''Kiss the Future'' Tour (now named U2 360° Tour)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like how there are no speakers on the ground. I hope the sound is better than arenas.

they don't show the speakers on the ground. they're there.

the images on the webpage are schematics... the way it's layed out it's like the "legs" of the spider, so to speak, are in the middle of the field with crowd around hte legs...

[stephenasmithvoice]howeeeevvvvuhhh[/stephenasmithvoice] if you were to look at the different stadium layouts the "legs" of the spider reach across the entire width of the field, even flowing into the stands it appears in some stadiums...

lg_newyork.jpg

so the thing looks small on the images on 360.u2.com because the stadium appears so much bigger around it, but in reality the stage is much bigger than that.

BTW, can someone clarify the actual name of the tour?

Is it U2360 Tour or Kiss the Future Tour?

I'm hoping its the latter because the former sounds like the name for a new Irish video game console

It's U2 360°

Does anybody else wonder how they expect some of these shows to sell out? An 82,000 capacity stadium in Norman, Oklahoma on a Monday night? Especially with 2 shows in Texas the week before. I also don't get the DC/Charlottesville/Raleigh run either... to close together, both geographically and timewise.

In 1983, U2 played Norman Oklahoma... there were 2,000 people in a 13,000 capacity arena... could we see a similar showing this year? .... stay tuned!

I'm somewhat wishing I'd re-subscribed. :lol: Oh well, I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope for the best in the general sale.

My friend who I go to all the concerts with had originally agreed to do GA this tour (we've always had seats in the past), but now that they're playing at a stadium instead of an arena, she isn't so keen on that. She's pretty tiny, and doesn't like crowds (I don't either). I have a feeling we're going to be going with seats, which is okay with me. Hopefully we'll be able to get seats relatively close to the stage!

I don't understand people...
"This artwork isn't perfected. Where is Edge's amp?"
"It's not 100% perfect to scale, 96% at best, I want my subscription cash back."
"u2 dot com sucks. Go figure"
"They aren't playing my backyard."

Use a little bloody common sense and calm down.

I'm just going to throw this out there....

having gone to a large number of GA concerts over my lifetime (including over a half dozen U2 shows in the GA) I will be buying tickets for SEATS during this next tour. Its such a pain in the ass to be down in GA when you have to pee or get more beer, which in turn leads to more peeing. It sucks too if you have women in your party who have to pee because then you have to go with them and lose your place. (DISCLAIMER: I love women....women are super intelligent beings who rule the world and would be darn near perfect if they could pee standing up)

Just thought I'd throw that out there. Go for the seats and you won't regret it.

Thumbs up to this.

I'm somewhat wishing I'd re-subscribed. :lol: Oh well, I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope for the best in the general sale.

My friend who I go to all the concerts with had originally agreed to do GA this tour (we've always had seats in the past), but now that they're playing at a stadium instead of an arena, she isn't so keen on that. She's pretty tiny, and doesn't like crowds (I don't either). I have a feeling we're going to be going with seats, which is okay with me. Hopefully we'll be able to get seats relatively close to the stage!

:wave:

Does anybody else wonder how they expect some of these shows to sell out? An 82,000 capacity stadium in Norman, Oklahoma on a Monday night? Especially with 2 shows in Texas the week before. I also don't get the DC/Charlottesville/Raleigh run either... to close together, both geographically and timewise.

In 1983, U2 played Norman Oklahoma... there were 2,000 people in a 13,000 capacity arena... could we see a similar showing this year? .... stay tuned!

Depends on how many OU students are U2 fans. Maybe Bono will say something offensive to the right wingers and they won't show up. At least for my sake.

I don't know why U2 is playing Norman OK when they are playing Dallas? Its less than 200 miles away. Especially on a Monday night? All these early weeknight shows kind of put a damper on things.

U2 should have considered San Antonio or Austin instead of Norman. Maybe Stoops is a big U2 fan.

I'm doing GA for sure. I did it for Vertigo and didn't have to pee or anything; I abstained from liquids about two hours before they first opened the doors and then obviously didnt have anything waiting for U2. Hope that works this time :lol:

Q - If I miss the presale for the show of my choice am I able to use my unique U2.com ticket access code for that show?
A - No. After the presale has ended for a show, any remaining tickets allocated for the presale for that show, will go on sale to the general public.The links to the ticket vendors that are selling tickets for the public ticket sale will be available on the tour pages of U2.com. If there are subsequent presales then your unused code will still be eligible to take part in presales for alternative U2 2009 concerts.

I wonder if this means there will be another chance for presales for 2010 with another code or they're just saying 2009 since they haven't announced 2010.

But this leads to a very important question? Should we use up our 4 tickets in March and April or risk it and keep a ticket or 2 saved?

I don't know why U2 is playing Norman OK when they are playing Dallas? Its less than 200 miles away. Especially on a Monday night? All these early weeknight shows kind of put a damper on things.

U2 should have considered San Antonio or Austin instead of Norman. Maybe Stoops is a big U2 fan.

Oklahoma for the win !!!

Houston is only 200 miles from San Antonio.

what time did people start lining up for GA for the last tour to get a good spot in case they didn't get inside the stage? i can't remember. :reject:

I think more dates are going to be announced. Based on the tour dates it looks like U2 will have 2 stages traveling around. Looking at the dates there is one back to back in the US:

Norman OK, Oct. 19th
Phoenix AZ, Oct. 20th

No way the crew could tear down, travel, & setup from OK to AZ in one day.

That's right, how could xbox360 not pop in your mind if you hear the tour title?
U2 should release something on the xbox market place, other bands did it as well.
My opinion: U2 could have done more!instead of letting a lot of people down!

BTW, can someone clarify the actual name of the tour?

Is it U2360 Tour or Kiss the Future Tour?

I'm hoping its the latter because the former sounds like the name for a new Irish video game console

I think more dates are going to be announced. Based on the tour dates it looks like U2 will have 2 stages traveling around. Looking at the dates there is one back to back in the US:

Norman OK, Oct. 19th
Phoenix AZ, Oct. 20th

No way the crew could tear down, travel, & setup from OK to AZ in one day.
Any major stage of this nature is gonna be done in duplicate to accomadate the tour schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom