Kings of Leon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All of the new songs they played at the past concert I went to rock a lot harder live than on the record, especially immortals and radioactive. Biggest flaw of the album is the cloudy production.

what i find strange is that many here who started bashing kings of leon after use somebody became uber popular actually enjoyed that same album when it was still not as well known to the masses. when they were still just the cool little band that nobody else knows about, the album was "mature." once they blew up, "mature" turned into "shit."

They went from a second-rate (but fun) indie band that no one takes seriously to a (dull) mainstream band that no one takes seriously. The real difference is that I have to listen to them more often now.

YouTube - Kings Of Leon-Red Morning Light

The comments here are hysterical. 2/3 of them are "KOL sucks so hard now, plz rawk again"

Outstanding Brilliant Stuff

Pickup Truck
The End
The Immortals
Radioactive
Birthday

Very Good

Mary
Pony Up
Pyro
The Face
Beach Side
Mi Amigo
No Money

Terrible

Back Down South

Great album! I became a fan due to Only By The Night so I still think its better but this is an amazing record. Loving it!

Once "Only By The Night" came out any press about Kings Of Leon pretty much says theyre "the southern U2", "songs with U2 arenas in mind" or "southern rockers with U2-like aspirations"

I wonder if the band eats it up or thinks U2 is shit like the indie world that their "true" fans represent hah!

Kings of Leon should go away for a little while after this record. Caleb just doesn't seem happy with the success and I dont think he handles it properly. Overall hes a little grumpy bastard at concerts. Great voice though.

I wonder if the band eats it up or thinks U2 is shit like the indie world that their "true" fans represent hah!

I think they might like it. I remember reading an interview with one of them during their tour with U2. He (whichever one it was) said they learned a lot about songwriting from listening to U2 songs each night. I would imagine that's what's made these last few albums sound the way they do; trying to emulate U2's songwriting and either succeeding wildly or failing miserably, depending on your opinion of both bands at this point in their respective careers.

Caleb just doesn't seem happy with the success and I dont think he handles it properly. Overall hes a little grumpy bastard at concerts.

For this very reason their success will never last. NO PERSONALITY AT ALL! The reason U2 have had enjoyed success for so long is because their live shows are an experience, not just a concert. KOL actually look like they're angry about having to play the concert.

Saw KOL and Muse at the same venue, a 20,000 seat arena in Columbus (which was about half full for both bands). The difference is I will definitely pay to see Muse again, and I won't waste my $ on KOL. I'm actually a fan of their music, and enjoy all 5 of their albums. But they SUCKED live. Muse actually seemed like they wanted to be there, and that they wanted everyone to enjoy the show.

For this very reason their success will never last. NO PERSONALITY AT ALL! The reason U2 have had enjoyed success for so long is because their live shows are an experience, not just a concert. KOL actually look like they're angry about having to play the concert.

you mean how u2 felt after the lovetown tour? oh right, i understand now.

you mean how u2 felt after the lovetown tour? oh right, i understand now.

It's perhaps comparable, but it just makes KoL's situation all the more distressing because there's no way in hell they have the inspiration or skill to make an album like Achtung Baby, an album that would bail them out of this corner they've written themselves into. And it's not fan rapport; without strong singles (Come Around Sundown doesn't have them), a significant dip in album sales is inevitable.

Only good could come of this though. Either a) they will make a more creative, interesting record, b) they will go back to their old sound and start having fun again, or c) they will become irrelevant and I won't have to hear their dull shit every day. Good news all around.

i'm in no way insinuating that kings of leon are on the u2 career path or will make an achtung baby like reinvention of themselves... simply pointing out the BS in saying that kings of leon won't last because they don't seem happy on stage by saying that U2 would never seem that way, when, in fact, they did feel that way in the late 80's.

Fair enough.

The only time I've seen them live was when they were opening for U2, and they looked pretty bored then too. Of course, their mixing was absolutely horrible, so I would be frustrated myself. I have no idea why they would feel that way now, unless they genuinely hate playing the new material.

I was at MSG too - overall very enjoyable, they are really good live but the lack of old AND new tunes bothered me a little bit, they are still living off of the popularity of only by the night.

A new track from mechanical bull called "beautiful war" is said to be their best song yet according to djs who have heard it. After hearing supersoaker and comments from the band saying the album is the best they've done in years I must say I'm excited.

Back
Top Bottom