Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein, Vaduz, Liechtenstein Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, there's a line in Winter that's "looking at the bruised", but - probably due to the shit quality of the rip - I hear it as "looking at the Bruced", which just makes me think of Ashley and her Bruce Springsteen Concert Force ...

OK, there's a line in Winter that's "looking at the bruised", but - probably due to the shit quality of the rip - I hear it as "looking at the Bruced", which just makes me think of Ashley and her Bruce Springsteen Concert Force ...
dude, when did the u2gigs.com layout change? i clicked on that link and everything looks different. i'm assuming it's due to the new colour scheme for nloth? whatever the reason, it looks awesome! :love:

Kunstmuseum anniversary? What a show that was :hyper:

I was there :rockon: Can't remember the set, but there were lots of snippets :lol:

Hardy!

Haha, there were actually more snippets in the original set but I forgot to include some of them as I sent the set out ...

dude, when did the u2gigs.com layout change? i clicked on that link and everything looks different. i'm assuming it's due to the new colour scheme for nloth? whatever the reason, it looks awesome! :love:

Wow, you, out of the loop? Anybody'd think you've had a good distraction all month! We decided it was about bloody time we revitalised the site and got rid of HTDAAB-era design remnants and things.

U2gigs.com - The new U2gigs.com - timestamp indicates we've had the new site up nearly three weeks.

Wow, you, out of the loop? Anybody'd think you've had a good distraction all month! We decided it was about bloody time we revitalised the site and got rid of HTDAAB-era design remnants and things.

U2gigs.com - The new U2gigs.com - timestamp indicates we've had the new site up nearly three weeks.

:reject: I didn't even notice...

I can see you guys on the list of HTTP referers. :shifty:

I love seeing "Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein, Vaduz, Liechtenstein Superthread" on that list.

:sigh: ian just called me, his flight's about to board. :sigh:

this sucks, Khan. But it's nice to hear you guys are sad to see each other go :wink: I mean, it's too bad he has to leave, but you could have been at home going :yippie: :wink:

I remember at the Kunstmuseum show, one fan, I think his name was Rob, tried to get up on the stage and caused a big commotion :wave:

:hug:

It'll be June before you know it. If you have other little milestones along the way, it'll feel like the time's passing even quicker too.
:hug: aww, thanks. and true. it just sucks that i can't even leave the house and try to distract myself with something. though that's mostly my fault. (i went to the eye doctor last week and my prescription's slightly changed, so i sent my glasses in today because i think the eye strain is causing some of my migraines, or at least exacerbating it.) so right now i can wear old glasses that make my eyes hurt or sunglasses. lmao. i look like a fucking tool right now.

this sucks, Khan. But it's nice to hear you guys are sad to see each other go :wink: I mean, it's too bad he has to leave, but you could have been at home going :yippie: :wink:

I remember at the Kunstmuseum show, one fan, I think his name was Rob, tried to get up on the stage and caused a big commotion :wave:
:lol: this is true!

hahaha, you're right!

:lol:
I reckon it looks much nicer after the changes :up:

Glad you and Khan like the redesign. Matthias and I were so keen on it that we'd been using the test site for browsing for at least a week before sending it live. Matt said he could've spent the rest of February tweaking the code and being a perfectionist about it, but he liked it enough that we agreed we should send it live as soon as possible. So we got it up in time for the Grammys.

Can you believe some people tried to say it wasn't really happening? :tsk:

Glad you and Khan like the redesign. Matthias and I were so keen on it that we'd been using the test site for browsing for at least a week before sending it live. Matt said he could've spent the rest of February tweaking the code and being a perfectionist about it, but he liked it enough that we agreed we should send it live as soon as possible. So we got it up in time for the Grammys.
:doh: now i remember you talking about it, because i believe you said something about when u2.com took the whole site down to change everything up. or something. i don't know :lol:

[fail, forgot to quote Khan]

:hug: Aww, I know how much it sucks to have someone leave. But like Ax said, time will fly by! Are you coming to NZ in June or is Ian going back over there?
:lol:

:hug: thanks. as long as everything works out with money and such, i'll be coming to nz :drool:

:hug: aww, thanks. and true. it just sucks that i can't even leave the house and try to distract myself with something. though that's mostly my fault. (i went to the eye doctor last week and my prescription's slightly changed, so i sent my glasses in today because i think the eye strain is causing some of my migraines, or at least exacerbating it.) so right now i can wear old glasses that make my eyes hurt or sunglasses. lmao. i look like a fucking tool right now.

Getting new glasses for me is going to be an adventure, whenever I get around to it. :crack:

It's a shame you can't try to distract yourself, but then again, part of me thinks it might actually be a good thing you have to face it and deal with it. It's unpleasant but it gets it out of your system and might help you cope better with things that remind you of Ian being around. If you try to dodge it, something might crop up in a week or two that hurts even more. It was amazing all the unexpected little things that made me think of Kate and vice versa.

:doh: now i remember you talking about it, because i believe you said something about when u2.com took the whole site down to change everything up. or something. i don't know :lol:

:laugh: Yeah, I can't believe it took U2.com HOURS. We had the new U2gigs set and ready to go on the backend. Matt simply put up a brief notice saying the site will be offline for a few minutes, then copied all the code to the relevant places, ran a couple of tests to make sure it worked properly, and gave me time to post my two new articles before sending it live. It was down so briefly that probably only five people even noticed it was offline at all.

Getting new glasses for me is going to be an adventure, whenever I get around to it. :crack:

It's a shame you can't try to distract yourself, but then again, part of me thinks it might actually be a good thing you have to face it and deal with it. It's unpleasant but it gets it out of your system and might help you cope better with things that remind you of Ian being around. If you try to dodge it, something might crop up in a week or two that hurts even more. It was amazing all the unexpected little things that made me think of Kate and vice versa.
ooh, how badly has your prescription changed? mine didn't change a lot; one eye got a tad bit better, one got a little worse. he said i only needed new lenses if it was causing eye strain and after the migraine i got yesterday and noticing it was indeed behind my eyes, i figured i might as well get new lenses.

oh yeah, it'll be better for me in the long run to just deal with it now than to just try to ignore it. i doubt it'll work out this way, but in the future it might make things easier since i've already been through it once. i know it'll be just as hard when i leave nz this summer (or i suppose i should say winter since that's what it'll be down there then but since it's winter here right now it seems odd to say it, as awkward as this all sounds) but at least i know i can make it through this okay. and yeah, it is weird what random things remind me of him. though i suppose it didn't help that i put on the warriors jersey he gave me :shifty:

:laugh: Yeah, I can't believe it took U2.com HOURS. We had the new U2gigs set and ready to go on the backend. Matt simply put up a brief notice saying the site will be offline for a few minutes, then copied all the code to the relevant places, ran a couple of tests to make sure it worked properly, and gave me time to post my two new articles before sending it live. It was down so briefly that probably only five people even noticed it was offline at all.
yeah, that was just ridiculous of them to do that. you mean to tell me they don't have the money to have a test server? wtf. i mean, i just have my two ghetto sites so it's not like i know what running a decently done site's like, but i don't see why it wasn't just a matter of moving the new files to the live server or whatever. don't even get me started on them erasing all data on the forums!

:wave:fly by post to say that i have the new cd on at work and the peeps seem to be liking it heaps, yay.

Awesome. :up:

I'm about to go bake some muffins, so I hope somebody else is ready to handle the new thread ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom