''Kiss the Future'' Tour (now named U2 360° Tour)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it looks like we got some of the news, but not all of it. Like ticket prices or presale dates. I guess that should come in another email I assume.

My question is, I assume they add 1 or 2 shows to Boston/NY/Chicago after the first one sells out. Feels more old school. I don't recall them adding shows last 2 tours, but I may be wrong about that. Maybe they did it for Elevation.

It seems for stadium tours they only do 1 day until it sells out then add them as they go. Arena for sure had multiple shows booked right away.

But why mess around in Boston/NY/Chicago when they know they can sell out 2 shows?

:lol: now that's dedication.

but seriously....i'm debating whether to get seats or GA and as i'm wee (5'2") if i have to be camped out for a crazy amount of time or i won't be able to see a thing i'd rather have seats.

My best friend is about 5'1". I'd be shocked if we did GA. We're prepared to camp out way in advance, but if we're not in the first 10 rows, she'll be SOL. I think it's safe to say we'll be going for seats. Better safe than sorry, because I'm sure she'd like to see what's going on. :lol:

So it looks like we got some of the news, but not all of it. Like ticket prices or presale dates. I guess that should come in another email I assume.

My question is, I assume they add 1 or 2 shows to Boston/NY/Chicago after the first one sells out. Feels more old school. I don't recall them adding shows last 2 tours, but I may be wrong about that. Maybe they did it for Elevation.

It seems for stadium tours they only do 1 day until it sells out then add them as they go. Arena for sure had multiple shows booked right away.

But why mess around in Boston/NY/Chicago when they know they can sell out 2 shows?

I know they added shows for NYC and Chicago for the first leg of the US Vertigo tour, and I'd be VERY surprised if they didn't add a second night in Chicago.

I'm somewhat wishing I'd re-subscribed. :lol: Oh well, I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope for the best in the general sale.
Yeah, me too. I let mine expire in 2005 after the clusterfuck that was the Vertigo presale. Oh well. I guess if I'd paid up every year since then, it would've cost me a couple hundred dollars total just for a chance at this presale. When I think about it that way, I don't feel so bad.

I'm disappointed to see only one California show so far. They've got to add another LA show. It's also pretty lame that they're skipping the Bay Area on this leg. Now I'm contemplating traveling to a show, which I didn't want to do. I guess it'll depend on what I manage to get tickets for.

I doubt they will skip the Bay Area. They are probably just finalizing the venue and timing, which can be tricky that time of year. The problem with a second date is the Rose Bowl area can be difficult. Heck, I'm surprised they even let a rock concert play that stadium. I'm still bummed they aren't my beloved Coliseum, but since 'SC is playing a home game that weekend, there isn't much of a choice.

I wonder if this means there will be another chance for presales for 2010 with another code or they're just saying 2009 since they haven't announced 2010.

But this leads to a very important question? Should we use up our 4 tickets in March and April or risk it and keep a ticket or 2 saved?

I wish they would clarify this, but I like that the quote above specifically mentions 2009 shows. I think I will use up all of my presale tickets and then hope for the best in 2010.

There is 4 days between chicago and the toronto shows. I'm certain they plan on 2 shows there. They've had no problem selling 4-6 arena shows out in a couple hours in the past, and they played 3 shows at soldiers field on Popmart.

Does anyone have any idea why some shows were retracted from the list?

Wouldn't it be helpful to u2.com members to know where all the shows will be before they decide which shows to apply their pre-sale allotment towards?

I'm not a u2.com member by the way, just can't fathom why the band's management is being difficult.

EDIT: Maybe they want to see how the response will be in Chicago, Boston, and New York before they decide to push a stadium-only tour through the entire U.S.?

I'm 5'8'/5'9', is that tall enough to make GA worth it? Or should I just try for good seats?

I'm 6'1 so for the most part I don't care too much but I still like to get up front if I can. I stood in line for the two Vertigo shows I saw for 8-10 hours... Not the greatest experience (and I didn't get into the ellipse for either show :angry: ) but I was along the rail both nights in the corner closest to Adam on the outside.

I'm going to Ottawa for school next year, and of course, just two weeks after I leave, U2 will be in Toronto... half an hour from where I currently am. I'm gunna have to skip half of my second week of University. Guess it's not too big of a deal. Any chance we'll see more T.O / Ottawa dates on the first leg?

U2 Tour Acts from BBC Website!!

U2 confirm plans to tour Europe
U2's Bono
The band's latest album is currently number one in the charts

Irish rock band U2 have confirmed plans to tour Europe this summer.

The tour will open at Barcelona's Nou Camp stadium on 30 June and will visit 13 other cities, including London, Sheffield, Glasgow, Dublin and Paris.

The 360 Tour will include a specially designed structure allowing fans to enjoy an unobstructed view of the band.

U2's manager Paul McGuinness said: "We have worked very hard to ensure that U2 fans can purchase a great-priced ticket with a guaranteed great view."

He said the group were "at their best when surrounded by their audience".

The group play Dublin's Croke Park stadium on 24 July, while the British dates will come towards the end of the run, with shows at London's Wembley Stadium on 14 August, Hampden Park in Glasgow on 18 August, Sheffield's Don Valley Stadium on 20 August, and the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff on 22 August.

Mr McGuinness said tickets would vary in price from 30 euros (£27) to 95 euros (£85).

The tour is the band's first stadium outing since since the Vertigo Tour in 2005 and follows the release of their acclaimed album, No Line On The Horizon.

The record, which is their 12th studio album, is currently number one in the UK Top 40 charts.

Support acts for the event, will include a range of acts such as Glasvegas, Elbow, Kaiser Chiefs, Snow Patrol and Black Eyed Peas.

I'm 5'8'/5'9', is that tall enough to make GA worth it? Or should I just try for good seats?

I'm 5'1" and GA is worth it. I've been "GA" during Lollapalooza at various shows, and two of the most badass concerts I've seen I wasn't even super close...I just jumped up and down a lot to see :lol: I love the GA experience. but it's best when youre up front :wink: if you're hardcore you should do the GA line thing, it's worth it. so worth it. rail spot ftw

Kinda upset to see that the Dallas show is on a Monday night, but at least it's in the new Texas Stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom