Kaikoura, Te Wai Pounamu, Aotearoa (Kia Kaha, Aroha to all) Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, see ya John Key. Not sad to see you go; I just wish your party were walking out the door with you.

I've always found it surprising that he has been so widely liked. I'm told he comes across as charismatic in person, but on telly he has all the excitement of watching cardboard. I expect that in the long term he will be remembered without warmth as a stable but unspectacular PM, a man whose achievements are modest. What can you point to? Marriage equality? Would have happened sooner if Labour and the Greens were in power, and only happened thanks to them anyway. Christchurch recovery? Fuck me he put Gerry Brownlee in charge, which is almost criminal. The economy? Anybody who says that clearly has no grasp on homelessness in Auckland.

I was actually thinking this before I heard what happened. He's the natural disaster PM. He happened to be in the right places front and centre saying what everyone did.

In reality he's gutted too many services we need, and frankly he's an STD riddled cunt. So is the rest of his party.

I was actually thinking this before I heard what happened. He's the natural disaster PM. He happened to be in the right places front and centre saying what everyone did.

In reality he's gutted too many services we need, and frankly he's an STD riddled cunt. So is the rest of his party.

I don't even see how he did anything inspiring. Anna Bligh's response to the Queensland floods shits all over any response Key has given.

The government fucked up the Christchurch rebuild anyway with their idiotic agenda against good public transport infrastructure.

I don't even see how he did anything inspiring. Anna Bligh's response to the Queensland floods shits all over any response Key has given.

The government fucked up the Christchurch rebuild anyway with their idiotic agenda against good public transport infrastructure.

He was in the media at JUST THE RIGHT TIMES.

I find deleting ex-girlfriend related posts or anything questionable is always a plus

Meh. Relationships happen. I'm not going to pretend they didn't, even if I'd prefer not to remember some aspects.

Standing Rock appears safe, it hasn't shaken today, we got rid of John Key, I actually managed to lift a crate of beer, I sat in the sun for a few hours.

Fifth anniversary of not dying could be worse.

I don't mind it, but I have been with some people who would rather not know about some aspects of my past. Fair enough IMO.

Honestly I really dislike that attitude. If you're dating anybody older than about twenty, it's reasonable to assume they've had at least one significant relationship. Having a problem with somebody having a past is, to me, a big red flag.

Standing Rock appears safe, it hasn't shaken today, we got rid of John Key, I actually managed to lift a crate of beer, I sat in the sun for a few hours.

Fifth anniversary of not dying could be worse.

You're doing pretty well, and in an hour I plan to raise a toast to my postdoc in a small gathering of some good and esteemed company at work. I like today.

Oh yeah, but it's your own fault if you find something sifting through Facebook posts of three years ago!

If you share phones (because you know, trust), then really it's just not worth waving it under someone's nose. I'd get annoyed but totally understand it's the past. But meh why bother someone?

Not like it matters. My closest relationship now is the fridge.

If you share phones (because you know, trust), then really it's just not worth waving it under someone's nose. I'd get annoyed but totally understand it's the past. But meh why bother someone?

Not like it matters. My closest relationship now is the fridge.

Share phones? My god, why would I do that!

This reminds me, people with joint Facebook profiles are the worst people.

And my closest relationship? Right now it's a hottttt three-way between me, my profession, and the fridge.

Seriously, I have no idea how academics have time for family life. I haven't got much time for a relationship, let alone kids. I suppose I could scale back my live music commitments to free up a bit of time but fuck that, there are bands I want to see and books I want to write and the rest of life can fit around them.

Share phones? My god, why would I do that!

This reminds me, people with joint Facebook profiles are the worst people.

Share phones as in play games and give the PIN to access it away. So therefore if a notification comes up and you step out of the shower to a rather unhappy girlfriend, you can often guess.

And FUCK YES. I cannot abide those. I'm happy to give my partner everything, but honey, profiles are separate.

Seriously, I have no idea how academics have time for family life. I haven't got much time for a relationship, let alone kids. I suppose I could scale back my live music commitments to free up a bit of time but fuck that, there are bands I want to see and books I want to write and the rest of life can fit around them.

My thinking is simply....screw it, just do what makes you happy. Oh and do what you need to in order to pay for that lifestyle.

My thinking is simply....screw it, just do what makes you happy. Oh and do what you need to in order to pay for that lifestyle.

I'm not entirely sure how the fuck I've been managing to pull that off, but I have.

Seriously, I may be busy but I feel like I'm living the dream. I get to write on history and higher education policy while listening to lots of music? My god how did this fuckwit from Raumati get so lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom