'd be in the 'get scared and run' bunch :uhoh:

I remember we kept on running into BP and like everytime he'd see us...he'd turn the other way LOL! He thought that we were following him but it ended up being that we just hung out in the same places. He's an odd little leprechaun lookin fella :D

He's one scary elf like dude all right :shifty: Remember that awful pink pic they used to have on the front page, pointy eared, bald, naked, bushy eyebrows? :scream: When people started making fun of it Chizip put it in his avatar and ThatGuy put it in his sig to annoy us :huh:

Mr_Leeeemmoooonnn :sexywink:

well, i'd like to send back all the autographs i got for people, so please, all of you who had not given me an envelope with ur address, send me an email or a PM with your address so that i can send your stuff :wink:

I just wanna say that I love reading the stories here about people meeting the band. I live so far away from Dublin that it's highly unlikely I'll ever get to meet any of U2; I'll probably never even get to go to a concert, which I'd like even more... But by reading these stories, I can really imagine how it would be to meet the band; I almost feel, through these accounts, that I have met the band. And I'd like to thank the people here for sharing their experiences. I hope that those who dream of meeting U2 get to do so; but I don't think that those who have already met them should stop going to the studio, or whatever. Emilie, you rock!

Ive been reading this thread, don't come on much cos I keep forgetting to, this is my third post. But I think this is really getting out of hand now, I was there with Bono's Tart (my sister) and our other friends when Adam was pushed against the wall. It was a very awkward situation and one that I will not want to see again. Emilie was brilliant that day, wanting everyone to see as much of the band as possible, but as the saying does go "when the going gets tough" , it was absolutely appalling the way this situation progressed. Bless him (Adam) super cool, but extremely pissed off at the end of it. BT and myself met some great people, if it wasn't for Emilie, Su, Louie (Bono called him Mr. Miami) and Noel (a local lad) I don't know what we would have done, they saved our sanity on the Tuesday, by the end of the day we were blessed with meeting Adam in a much calmer atmosphere (there were plenty of us there but it was really nice and calming) and the pictures prove it as he is smiling on EVERY ONE. The Wednesday was unbelieveable and to say there were at lease 20 of us it was brill. We do live in England so our opportunities of going across are limitless, but like BT said earlier, we all have families, jobs and children (not me), we do encourage fans who are there for the first time to get in there, don't be scared I say cos some people are, WE DO advise fans (because yes, we have met bono more than twice) on how to react when he arrives in his car, along with the others, so I do take offence at some of you who say we don't let the newbies in. Im not doing this reply to upset anyone, no way, but I do take offence when BT is indirectly accused of not helping others, that's my sister you are talking about. Im a bit younger than BT, but I have followed U2 since the first time I saw them live at LiveAid, so I am also a veteran (no I WONT give away her age, bless). I want this thread to calm down a touch. Im envious of Emilie living in the south of France, but good luck Emilie, you are so going to see him at some point in the summer hols. I think ive posted this before finishing it, so apologies if this goes on again.

The wedding card I was telling you about, hopefully I'll get a picture scanned of it and will try and post it or put it on u2chat.com, give me a bit of time as I am not used to putting stuff on like that.

Peace to all who are u2 fans.

Ahh Sweetie!!!
What a sis!!:wink:

YOU ARE COMING NOW ON THE 30TH ARENT YOU??
WHAT WILL I TELL BMAN WHEN ONE OF HIS HULL GIRLIES IS MISSING??????????????:wink: :wink:

Well said LL - its all got totally out of hand on here and it is just down to one thing ... jealousy. It would be wonderful if everyone could meet the guys, but unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world, although I realise that it is easy for me to say now after finally meeting Bono and Edge on that unforgettable Wednesday, something I really thought would never happen.

Talking of which LL and BT - where are your photos? I want to put them up on u2chat.com, people keep asking me why I haven't posted them.

And finally LL, I WILL see you on Wed 30 June - remember Wednesday is our lucky day so you have to be there!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom