Kitchen Nightmares

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cruzila said:
It pained me to see Pete berate his waitress like that and act unprofessional infront of his customers.

Next weeks kitchen looks naaaaasty! buggies! :barf: I mean, I know that they are everywhere, but the previews of that kitchen were ick!

Most likely Im going to have to work:mad: gonna have to tape it!

:hmm: gonna have to ask for Wednesdays off Ive Got Top Model to watch at 8pm and Kitchen Nightmares at 9pm

I think I probably like Hell's Kitchen better, but anything with Gordon in it will make me watch. :yes:

I was talking to an executive chef recently and he was bursting my bubble, telling me that all that stuff is obviously planted in those restaurants to make the show and that there is no way restaurants could look like that, with the health inspections etc. Meh I dont know, the bugs looked pretty real to me and I think difficult to stage.

Yeah Hell's Kitchen started in the UK but Gordon was trying to teach relatively minor celebrities how to cook in that one rather than members of the public. He only did the one season and other master chefs have taken over since.

The most recent one only finished a couple of days ago and had Marco Pierre White as the head chef. He used to employ Gordon and one evening after a particuarly fraught service he, unbelievably, managed to reduce Gordon to tears :shocked:
In the show Pierre White rarely if ever lost his temper but he was certainly quite an intimdating presence.

Anyway the 3 seasons of Hell's Kitchen USA are all great fun, really compelling to watch, I think Gordons even more explosive in this series than he was in the UK version and he was pretty volatile in that one. His assortment of one-liners and put-downs are hilarious, he's definitely the pivot point around which everything else revolves. You can see how much his trainee chefs want to please him and how much his praise means to them. His promise to Julia the waffle house cook that he would pay for her to go to culinary school was very moving. You can tell how much he really cares deep down.

Oh and Kitchen Nightmares is great too, and I think although certain things are embellished, (for watchability reasons if nothing else) I think that executive chef would be surprised at just how bad the hygiene levels are at certain places. I have a feeling it's much closer to reality than anyone would like to think.

I think the bill collector arriving during dinner service was a bit planted :ohmy: but the look on the chef's face while Gordon was berating Peter seemed genuine! :wink:

Peters

will go back down the toilet
because of Peter.

If the family is lucky
the loan sharks will disappear him.

Most likely they have carried all the new equipment out the back door because of Peter's debts.

DevilsShoes said:
Yeah Hell's Kitchen started in the UK but Gordon was trying to teach relatively minor celebrities how to cook in that one rather than members of the public. He only did the one season and other master chefs have taken over since.

The most recent one only finished a couple of days ago and had Marco Pierre White as the head chef. He used to employ Gordon and one evening after a particuarly fraught service he, unbelievably, managed to reduce Gordon to tears :shocked:
In the show Pierre White rarely if ever lost his temper but he was certainly quite an intimdating presence.

Anyway the 3 seasons of Hell's Kitchen USA are all great fun, really compelling to watch, I think Gordons even more explosive in this series than he was in the UK version and he was pretty volatile in that one. His assortment of one-liners and put-downs are hilarious, he's definitely the pivot point around which everything else revolves. You can see how much his trainee chefs want to please him and how much his praise means to them. His promise to Julia the waffle house cook that he would pay for her to go to culinary school was very moving. You can tell how much he really cares deep down.

Oh and Kitchen Nightmares is great too, and I think although certain things are embellished, (for watchability reasons if nothing else) I think that executive chef would be surprised at just how bad the hygiene levels are at certain places. I have a feeling it's much closer to reality than anyone would like to think.

I wish they would give re-runs of this on the BBC America :)

OMG this episode with the American and Indian food was SO FREAKING DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!:barf:

WOW I love it that Gordon got in Martins face!!GORDON RULES!!!:rockon: and he has a noooice broad chest!!!!!:drool:((Im going to be rewinding that part a lot))

I cant believe the health inspectors never saw this,,Do they rate restaurants in NY??? OMG if they did this one would have been closed immediately!!!!!!!

Its scary to know what happens in the kitchen where you eat:yikes:

Last edited:
BonoFox1 said:
and he has a noooice broad chest!!!!!

:lol: :yes:

I cant believe the health inspectors never saw this,,Do they rate restaurants in NY??? OMG if they did this one would have been closed immediately!!!!!!!

Yeah see that's why I think the show is not 100% legit. I am sure every restaurant must be inspected every so often and for sure this place would be shut down if they got a gander at all that mess :|

this is the only word that comes from his mouth........Fuck :happy::heart::lmao:

why does he have to say that all the time???

Last edited:
just watched this last episode (TIVO)

and that manager was less than useless

he needed to be fired
AFTER he was forced to eat the food he let come out of his kitchen

last week they should have fired that jack ass Peter,
and I still say they will go down with him still there

Well that wasnt as bad as last week as far as food and cleanliness goes.

Next week looks good :mac:

Back
Top Bottom