July 6th 2010 - Chicago Soldier Field

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like there's a good chance I'll be in Chicago for this show... it works out well, because I'm looking into going to UChicago for college. I need to visit the school, and this gives me an excellent excuse to do both.

and just so everyone knows, i went to the last concert with 2 friends at 12 PM and ended up with front row dead center in front of bono :wink:

How'd you manage that? What city were you in? Were you actually on the rail? Crazy! I was #70something in Phx and had to fight for the very last rail spot that was anywhere near center.

Well, yes, to some extent. But all the U2 shows I've been to, by noon, the line is AT LEAST up to 400. You can't tell me that 399 others didn't want to be front and center.

This was Chicago Soldier field on the 13th, if any of u went, i was in the second "block" of people and this guy in the back of the line and offered my friend 40 dollars to let him in (remember we are 16) so then he gets in and everyone starts screaming at us and gets the dude thrown out without 40 :angry:

i was at least 200-300 back in line and didnt sprint, i just planned it out with my friends on the specific spot to get to and how to get there. there were a lot of people confused on how to get in the circle.

this was taken on my camera phone so no zoom

get-attachment-2.jpg

LemonMelon and I are like 80% likely going (I started a thread looking for GAs, so if any of ya, ya know ;)) so, can't wait to see a few of you again and meet some of you for the first time :).

I'll be there..!! :hyper: going all by myself, but still better than not going at all..

Can't wait!

Couldn't get any GA's though.. anyone in the 104 I can say hi to? :wave:

LemonMelon and I are like 80% likely going (I started a thread looking for GAs, so if any of ya, ya know ;)) so, can't wait to see a few of you again and meet some of you for the first time :).

I am 100% going. LemonMelon's on his own ;).

It's my first time as well... I'll do some tourist stuff too...

hey, what happens if it rains before/during the concert? no rain delays like in baseball?

My first time in an outdoors concert...

Hope not to get a PPR for a concert date... I mean, an electrical storm could be hazard for electric equipment...

no?:hmm:

Where is everyone staying, by the way?

I'll be staying at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, which is the closest that I could find. I'm going to take the Metra to the show.

It's my first time as well... I'll do some tourist stuff too...

hey, what happens if it rains before/during the concert? no rain delays like in baseball?

My first time in an outdoors concert...

Hope not to get a PPR for a concert date... I mean, an electrical storm could be hazard for electric equipment...

no?:hmm:

Tickets say "rain or shine" on them... a good thing about Soldier Field is that a decent amount of seating is covered. I hated this for the rain-lacking show I saw there in September, because I couldn't see the top of the spire, but I probably would have loved it in the rain!

I'm just starting to think that this show might be a real possibility for me, so I haven't really been following it. Is there a gathering planned for the night before? Are people camping out?
Oh, and anyone know how far the Best WEstern is from the stadium - walking distance?

Just bum a ride off of me :p

I don't supposed I can convince you to drive 90 minutes north to watch the Brewers lose.

If I cared about sports I would so be there. Are you staying the night in Chicago? Wild made the hotel arrangements - I'm just gonna crash on her floor :drool: Wild, is there room for a gorilla in the bathtub?

Google map said 0.9 mile :lol:

SWEET!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom