June 30, July 2nd - Camp Nou BARCELONA - triple night?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I know what you mean, but that would not be so, I can tell you, there would be a big, big controversy, many Spanish fans are not going to Barcelona, they'll go to Dublin instead, for example, same money and no hostility around them.
There was a big problem in 1997 when Edge chose "Macarena" for his karaoke, I know the band didn't understand exactly what was happening, and I feel they are making a similar mistake now, this time offending the other side.
As I tell you, I will feel very sorry if they announce the third night in Barcelona because it will open this pit again, intolerance isn't a good path for anyone.

:confused:
The second show hasn't gone on general sale yet. How can it be sold out then? Of course, I expect it to sell out quickly. :crack:

You're right, I'm sorry, I'm getting confused about all the sale and presale dates. Of course it hasn't gone on general sale. At this point, I think it's premature to speculate about a third date.

As I tell you, I will feel very sorry if they announce the third night in Barcelona because it will open this pit again, intolerance isn't a good path for anyone.

How is it U2's fault if people are intolerant?

It's things like these that the band have fought against all their carreer long. They shouldn't get caught up in national politics.

It's things like these that the band have fought against all their carreer long. They shouldn't get caught up in national politics.

:up: as said above, Spain and Barcelona should be happy, to host the band for kicking off their tour there and play a triple night ....

I think they are just exercising caution against the economy. Spain has been hit harder that most after all. Italy is left only with Milan after Rome got left out also.

Another theory is that a follow up European leg will taken in all the other major cities. I wouldn't been surprised if Madrid and Rome got shows later.

And never underestimate the intolerance between the Spaniards and the Catalans. Shame though.

Don't get defensive, I'm not saying it's the band's fault, but there was a problem there in 1997 and they're repeating it again, that's not my fault either, I'm just saying what people talk here, and that it makes me feel SORRY and that I would like them to be better advised than that.

U2 don't even come to my country, they play only one concert in Italy, only one in Scandinavia, no concerts in most European countries, so I don't see them doing more than one show in Spain, at least this year, and the stadium in Barcelona is big enough for nearly 100.000 people. So what if they did the concert in Madrid and not Barcelona? Would there be the same problems, jsut the other way around?

I don't underestimate the trouble in Spain, but I don't think U2 should be caught up in national conflicts and compromised into playing more than one show because of them. I'm sure Spain will get more shows next year.

It wouldn't be any problem if they played a concert in Spain in Barcelona, two concerts being the beginning of the tour are ok, but 3 concerts in Barcelona and no one in any other city is a problem, it would be the same if it were Madrid, I think. I know you don't understand it, and I am completely sure U2 don't know anything about this, but this is a reality, we usually have 3 or 4 concerts here, one in every mayor city. Last tour they made Barcelona one year and Madrid and San Sebastian the next, one night in each city.
In 1997 the got big booos because the sang a Spanish song during the karaoke, last tour all the messages they displayed during the show were in Catalan when they played in Barcelona, if they do this for 3 nights many people in the audience will get angry, if they don't, the other side of the public will, you think that U2 shouldn't get involved into national politics, but they always are.
I really hope someone tell them and make a different move, I wouldn't like seeing them critised all over my country.

It wouldn't be any problem if they played a concert in Spain in Barcelona, two concerts being the beginning of the tour are ok, but 3 concerts in Barcelona and no one in any other city is a problem, it would be the same if it were Madrid, I think. I know you don't understand it, and I am completely sure U2 don't know anything about this, but this is a reality, we usually have 3 or 4 concerts here, one in every mayor city. Last tour they made Barcelona one year and Madrid and San Sebastian the next, one night in each city.
In 1997 the got big booos because the sang a Spanish song during the karaoke, last tour all the messages they displayed during the show were in Catalan when they played in Barcelona, if they do this for 3 nights many people in the audience will get angry, if they don't, the other side of the public will, you think that U2 shouldn't get involved into national politics, but they always are.
I really hope someone tell them and make a different move, I wouldn't like seeing them critised all over my country.

This way you never get "Spanish Eyes" live ...:doh:

I get what you're saying, but there must be a reason for U2 not playing in any other city in Spain, like there is a reason for them not playing in my city. Here, the stadium wasn't available for the date desired. Why? Because they booked the tour so late. That's the reason why so many cities and countries are being left out on this tour. Barcelona is available and there is obviously huge demand for U2 to play there. I'm sure when they return next year they will play two or three cities in Spain again.

At this point, I really doubt Barcelona will get a third show, the second one hasn't even gone on general sale.

So, Barcelona II goes on sale very soon. From what I've heard, the third show is distinctly possible, so it'll be interesting to see how quickly it's announced.

Well, I think you are exaggarating on this. I know this Catalunya-Espagne thing is not smth to underestimate, but come on people, on this level? If U2 displays messages in Catalan that's great not? Barcelona is in Catalunya! The official language is Catalan. If there are PP people that are offended by smth like text messages in Catalan then go to Nice and you will get them in French...or to Milan and you will get them in Italian..or wait till 2010 for a Spanish concert.

Well, I think you are exaggarating on this. I know this Catalunya-Espagne thing is not smth to underestimate, but come on people, on this level? If U2 displays messages in Catalan that's great not? Barcelona is in Catalunya! The official language is Catalan. If there are PP people that are offended by smth like text messages in Catalan then go to Nice and you will get them in French...or to Milan and you will get them in Italian..or wait till 2010 for a Spanish concert.

Catalan vs Spanish, Spanish vs catalan, booing, when texts are said/shown ... :down: Friends, are we still in Europe? Or is this pseudo-nationalistic behavious reminding me of Balcan war '93? I don't get it ...:|

Barcelona Concert Times?

Hi there i have managed to get 2 seated tickets for opening night and needed to know what time Snow Patrol will be on stage and what time U2 will come on as i understand that the spanish are not so strict with their times as we are here in the UK where bands must finish by 10.30pm.

Any advise would be welcome

Tickets say opening band will start around 20:00. I reckon there will be 2 bands again (like 2005, also most other concerts have 2 acts, even BarcaII) so they'll probably both finish around 21.30 I'd reckon.

2005 U2 came on stage shortly after 22.00. I think it'll be the same this year.

Classy Barcelona Hotels please

Hi there it will be my first time in Barcelona and i am taking the wife with me so i am really looking for a top class 5 star hotel in central Barcelona. Can anyone here recommend one?

Also what Hotel do U2 usually stay at when in Barcelona?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom