Kardinia Park, Geelong, Victoria, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The really fucking weird moment when your university decides to get rid of Honours degrees. Uh, what now?

That's even more bizarre than the Melbourne Model. What's their reasoning?

That's even more bizarre than the Melbourne Model. What's their reasoning?

They're moving to a two year Masters program (first year entirely coursework, second year entirely thesis) in an effort to create new PhD students et al. Still, it doesn't make sense for those who want to just do Honours as a professional qualification (outside of Ancient History and Psychology which'll still have it). Kinda sad that tradition's being thrown away, though.

I would have thought it would make more sense to drop the Masters than Honours... Masters always seemed like a bit of a cop-out for a PhD. I say this as someone who started a Masters prelim course (because I'd been out of uni too long to do Honours) and gave up.

Now I've probably offended loads of people I never suspected of having done a Masters. :uhoh:

I need to go to bed. When I saw who the last poster was, Cobbler's name/numbers completely looked like Mr. Nipple's name.

Ax, I take it you and Charlotte decided not to go to this Triple J Unearthed party thing tonight?

Yeah, we gave it a miss ... honestly probably would've gone if it had been at the East or Northcote rather than the Corner.

Had a good night at home watching the telly anyway. Rare for us to watch so much in one burst! But The Chaser's new show is pretty good.

They're moving to a two year Masters program (first year entirely coursework, second year entirely thesis) in an effort to create new PhD students et al. Still, it doesn't make sense for those who want to just do Honours as a professional qualification (outside of Ancient History and Psychology which'll still have it). Kinda sad that tradition's being thrown away, though.

Yeah, that's just weird. And especially annoying for anybody like me who was able to hop straight from Honours to PhD; that Masters would add an extra year to studies.

Hahaha one interaction with Matkin and he thinks I'm an asshole. These first impression things are usually right.

Oh well, if it keeps people amused and brings in hits and I don't have to do anything except issue a statement here that I think it's lame too, what do I care! :lol:

I am amused by how uncreative they are. Most of these were performed regularly throughout the tour.

If the twitter folk pulled Kunstmuseum, everyone would have believed them. And they would be too braindead for anyone to be mad at them.

I am amused by how uncreative they are. Most of these were performed regularly throughout the tour.

If the twitter folk pulled Kunstmuseum, everyone would have believed them. And they would be too braindead for anyone to be mad at them.

Well I think that was his point, to make it true to the tour. But yeah.

Hey, Vlad. What does this translate to?

post-3-12828867484241.jpg

Something like:

Accumulator Fire Hazard
With Fire Don't Enter
No Smoking

Something like:

Accumulator Fire Hazard
With Fire Don't Enter
No Smoking

Aww, boo. It's a picture from inside that UVB-76 weird Russian radio station and I thought it was more interesting than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom