June 24, 2011 - Glastonbury

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Edge is going to be pissed as a fart tonight, from his blog on the guardian website

"11.43pm: I had a great kip, now I'm over at a friends house listening to Dela soul drinking some local pear cider. It's very good but deceptive. Edge"

Did anyone see the BBC interview this morning with Vic? You could see Jem and Domo clinging to the rail with great determination :lol:

They still pay some taxes in Ireland, all these protesters need to get the real insight and not the "we hate Bono, Bono is a cunt" insight.

1rog81.jpg

:hyper:
5vpslg.jpg

From @BigWave's twitter account.

i can't see much of a PA there.

do they hide it at Glastonbury?

I have heard Bono and edge are joining him for a duet of satellite of love, with lou reed coming up on the screens just like ZooTv

heading to Pyramid stage now, dressed as Santa and dragging a small wooden reindeer on a leash, so gimme a shout if ya spot me lol :lol::wave:

I doubt that any of those pathetic wanker tax 'protestors' have ever paid a penny of tax in their lives. I wish Joe could blow them away with a blast from the subwoofers!

by 10pm no-one will give a shit

Haha, this is probably going to be true. They'll try very hard for about 5-10 minutes and realise it's pointless and revert to dancing in the mud, perhaps.

Neil McCormick

Strong #Glasto rumours of secret appearances at the Park stage by Radiohead (tonight) & Pulp (Saturday).

on twitter :hyper::hyper:

other rumour too....

but don't want to spoil anything...

don't know how to do that spoiler button thing

related to u2, or just in general?

They say related to U2.

In other news, here's a bit on the live blog of The Guardian regarding tonight's planned protest.

To add to the mix, the media - tired of mud stories - has been getting excited at the prospect of a U2's headline set being disrupted tonight by tax avoidance protesters, Art Uncut. Sky News reckons Michael Eavis isn't supporting the stunt, though I suspect he's not averse to a bit of action.

I've had a sneak preview of what the activists, who are camped up near the Stone Circle, are planning. I'm sworn to secrecy, but suffice to say I don't think Bono needs to worry that much. Expect hot air (literal and metaphorical) and perhaps a bit of word play too, but blink and you might miss it.

Let's hope it really is a blink-and-you-might-miss-it moment.

Haha, this is probably going to be true. They'll try very hard for about 5-10 minutes and realise it's pointless and revert to dancing in the mud, perhaps.

they are also playing right in to the bands hands.
even more bbc publicity.
even more viewers.
even more best ofs sold next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom