July 8th and 9th- Hippodrome- Montreal!! (Part 7)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of which, I should probably get around to finding tickets to the shows soon, huh?

I have no airfare, no tickets, no room... LETS DO THIS THING! :hyper: :lol:

(BTW, yes I was totally the person who started 40 page research papers the weekend before they were due in school.)

Isn't there a band you guys should be gushing over?

:wink:

Were you avoiding me in Anaheim? :eyebrow: My friend and I were looking for a very white guy with a mullet, cigarette sticking out of the side of his mouth and HUGE arm muscles, standing around scowling, but we couldn't find you anywhere.

But if I leave Montreal w/o meeting you, I'm gonna be pissed!

Oh, and after Anaheim, and polishing off a bottle of Jameson (with 3 of my friends) after night one, I'm rethinking my party strategy. Party the night I get there then rest up until after the 2nd show. Then just party until it's time to leave for the airport on the 10th.

I think we just gave him a reason NOT to do it!! :lol:

I've tried to talk him into the whole outfit, but no such luck! (chaps) :shifty:

Two weeks for me now! :hyper:

...had a dream last night that they wouldn't let me into Canada because my passport picture didn't look like me :panic: this trip shouldn't be causing me to lose sleep!

...had a dream last night that they wouldn't let me into Canada because my passport picture didn't look like me :panic: this trip shouldn't be causing me to lose sleep!

I need to locate mine. I'll need it twice. Yeah, I guess I will be sitting in the car on my way to Canada in 2 weeks time. Yikes. It seems like such a long journey to here.

I had that problem coming home from Seattle, I have lost some weight and the dude said my passport photo didn't look like me. Funny....the 3 other times I flew that same week no other security stopped me. They got 2 other people over...so it was me standing there (with about a billion travellers behind me giving me the "is she a terrorist once over") trying to look like I am fatter while 3 security officers looked at me then my photo...then back at me...then they held it up to my face and compared....Then I had to dig out my drivers license. Then they held them both up...It was hard not to giggle.

"Yeah ok, go" was finally the answer. Hilarious.
:doh:

I had that problem coming home from Seattle, I have lost some weight and the dude said my passport photo didn't look like me. Funny....the 3 other times I flew that same week no other security stopped me. They got 2 other people over...so it was me standing there (with about a billion travellers behind me giving me the "is she a terrorist once over") trying to look like I am fatter while 3 security officers looked at me then my photo...then back at me...then they held it up to my face and compared....Then I had to dig out my drivers license. Then they held them both up...It was hard not to giggle.

"Yeah ok, go" was finally the answer. Hilarious.
:doh:

There was something in the air in Seattle that weekend which seemed to make some people in uniform extra-officious. I was refused service at a beer counter at Qwest Field because I did not have a US driver's license - I had a Swiss one and it was "written in foreign". Didn't matter that 27.02.1974 was clearly my birth date and besides at 37 I can't in my wildest dreams pass as under 21 anymore!

N.B. I didn't sweat it, told her to forget it and that $9 for a Budweiser wasn;t worth fighting for and went to another counter that served decent beer where the guy didn't even card me!

Were you avoiding me in Anaheim? :eyebrow: My friend and I were looking for a very white guy with a mullet, cigarette sticking out of the side of his mouth and HUGE arm muscles, standing around scowling, but we couldn't find you anywhere.

But if I leave Montreal w/o meeting you, I'm gonna be pissed!

Ha! The blond mullet stayed home.
Interferencers found me in Anaheim (I wasn't hiding), I didn't seek out anyone except Tim because I owed him some audio.

We'll meet in Montreal, but you're coming to Minneapolis, too, right?

Just look for my Photobucket pix if you really need to see me with 'stache and beanie.

(I think I'm gonna need to punch Romi when I see him for talking me into taking the beanie pic. :wink: )

Did I meet you, Mark? I don't think so, but I can't remember. The weekend was a bit hazy :wink:

edit: LOL

second edit: jinx

Did I meet you, Mark? I don't think so, but I can't remember. The weekend was a bit hazy :wink:

edit: LOL

second edit: jinx

We met really briefly in Vegas.

I saw you walking with Laura in Anaheim, but I wasn't going to shout you over since there was the continuous stream of bullshit coming from security, and every moment was precious.

We met really briefly in Vegas.

I saw you walking with Laura in Anaheim, but I wasn't going to shout you over since there was the continuous stream of bullshit coming from security, and every moment was precious.

I remember the few minutes in Vegas... we've got to say hi in Montreal. And you can punch me anywhere you want, just not in the legs. My knees are purple right now, and I think one of them is hyperextended or worse. In Anaheim I reached down to pick up a guitar pick, and some guy must have thought it was under me. So he sat or fell on me trying to get it. Drive my elbow and knees right into that metal grating.

Aim for my face. That part is least in pain right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom