Kid A is blowing my fucking mind!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
kidA_RIP.jpg

I'm not here...
This isn't happening.

:crazy:

My second favorite album of all time. Glad to know that you're enjoying it. It's been in my blood ever since "Idiotheque" played on the PA prior to each of the Chicago shows, this past week. The album is, for all practical intents and purposes, perfect.

It's experimental.
It's atmospheric.
It's relaxing.
It's inscrutable.
It's mind-blowing.
It's everything that a U2 fan expected after the genius of Pop.

OMG... Idioteque rocks so much! :rockon:

Slightly on topic, but I am currently listening to Rabbit in your Headlights by UNKLE feat/ Thom Yorke.

:drool: :drool:

I once freaked out a bunch of people on my dorm floor by blasting "Idioteque."

(Edit: Have you find the creepy hidden booklet yet?)

Last edited:
typhoon said:
I once freaked out a bunch of people on my dorm floor by blasting "Idioteque."

(Edit: Have you find the creepy hidden booklet yet?)

:lol: That's so cool. Idioteque is worth blasting!

creepy hidden booklet?... you mean the fold out with the pencil drawing of icicles? The whole booklet is creepy.... actually spooky is the word I guess. :drool:

Is the tray supposed to come out of the glass case? I'm trying not break it. But just by peering under it, I can't make out any other booklet.

What does the creepy booklet look like? Maybe it's included in the main one for newer pressings!

No, it's a booklet. You pop open the CD tray, and it's under there. It has a bunch of weird art and words (including lyrics to a bunch of songs from both Kid A and Amnesiac).

It might only be in the initial run of copies, actually.

(Edit: Yeah, looks like it. Here are some scans.)

God what a day to see this thread. This album came out around this time 4 years ago. Same time as ATYCLB.
My gf broke up with me at that time.
I was thinking fo Kid A all weekend and I wound up talking to her today.
Then I see this.
Creepy.
She is marrying a British Cardiac surgeon.
I laughed my ass off bc it reminded me of Meet the Parents when he meets Owen Wilson.
kid A rocks.

Wow, that's some amazing coincidence Iskra! :ohmy:

Hope my thread didn't further fuel any bad memories, though. As much as I bash ATYCLB, that album and esp. Walk On is the perfect healer.

My first and often favorite Radiohead album (I think OK Computer is actually better and I think the Bends is nearly flawless, though... damn it, I don't know.)

Optimistic :drool:

I'll never forget the day that Kid A dropped. I think it was October 3, 2005 in the US...maybe the 5th? Not entirely sure, I guess.

But I remember racing out of school to get it/listen to it, I remember that the leaves in Chicago were on the ground, I remember what the sunset looked like that night, I remember that I hated the album like nothing else the first time through.

Actually, I hated it pretty good (minus "How To Disappear Completely" and "Optimistic") for a while. I listened to it 9 times that night, the last time on headphones with the "secret" booklet next to me as I sat on the floor, hooked up to a discman while using my then old-as-dirt computer to try to figure out (via 28K, no less) what the fuck this album was supposed to be.

Nothing I found online illuminated it for me, but listening to it on headphones sure did. That autumn alone, I listened to this album at least 200 times (and I spun plenty of All That You Can't Leave Behind when it came out three weeks later...in addition to all my other musical interests at the time; ATD-I, anyone?), both with headphones and without them...though I fucked up some speakers pretty badly without 'em a few times. Kid A changed everything I thought I knew or understood about music, and I've not been even remotely the same since.

I remember my review for the school paper (I was a Senior and the editor of the entertainment section) was excessively laudatory, and I gave the album a score I still stand by and my highest of all-time (for a contemporary release): 9.75 out of 10.

In case you're curious, I gave the U2 album an 8; but that was too generous and I just wanted to get kids to buy the motherfucker. Looking back, I'd give it what I think is a more fair score of either 7 or 7.25. :wink:

Sorry for going on. Yeah....this album kicks ass and doesn't even bother to take names. That's how much it owns. In fact...it just might own your face off, if you're not careful.

Back
Top Bottom