"Leave us alone, we are in love!"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bono's Tart said:

I feel that I need to pick you up on a couple of points here as you cant have read the full posting.

Just because you go to Dublin does not mean that you will meet ANY of the band its pure luck and being in the right place at the right time. Why is it only one chance? What about going to a concert and waiting before and after to meet them? To be honest you have more chance then than in Dublin!!!

The person in question (who Emilie was speaking about)was AMERICAN and it was her who told the others not to tell the other fans who were arriving at the studios!! Not anyone from Ireland of England!! From what I know and what I saw the following week the first timers are much more "aggresive" getting what they want from the band!!

We certainly arent "aggresive" (and neither was Emilie or Sue )with anyone about meeting the band and I resent that remark. I personally waited 21 years to meet Bono and only started going over to Dublin 2 years ago, its not our fault that we live in the UK.

For once its the only thing regarding U2 that works in our favour as we get the shitty end of the stick when it comes to concerts with the amount we get compared to other countries.

Thanks to zsuzso for the link your pics are fab!!

I think you misunderstood too. I am fully aware of all the characters in the story. I am not taking up for Delphine. Even though I said I hated to see people who had come so far beaten out by regulars, and I mean that because I would, I also was knocking her(delphine) for lying, that is a low down thing to do to other fans! What I was saying was all u2 fans should work together, the ones who meet them over and over and over and over must be well known to the band by now and because of that they will recognize you and come to you first, ignoring unfamiliar faces. So that's why I say you veterans could help the newbies or once in a lifetimes by introducing them or encouraging them to come to the front for their moment, God knows you've had your share. By working together I also say a person who would lie to other fans is mean and not in the spirit of u2 at all!

You regulars make fun of the way some of the new people act but they don't intend to be that way they are only excited and desperate. You multi-meeters can tell them that is no way to act and how it scares the band away. Help them instead of posting negative comments about them on a website!

Those are the 2 things I have trouble with. But I don't think everybody has an equal chance to meet the band because once you have been there so many times you know all the ins and outs and dos and don'ts and the band knows you better so you are at a much bigger advantage. I disagree that meeting them on tour is better because I went to 11 shows before and after and never met them. Haunting the studio looks like the way to go but I have a job and the life I have here prevents me from world travel. Next time you see an American girl who has spent her life savings for one chance please help her out, that will make a good story to tell here too.

I have one question in exit here and I hope I don't anger too many people. This is an honest question. How many times do you have to meet the band? If I met them once that would be cool for me and I'd leave them alone. Why is it so important to keep on meeting them and how much will be enough if ever?:|

Last edited:
Wild Angel said:

So that's why I say you veterans could help the newbies or once in a lifetimes by introducing them or encouraging them to come to the front for their moment

Emilie has done that (I remember her and Flavia meeting Bono and how Emilie helped Flavia :) ) and said she would be happy to help a person meet them, that it makes her happy to see a fan's face light up when they meet one of the guys :hug: She's been kind enough to offer to help me if I ever get to go :)

Last edited:
I agree Emilie has done that on numerous occasions.

Those people who acted like idiots had been advised how to act but chose to ignore it. And will in the end spoil it for everyone be it at Hanover Quay or at the concerts.
Its up to the band if they stop and talk to you no one else.

I'm certainly not on first name terms with any of U2 so where you've got that from I dont know!! Maybe Emilie but shes the only one. Emilie has hepled loads of people meet the band and we have always shared information with any fan who we have met.

You have a long way to go if you have only tried after/before 11 concerts its not your or anyone elses divine right to meet any of the band.

We also have a life and job and families but we save up to go not that I have to justify my actions to you or anyone else for that matter.
I dont know where you are from but if its from America then you'll have more chances than anyone to meet them on tour next year when they do their usual 60 shows!!!!

I hope you do get your one meeting and that you will be happy with it, but I cant see you only wanting to meet Bono once!!

This is boiling down to one thing and one thing only JEALOUSY!!

Yes, it shouldn't be a competition between the regulars and first timers, or keeping track of how many times someone has met the band. What I've always liked about this forum is reading everyone's story :)
Reading back through the band meetings & sightings forum, the stories are so cute, touching, fun, and heartwarming :heart:

like this one
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60722&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

so :cute: , I'd never read that one before :cute:

Last edited:
thank you szuszo for the pictures, i enjoyed watching them. this is an experience that you won't forget easily.
and emilie, can i also take a look at your snapfish album, please?
(i just can't get enough of the b-man:drool: )

szuszo,I still haven't found what I'm looking for - your snapfish pics!:wink:

I would hope I'm included in this parade of people who are asking for access to your pics.

My email again is:

iris_lotus_blossom@hotmail.com

WE'RE ONE, BUT WE'RE NOT THE SAME. WE GET TO CARRY EACH OTHER.:yes: :up: :hug: :love:

kellyahern said:
Yes, it shouldn't be a competition between the regulars and first timers, or keeping track of how many times someone has met the band. What I've always liked about this forum is reading everyone's story :)
Reading back through the band meetings & sightings forum, the stories are so cute, touching, fun, and heartwarming :heart:

like this one
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60722&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

so :cute: , I'd never read that one before :cute:

Kelly, thanks for posting the link to that thread. I wish all the posts in this folder were like this one. These are the kind of stories we need. Stories that make you laugh, smile, feel happy. NOt stories about jealousy,hypocresy,madness....

kellyahern said:

Emilie has done that (I remember her and Flavia meeting Bono and how Emilie helped Flavia :) ) and said she would be happy to help a person meet them, that it makes her happy to see a fan's face light up when they meet one of the guys :hug: She's been kind enough to offer to help me if I ever get to go :)

That's true. Emilie was very supportive and a good friend all the times we went to the studio. I was very nervous and she was just great! She just told me to realx, that I was going to make one of biggest dreams come true. I couldn't possibly say anything bad about her.

And I know she's been the same with loads of different people.

Wild Angel said:

I think you misunderstood too. I am fully aware of all the characters in the story. I am not taking up for Delphine. Even though I said I hated to see people who had come so far beaten out by regulars, and I mean that because I would, I also was knocking her(delphine) for lying, that is a low down thing to do to other fans! What I was saying was all u2 fans should work together, the ones who meet them over and over and over and over must be well known to the band by now and because of that they will recognize you and come to you first, ignoring unfamiliar faces. So that's why I say you veterans could help the newbies or once in a lifetimes by introducing them or encouraging them to come to the front for their moment, God knows you've had your share. By working together I also say a person who would lie to other fans is mean and not in the spirit of u2 at all!

You regulars make fun of the way some of the new people act but they don't intend to be that way they are only excited and desperate. You multi-meeters can tell them that is no way to act and how it scares the band away. Help them instead of posting negative comments about them on a website!

Those are the 2 things I have trouble with. But I don't think everybody has an equal chance to meet the band because once you have been there so many times you know all the ins and outs and dos and don'ts and the band knows you better so you are at a much bigger advantage. I disagree that meeting them on tour is better because I went to 11 shows before and after and never met them. Haunting the studio looks like the way to go but I have a job and the life I have here prevents me from world travel. Next time you see an American girl who has spent her life savings for one chance please help her out, that will make a good story to tell here too.

I have one question in exit here and I hope I don't anger too many people. This is an honest question. How many times do you have to meet the band? If I met them once that would be cool for me and I'd leave them alone. Why is it so important to keep on meeting them and how much will be enough if ever?:|

First of all, "fully aware" of what happened are only the people that were actually present at the studios (not eveything that was going on was posted here!!).

Sorry, but it seems like you don't get what this is all about....
It isn't about newbies against veterans (to use your words) but about common sense and respect for other people, U2 as well as other fans.

There is no excuse for chasing members of U2 in their cars when they pass by, or pushing on of them against a wall to get an autograph or throwing yourself into a car window if one of them stops.
There is no excuse for lying to other fans or pushing them around.

I met U2 for the first time last week and even if I was very excited about meeting them I didn't need any veterans to tell me how to act.
There are no mysterious do's or don'ts when trying to meet them! Just treat them like you would want to be treated in their place.
I can ensure you that U2 treat all their fans equally they make no difference between newbies and veterans. They don't ignore unfamiliar faces at all! I have to say that you seem to have a very low opinion on how U2 treats their fans :eyebrow:....
Sure, if you've meet them before they might remember you for one or another reason :laugh: but that's all.

If meeting them once would be enough for you, that's fine but let others, who enjoy meeting them as often as possible have their fun too!
And believe it or not, but we all have our jobs, families, and responsiblities.

:applaud: well said, bono's tart :applaud:

Last edited:
*Looks around cautiously-tries to avoid stepping into the middle of a big ole tiff :yikes:*

Just wanted to say thank you again, Emilie! I can't tell you how thrilled I am & how much it means to me that you were able to get the others' signatures for me too! :bow: :hug:

I'm glad that you got to see the guys again before you had to go back to France...enjoy your summer, by the way :)...and I'm sorry it ended on a negative note for you & the others.

Against my better judgement, I'm going to throw my two (American) cents worth in here. As a pushing-40 single mom, I realize that my chances of ever making it to Dublin are about as good as me making it to the moon. That's something I regret, but it's the way my life is & I don't have a problem with it. What I would like to say is that Emilie has already given me more than I ever dreamed was possible for me...U2 autographs. (yes, it doesn't take a lot to make me happy-:huh: ). Seeing my name written in their handwriting, knowing that they held the same piece of paper, etc. is closer than I ever thought i would be able to get...that sounds rather pathetic of me, doesn't it?? :lol: Anyway, my (long & rambling) point is that Emilie, you really have made my dreams come true (ok, except for certain x-rated dreams about various members of the band :reject: ) and I appreciate it more than you'll ever know. Again, thank you for everything you've done! :hug:

*ducks quickly out of thread & goes back to PLEBA to look at more BabyLarry pics :drool: *

Last edited:
As a 40+ Mom who has less chance of making it to Dublin than Edgespet, and a fan of 23 years of chasing Bono unsuccessfully, I realized back in 2001 it was a dream I was going to have to give up so it could stop hurting. It was something that meant a lot to me and I had to keep trying. The last time I missed out, in Atlanta on the last leg of the Elevation tour, I literally broke down in my hotel lobby and cried my heart out. I know most of you here can understand that, since you've all either met him, or haven't tried, or it's not important to you. But it was to me.

I'm not going to try anymore, I never get to them, something always goes wrong. It's a curse. But I don't want anyone getting any autographs for me just like I don't want to buy someone else's on ebay. If I can't meet him in person and look in his eyes and know that when he's signing my name he knows who I am, it would mean nothing. I've been chasing Bono longer than most of you have been alive, and I have nothing. It gets me down sometimes, and has taken away some of the good memories of the concerts I saw. It comes up sometimes when I read stuff like this, that like it was Dan Marino's destiny never to win a Super Bowl, I will never touch Bono, never talk to him, never look into his eyes. I don't want anyone to do it for me. If that works for some of you that's fine, we all have different feelings.

I still love seeing everybody's pics, and all the pics on PLEBA.

I'd ask for the link but since you girls use snapfish there isn't any reason to, snapfish doesn't work on my computer. My daughter uploaded some pics of herself there and she could only get the thumbs to show up. I did see the ones in the links to Bono's Tart and Mr. Lemon's sites:)

Last edited:
Seabird said:
I'm not going to try anymore, I never get to them, something always goes wrong. It's a curse.

I understand how you feel because I also have been chasing them down for over 20 years (am also 40+). When it probably would have been easier ('81/'82) I really didn't try and by '87 it just got harder to get close. I finally got close in 2001 before the Austin concert, but I guess I wasn't prepared for it and just managed to get a handshake out. Bono was probably less then 12 inches from me (no one in between) looked me straight in the eye (I guess waiting for me so say something) and I went blank. He shook my hand and moved to the next person. I went to Dublin in 2002 and guess what during the week I was there Bono was in the U.S. (I could probably tell you about 20 other tries.)

The only thing I want to say to you though, is don't give up. There is always next year. This could be the one!

Seabird, Edgespet and R Rose,
I completely understand how you all feel. Me too i'd love to meet them but don't have the chance to stake out at studios or concert venues. But don't let it get you down, because after all it's just a moment in time. Ok it's a moment to cherish but then I think of other important ppl in my life, like my family and then I can let go.
And maybe one day it might happen after all, maybe when i would least expect it and that would be great but it shouldn't become an obsession.
I think that's what is the scary part about fandome, how far would you take it?
Think about a person closer to home that is just even a little more important than your idol.

(didn't mean to preach though,sorry if i sounded like that:ohmy: )

ramblin rose said:

(I could probably tell you about 20 other tries.)

Oh, me too. I've been looked at by Bono, even interacted with him at a concert, I've even gotten my hands on him when he jumped into the crowd. But I've never met him on a personal basis. I have at least 20 stories of "tries" too but they are too frustrating to get into:grumpy: I also didn't try in the earliest days. It was harder in '87 and harder in '92. I tried my hardest in 2001, pumped up by all the meeting stories I read on the internet. Getting my hopes up and holding onto the dream was the worst thing to do.

The only thing I want to say to you though, is don't give up. There is always next year. This could be the one!

I can't do it anymore. But I do wish you luck:hug:

originally posted by greety
And maybe one day it might happen after all, maybe when i would least expect it and that would be great

You know, I'd rather have it that way, a lucky chance meeting. If that does happen, it would be the coolest thing ever. But I'm not going Bono hunting anymore:(

okay, i think i need to tell a few things.... that' certainly gonna be my last post in this thread!

first of all, you need to know that if i can to the studios so many times it was not particularly for me! i DON'T have MONEY, is that clear in your mind?? i have big money problems, i couldnot buy a plane ticket to go back in france, my mum had to come by boat to pick me up with the car!!! but as i know how lucky i am to live in ireland, i had to do something and take the oppurtinity of being there just because i know that sooo many of you would like to meet them once. so i went there, it always cost me lots of money and time, and i waited 15hours every day in the freezing cold, hoping to give the stuff you sent me to them, and to gave the impression you were meeting them through me!! and every time a new fan was going there, i wanted to be there to help that person and to see that person happy!! i wanted to help fans have a cool meeting, i thought i pushed people to have their pics taken and stuff signed, but maybe i didnot... u were not there but u know that better than me!
i am not that kind of person who goes there every day, just to see them and that's all!! i have a life you know!!! if i went there, it was to in purpose!! every time i was at the studios, i left like shit, cos i knew it was not my place!! but on another hand i just had to think about you guys, and i was sure i couldnot stay in galway, studying and that's all!

so if anyone has a problem with that, it's perfect, cos it is over!!!

then, if some people think that nothing is forbidden at the studios, that fans can do whatever they want, perfect!!! but they won't have the meeting they wanted to have! we have to stop thinking that they are here for us!! they are working there and they do what they want! that's not their job to come to meet us, they stop if they want to!! and we have to respect that!! and if they do so, we have to understand that they might not be as we wanted them to be! they can be tired and in a hurry!!!

and i would like to add that i don't particularly go to the studios because they are there and cos i want to meet them! before i started giving your stuff, i used to go there when they were NOT inside!! just because i loved that place, espacially in the week-end where there's no truck! we used to go there with my friends and dance all the day and night on U2!!!
so i am not chasing them! when i go to the studios, i am having fun! if they are here that's great if they are not, never mind!

i have enough of being the kind Emilie, okay?? i have enough! i am losing my nerves!!!! everything i do is wrong! so now, maybe if i become a less nice person, if i don't let anybody use me, if i don't let anybody take advantage of me like people are doing to Adam, maybe i will do stuff right!

i have never been to a U2 concert, NEVER! tickets here are hell!! for the elevation tour, they did 2 concerts in france!! TWO!!!! that's my dream to be born earlier, to be a fan earlier and to go to all the concert!!! as the contrary to u, that dream could never be true!!! NEVER!! that's why i wanted to help fans realise their dream of meeting the band. cos that's still realisable!! that's a dream that you can reach!! but now, i am tired of doing that... i'd love everyone to meet them like i did, in a nice and cool meeting...
Su met Adam the first time when he was pushed against the wall, but she stayed with me, she stayed with ME, far away, she was scared and sad!! so i hope that if u meet that in dublin or after a concert, nobody will hurt you or them!! from now on, i don't care anymore....

sorry about that :sad:maybe i am doing wrong again posting that, but at least i feel better now!

good for you Emilie for saying what you feel , and for that I will tell you my thoughts and quickely jump back . I know there are lots and lots fo people who want to and have never met or may never meet the band for many many reason's and it sucks that ever who wants to can't . It might be hard when you havent wanted this or anything for as long as you remember. It's not the fault or the repsonsibility of another person to make sure we might meet them, but Emilie has gone out of her way and i know this given up things to make sure things fans sent her go to the band because she didnt want to let anybody down.. spending her own money and waiting in the cold whatever you might think of everything else that is to be thanked, she didnt have to do it and she did.. I dont know what goes on at the studios and I havent been a "Fan" as long as many people here but what I do think is that being a fan or meeting the band or being at the studios.. well there are very few things in life worth fighting over and as great as U2 are it should be about something that unites instead of divides or makes us jealous or upsets us.. I guess because I think of meeting the band as an added bonus that may well never happen I am just glad to be a small part of it and yes if I have to live vicariously through others and at the end of the day I'm not owed anything but am sure happy for what I've been given as little as it might seem to be.. So Emilie don't put down what you have done because it is very huge thing and a very great thing for you to have done.. not that many people would have done it so thank you, as long as you know why and are honest about why you did it, then weither people believe you or not does not really matter.life is so much bigger .cheers

Emilie, nothing I said was against you, it was just another point of view from a fan with different experiences. I did say I didn't want anyone getting my autographs for me because if it was not personal it would not mean anything to me. But that is just how I feel, if other people want to get them that way, good for them. It is nice of you to do it. You have gone out of your way to be so nice to the girls here. You are our PLEBA ambassador, and don't you ever retire! :) :hug:

Last edited:
Read your post, Emilie, and just had to reply. :)
I've followed your adventures meeting the band.
In every instance, you're meeting U2 to give them stuff
from other fans.
A few jealous people then decide to fault you which
makes no sense whatsoever.
This thread is like the proverbial "beating a dead horse." LOL!
Anyways, don't let a few jealous people get you down.
I'm positive most, if not all, know you meet U2 not out of
gain for yourself, but to help other fans that can't meet them
give U2 stuff.
And if in return U2 like your company, that's an added bonus.
It's not like you had an ulterior motive to meet Bono or Adam, etc
just for yourself and "hog them." That claim is ridiculous!
Can't understand why some, a small minority, get so jealous
beacuse you do have this talent to meet the band.
Anyways, "don't let the b*****s grind you down"
:) :)
And I agree too, you're a great ambassador for PLEBA.

Last edited:
Em, i wish I was there to give you a hug right now. I know it hurts when you read bad/unfair things about yourself.

You just can't let those comments get you. You know yourself: you know you are strong, loving, caring, good fun, and that all the things you've done so far are just a big example of how nice you areand how much you care about us, especially those who haven't got the chance to meet the band.

So Eme, don't let these comments ruin all the fun and meetings you have experienced so far. Think about all the good times ahead and the nice people you are about to meet.

I can't wait to see you again in September! :hug:

seabird, don't worry, i didnot take your message badly don't worry, i totally agree with you :yes:

i just couldnot take it anymore, reading all of this and knowing what's happening at HQ... i had to say something!

flavia i can't wait to meet you again :hyper:

anyway, so as i don't have to let the b******s grind me down, i just wanted to say thank you!!! :hug: thank you for trusting me, thank you for believing in me, thank you for sending me your stuff and thank you for being so nice :heart:
and i want to say to the other people who just don't get it: keep going that way, that's your problem, you will never get anybody down :madspit: i even have pity for you! "la bave du crapaud n'atteind pas la blanche colombe!":lol:

Last edited:
Emilie I think what you do for everyone is great. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise or try to drag you down for going to the studio. There's no way I'm going to be able to go to Dublin anytime soon so I've really enjoyed your stories and pictures.

:hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

i also wanted to say that i will never forget the people who helped me... i mean the people who took care of me... and i will give that back to you sooner than u think, and it will be huuuuuuuge for you :yes: :yes: believe me, you dream will come true!!!

bonosloveslave said:
Emilie - please don't forget that I am forever grateful for my wonderful pic, I don't think I would have ever gotten it if it wasn't for you :heart:

Aww, the "CAT BAT" , that was great :cute:

and also because of Emilie, the adventures of dude pen had a happy ending :) I would still feel bad about that and souly's note if it wasn't for Emilie delivering them :hug:

Emilie,

Don't let anyone stop you from doing what you want to do. I hope you weren't offended by anything I posted. I never slashed you for going to the studios, I'd wish I could go there and preferably with someone like you there to encourage me.:yes:

So don't leave us please or deprive us of your wonderful :hug:stories:hug: :hug: :hug:

Keep on doing what you do Emilie and good luck with your business!! :yes: :hug:

I'll be back in Dublin in 3 weeks and I'm taking my 7 year old daughter down to the studios as she wants to see Bono!! :wink:

So if a couple of people on here have a problem with that tough shit!!!:tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom