June 20, 2010 - Seattle Qwest Field

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
now if they would only move my landing up 2 hours to 5 instead of 7

Has it been released yet where the GA line starts at Qwest field??

thanks!~ Can't wait... again...

Maybe Ticketmaster will send out an email like they did for the Vancouver show last leg, with all of those details. As far as I can remember, I think it was sent a few days before the day of the show. I wouldn't worry about it just yet - someone will post that info here once it's available. :)

Don't suppose anyone is driving from San Francisco to Seattle for the following show...? Flights still aren't too expensive but a colleague of mine says it's a (long but) gorgeous drive along the California and Oregon coast. Sounds like a potential nice U2 road trip ...

YES! I highly recommend the Oregon coast. Gorgeous drive. It's a much longer trip than the straightforward (but much more dull) route via I-5.

I'm not sure what route your friend gave you once you cross into Washington, but the coast isn't as fabulous as Oregon, at least in the southern part of the state. It's much more out of the way as well.

I'd suggest driving up 101 through Oregon to Astoria, and then cutting over to I-5 around Portland. It's about 3 hours from Portland to Seattle on I-5 in good traffic.

If you have loads of extra time, it's a beautiful drive around the Olympic Penninsula. Hwy 101 will roughly get you up to and around the penninsula, and you get to see the rain forest areas and the Olympic range, and could take a ferry back over to Seattle.

That's probably a lot more opinion than you were looking for. :lol:

An opinion well worth sharing, thank you! It does sound like a great drive. I'm gonna use The Secret to get me some fellow Seattle road trippers ... Ommmmmm

I love driving around Washington. My favorite day trip is north of Seattle, over the North Cascades Highway. There's a sign on it that says it's known as the "American Alps," and the first time you see it, you know why!

Stunningly gorgeous.

i may just bail on the mariners game and let you drive me around for a few hours :D

Ha ha, yeah, that's a great bit of Seattle tourist marketing!

Which sport are the Mariners? Baseball? I saw American football and ice hockey matches last year, that just leaves baseball and basketball to complete the sports set.

i may just bail on the mariners game and let you drive me around for a few hours :D

Only if you let me call you Miss Daisy.

Which sport are the Mariners? Baseball? I saw American football and ice hockey matches last year, that just leaves baseball and basketball to complete the sports set.

Yep! The baseball stadium is right next to Qwest Field, and there are a handful of people on Interference who are going to take in both the game and the concert.

We no longer have a pro basketball team - they packed up and moved to Oklahoma a year or two ago. We have a pro women's basketball team, though.

And we have a soccer football foot-kicking-ball-can't-use-hands team now, too - the Seattle Sounders is our new MLS team, and they're really popular among the locals. They play at Qwest Field.

Ha ha, yeah, that's a great bit of Seattle tourist marketing!

what football & hockey games did you catch?

Only if you let me call you Miss Daisy.

i'll buy you one of these:

5670.jpg

Oh, fantastic! A pre-gig baseball game sounds good. I've heard of that soccer foot kicking sport. It's not important. But if there's a match on then I might pop in to have a disdainful look.

I saw the Houston Dynamos (?) in the ice hockey, and the Chicago Bears v the St Louis Somethings in the football. The Bears match was in December when it was bloody minging cold in Chicago. But I survived! And I surprised myself by actually getting into it and enjoying it. The guy beside me gave me his Bears scarf, and his wife gave me some kind of chemical hand warmer sachets, which I was tempted to put down my (under)pants.

And we have a soccer football foot-kicking-ball-can't-use-hands team now, too

:angry:

:D I doubt there will be a MLS game. It's only WORLD CUP!!!! On the 20th Italy will play against New Zealand, and then Brazil vs Ivory Coast. I have to check how to convert the time to Seattle time. But I think they should all fall prior to the gig. A baseball game sounds good, but I'd rather go to a sports bar and watch the World Cup on a jumbo size TV. Are there places you'd recommend around downtown?

Oh, and I'd be up for a road trip too around Seattle... I'm planning to go see Mount Rainier on Friday and Saturday. Any other recommendation for scenic drive around Seattle?

Anything involving mountains makes for a great drive. :) The Olympics over on the Penninsula, Mount Rainier, the North Cascades ... it's all great stuff.

I'm sure there will be bars/pubs showing the World Cup. Try Fado, an Irish pub that's on 1st Avenue - that would be my first bet of a place downtown that will be showing matches.

:)

Stay tuned for get-together plans for Saturday night!

Although they probably won't be more than "let's meet to see the tribute band play at Owl & Thistle." :lol:

:)
Stay tuned for get-together plans for Saturday night!

The tribute band's on Saturday night?? I thought it was Sunday for some reason...

Oh and thanks for the tip about Fado. Will definitely check that out. We have a Fado in Philly too, but I've never been there. I can't believe some of these places are going to be open for the early AM matches. I forgot after time zone differences some of them are going to be at 4am/7am Pacific time. :yikes:

The concert is on Sunday night. You probably don't want to forget that. :wink:

Another pub option that I think shows all or most of the World Cup matches is the George & Dragon, which is in the Fremont neighborhood. You'd have to drive/cab/bus it there, although it's not far from downtown. A few miles.

The concert is on Sunday night. You probably don't want to forget that. :wink:

Another pub option that I think shows all or most of the World Cup matches is the George & Dragon, which is in the Fremont neighborhood. You'd have to drive/cab/bus it there, although it's not far from downtown. A few miles.

Zoo Station plays Saturday AND Sunday after the U2 concert. I am probably going Sunday...

Oh, that's right! Sorry about that.

I'll probably be too wiped to go Sunday night, but at least it's easy to get there and home from there if I change my mind. But I don't know if I'll want to hear a tribute band after seeing the real thing. ;)

If I make plans for people to gather Saturday night to hang at the Owl & Thistle and then the Zoo Station show, will people come?

I guess I should figure out what there's interest for, or if people even care about doing a little Interference get-together.

Cool. I think it'll be too hard to take a poll or something, so I'll just make an announcement of where/when we'll meet up, and whoever can come can just come. :up:

If I make plans for people to gather Saturday night to hang at the Owl & Thistle and then the Zoo Station show, will people come?

I guess I should figure out what there's interest for, or if people even care about doing a little Interference get-together.

I think I can come. I was planning to spend Thursday - Saturday in Mt Rainier area, but I just saw a picture of downtown Seattle from someone's tweet and I'm such a sucker, but I wanna spend more time in the city too, so now the way it's worked out for my hotel reservations is I'll be in the city on Saturday.

So if that stays, then yeah, I'll come to the gathering! Won't hurt to meet new (and not so new) people! :)

Zoo Station plays Saturday AND Sunday after the U2 concert. I am probably going Sunday...

No offense to Zoo Station, but won't Sunday night be kind of a let-down? U2 is kind of a hard act to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom