LA's The Joshua Tree - July 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr. BAW said:
We'll go but we can't commit to what dates...the fairgrounds are basically around the block from us and we have some traveling to between now and then........

next week Tucson, AZ for my 54th...why Tucson? its my family's roots..gotta go back and see what I missed by growing up in the South Bay..

Yes, we will see JT in Pomona.

Well happy 54th Mr BAW! Have fun in Tucson, I love the desert. Lucky you living so close to the Fairgrounds. Wish the boys were playing the SD County Fair cuz then I could say it's close to me!

:rockon:

RedrocksU2 said:
Thanks Kren! I'll take that.

hey, a question about the next gig....

How was that venue to play, how was the sound?

So far, for me.........Vertigo's set the bar way high.

as far as soundsystem and pro sound guy goes....Vertigo's tops it....so far.
But HArry O's is not bad in the sound department, the stage is rather small and all you lovely people can get really close, so its an intimate setting compared to say 14 below or some bigger clubs.

But hands down Harry O's tops it when it comes to atmosphere/vibe, all the staff and management are way cool and the crowds have always been good there....hey it's an Irish pub.....kinda fits ya know?
It's always a pleasure playing there.
Parking is often a challenge....so I do highly recomend arriving early.

Last edited:
Mr. BAW said:
We'll go but we can't commit to what dates...the fairgrounds are basically around the block from us and we have some traveling to between now and then........

next week Tucson, AZ for my 54th...why Tucson? its my family's roots..gotta go back and see what I missed by growing up in the South Bay..

Yes, we will see JT in Pomona.

54??

BAW, you dont look a day over 30, ok 52.
But Superheros never grow older. So you have nothing to worry about.

Except maybe someone seeing you in tights.
:ohmy:

RedrocksU2 said:
....do them use a fog machine there?:reject:

no, Harry O's does not have or use a fog machine...................but for $50 and a few beers we could get fog machine guy to show up! :lmao:

Ive got it!!!! I'll be bubble machine guy!! and they will burst and make your drinks taste like soap, and they will blind the band when they pop in their eyes!!!!!

DeadMansParty said:
Ive got it!!!! I'll be bubble machine guy!! and they will burst and make your drinks taste like soap, and they will blind the band when they pop in their eyes!!!!!

:lmao: Hasn't that one already been done? Wasn't it Don Ho? That Tiny Bubbles song..... :crazy: They DO make edible bubble juice tho, I have some cherry flavored :shh:

I really have nothing to say, just trying to get some more action on this topic. ummmmmm, .oh yeah, I had to cut my friggin hair, I look like a good little boy now, but hopefully not for long.

DeadMansParty said:
I really have nothing to say, just trying to get some more action on this topic. ummmmmm, .oh yeah, I had to cut my friggin hair, I look like a good little boy now, but hopefully not for long.

Ohhhhhh NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Why? No more spikes? That blows, sorry to hear that. Your hair was easy to spot and sort of your trademark! :shocked:

OMG I had the BEST day today! Not only is it virtual Friday for me but I happened to answer the phone to some most excellent conversation and I really couldn't be happier right now. :love: :giggle: :dancing:

Carek1230 said:

OMG Carlos I laffed so loud everyone in the office looked at me. That's a good one! Maybe we should all show up with these?!!!

That mask would have came in handy in the motel room we all stayed in.

Celticfc said:

That mask would have came in handy in the motel room we all stayed in.

Hahahahaha :lmao: :lmao: what a night you guys had, I remember the hilarious posts the following day. Hey! I'll
bet that room was filled with some kind of funky fog too!

agentmissa said:
:mad: your not going? your advoiding me aren't you? fine be that way.

Yeah, Redrocks, be that way! What Missa said!

(pssstt.....don't alienate the Missinator-she will
hunt you down at a future date and run over your feet
and lemme tell ya, that HURTS like a MOFO!) :yikes:
Ask BAW, he knows!

Back
Top Bottom