kings of leon+chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2phoenix

Babyface
has anyone heard any tracks from kings of leon. according to ticketmaster they're opening in chicago. are they opening in other cities on the 1st leg? anyone know about them. who would rather see? the killers? white stripes? ???????

It's been confirmed that Kings Of Leon are opening every US show.

Never heard a thing by them. I'd rather no opening act, to be honest.

Shawn Bonneau said:
They have a Strokes/White Stripes sound.

The tracks I downloaded sounded like somebody trying to sound like the Strokes or Stripes and absolutely failing.

I've got three floor tickets for Chicago, so I'll have to suffer through them to hold my position.

Chances are that I don't try to get close at least one night, and just show up about the time U2 comes on. :wink:

I find it appalling that people would rather hear The Killers than Kings of Leon.

There more along the lines of Alt. Country. There CD is pretty good. They also have a new album coming out very soon. Just be open minded about it and don't judge anything until you see them live. I've heard there really good live band.

I have seen kings of leon twice! and they rock! if you hav'nt already got there albums go and buy them! they are 2 great albums. Kings of Leon are pretty big here in UK they regually sell out 5,000 venues.

Adam seems to be a big fan. I was listening to the Jo Whiley interview again a couple of days ago and I noticed when she asked Adam what he was listening to, he mentioned Kings of Leon.

I listened to several songs by Kings today. They don't strike me as much of anything right now.

To me, it's kind of country-inspired indie rock.

Almost as if Lynyrd Skynyrd went emo.

I don't much like the thought of that.

The Killers would be much better. But, I will give Kings a shot live.

I liked PJ Harvey live better than her studio stuff.

~LadyLemon~ said:
I find it appalling that people would rather hear The Killers than Kings of Leon.

I don't find it appalling at all since the Killers are better. Opinions...

check out the following song from kings of leon i am telling you they are a class act!

California Waiting
Mollys Chambers
Red Morning Light
The Bucket
Joes Head

i started listening to a bit of kings of leon when it was announced that they'd be the opener, and to be honest, i don't like them at all. i'm not judging their talent, it's just not my kind of music. at all.

although i wouldn't have preferred the killers or snow patrol either. i'd rather have no opener at all (or someone i actually like, heh :wink:).

Kings of Leon are great...I'm actually really excited to get to see them. I've got their EP and their first album, and I've heard their new album online. A much different sound from U2--very Southern, whiskey-induced, barroom brawl kind of tunes--but I think they'll be great live. I'm actually surprised they aren't supporting the second leg, because they're really popular in Europe, where their second album has already been out for several months.

Just read yesterday (from contactmusic.com) that Kings of Leon have had to cancel their Japanese leg of their tour:

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/kings of leon cancel japanese tour

KINGS OF LEON have been forced to cancel their upcoming Japanese tour after singer and guitarist CALEB FOLLOWILL injured his finger.

The American FOUR KICKS rockers want to allow the wound enough time to heal before they embark on a tour of their homeland, prior to supporting Irish icons U2 on the American leg of their VERTIGO world tour in March (05).

Drummer NATHAN FOLLOWILL says of his brother, "He just ripped off all the skin right below the fingernail on his pick hand. It won't heal because every time we play a show he just re-injures it.

"It's probably been messed up for two weeks now, but he just kind of toughed through the shows and now it's got to the point where it's starting to get swollen and look pretty nasty, so we figured we'd give him a little rest and get his finger back in shape before we start a new tour."
There is also an article on their (KOL's) web site.

This is awful... Can you imagin their horror if they have to pull out of this tour? :|
Hope he's ok..soon.. :up:

^^^^^I'm sure he'll be fine and that they pulled out now to heal for U2. I don't think his bandmates would ever forgive him if he made them cancel opening up for the biggest band in the world.

Back
Top Bottom