June 5, 1983

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

STING2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
RED ROCKS! 20 year anniversery of this historic U2 show!

Ok, who out there has the entire show on video, not just the released version?

I've been planning for a while to watch it tonite in honor of the anniversary. :D I'm weird like that.

Coincidentally, the first time I ever saw it was on June 5, 2001. :shrug: I'm still a relatively newbie U2 fan. I went to the video store to rent some U2 vids and I rented that. I about died when I saw the date on the screen.

Last edited:
The only thing I've seen from that concert is just the footage they show on T.V. shows, or the video of them performing "Sunday Bloody Sunday" there.

I've never seen the full concert itself. I sure would like to, though.

Geez, where is a time machine when you need one?

Angela

I didn't see Red Rocks until a couple years ago when they showed it on VH-1. I can't believe I didn't tape it! :banghead: I've been thinking about buying it. I've never seen it in local stores, so I'll have to order it off the Internet.

Bono's shades said:
I didn't see Red Rocks until a couple years ago when they showed it on VH-1. I can't believe I didn't tape it! :banghead: I've been thinking about buying it. I've never seen it in local stores, so I'll have to order it off the Internet.

Check out Ebay. :yes: I got mine for $8.00, including shipping. It's in perfect condition too. :heart:Ebay:heart:

STING2 said:
RED ROCKS! 20 year anniversery of this historic U2 show!

Ok, who out there has the entire show on video, not just the released version?

I think I do but am not sure...

What is also weird is that today Coldplay is playing there. People regail them as the next U2.

U2- June 5th, 1983, Red Rocks Amphitheater
Coldplay - June 5th, 2003, Red Rocks Amphitheater

Coincidence?

Also, Coldplay are playing there tomorrow night.

The_acrobat said:
What is also weird is that today Coldplay is playing there. People regail them as the next U2.

U2- June 5th, 1983, Red Rocks Amphitheater
Coldplay - June 5th, 2003, Red Rocks Amphitheater

Coincidence?

Also, Coldplay are playing there tomorrow night.

Ya know, you never see U2 and Coldplay in the same room at the same time......

I was living in Denver at the time of this show -- it would have been so easy for me to go and I didn't! Of course, I was six years old and only owned Michael Jackson's Thriller but so what?

I can believe there are actually members of intereference who do not have Red Rocks on video or have not seen it! If you take the time and effort to come to interference, at least go out and buy the Red Rocks Video. I'm rather puzzled that people would bother coming to a U2 website discussion area if they were not mad fans like myself, but I guess that is just me.

Anyways, do you what you have to do to buy it, including not eating lunch for a couple of days so you can have money to buy it, if that is your situation.

By the way, Ouizy, if you have the full show, please find out. I need a copy of that! Anyone else have the full show? Please post here and tell me if we could set up a trade.

Really, you have all 19 songs on CD or Video CD? Do you have the capability to copy to VHS?

No I have it on audio. Unfortunately it's not video. It also has the gaps in between the songs. But the way I look at it is it's better than not having the concert at all.

STING2 said:
I can believe there are actually members of intereference who do not have Red Rocks on video or have not seen it! If you take the time and effort to come to interference, at least go out and buy the Red Rocks Video. I'm rather puzzled that people would bother coming to a U2 website discussion area if they were not mad fans like myself, but I guess that is just me.

I don't have it :( Purely for financial reasons ... also because I've never seen it for sale here! Almost of all the U2 shows I've seen for sale have been on dvd, and I don't have a dvd player. I got the Best of 1990-2000 with the bonus dvd back in November, and I haven't seen it! :sad: I really should find someone with a dvd player so I can watch it ...

I suppose the reason I come to interference.com is because I don't have all these other U2 things to watch or listen to etc ... and besides, now I know that everyone likes the Red Rocks show, so if I do see it for sale I might be persuaded to get it!

Last edited:
~*Buffalo*~ said:

I don't have it :( Purely for financial reasons ... also because I've never seen it for sale here! Almost of all the U2 shows I've seen for sale have been on dvd, and I don't have a dvd player. I got the Best of 1990-2000 with the bonus dvd back in November, and I haven't seen it! :sad: I really should find someone with a dvd player so I can watch it ...

I suppose the reason I come to interference.com is because I don't have all these other U2 things to watch or listen to etc ... and besides, now I know that everyone likes the Red Rocks show, so if I do see it for sale I might be persuaded to get it!

Exactly.

Again, I must complain about how my town is pathetic when it comes to selling U2 stuff. I'd be lucky if I saw the "Elevation: Live From Boston" DVD here (which wouldn't help me, anyway, seeing as how I also don't have a DVD player). It's a small town that doesn't even sell all of U2's CDs, so I'd be very surprised to find something like the Red Rocks concert here in town.

It's not that I'm not as big a fan as some of you-believe me, if I could, I'd get practically everything U2 related that I could think of-it's just that there's many things, the kinds of things Buffalo described, that have kept me from obtaining a lot of this stuff (that and the fact that I've only been a fan for a little over a year, so it's gonna take me a while to get some of these things).

But, now that I do have some money from relatives I got for graduation that I haven't spent yet, maybe I can check out Ebay or something like that and see if I can find this sort of thing and buy it there.

Angela

Buffalo,

I would make you a copy of 3 different shows on video from the WAR tour including RED ROCKS( the edited comercial release which has 13 of the 19 songs) but since your in Australia, I don't think you can watch the video's since they would be in NTSC format.

Honestly though, ask at your local record store or video store to order it if they do not have it in stock! If they can do it, go to the internet or contact U2s record company division in Australia. Of course its going to costs at least 20 dollars US if you purchase it.

Moonlit_Angel,

If you live in the USA, I could make you several copies of shows on video from the WAR tour.

How have I missed this thread?! I also became a fan in '83 with Red Rocks and War! I liked the songs from War, but when I saw them in action I really fell in love! They were so cute and put on such a good show! It used to be on TV all the time, even before MTV hit our cable it was on other cable stations a lot. Then MTV gave it a lot of play. At one point, it was almost like, THAT again? It was that frequently played for awhile. I taped it more than once, but on beta, and over time the old beta tapes died or vanished:( Since I had a VHS it was never on TV again, but a friend bought me a copy, so I have one! :happy:

I love this show! :love: :drool: :up:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom