July 3rd 2010 Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just saw a TV commerical for the U2 360 advertised for the Rogers Centre. In the promotion they said with "special guest" and then they "bleeped" or omitted it out in the commerical. :hmm: My question, any speculation yet on who the opening bands might be for that leg of the tour? It would be just great if we got the Black Eyed Peas opening for the Toronto show.

Stupid censoring :down:

I'll keep checking and post in the other thread but can someone let me know if they come across any GAs for sale? I need 2 (had meetings all morning and missed the sale) but can't pay more than face. Help a girl out if ya can peeps : plead:
lizmatthews00774 at gmail dot com

Congrats to those that got theirs and are/or first timers - you're in for a treat!

I was busy with work and couldn't get online until about noon. GA's were sold out by then. I will just wait until the day of the show and grab GA's when they release some more around noon! I was lucky enough to grab some this way for Toronto 2.

Residence Inn Downtown

Residence Inn on Wellington St. W. has rooms available for $189.00. The price is somewhat reasonable. Any opinions on this place?

I just booked my flight. :weekend:

it now feels officially official!! :hyper:

Oh wow!! You are fast! I wasn't sure if it was too early to book the flight or if the $ would come down. :hmm:

I suppose if I book the flight i should just stop looking to see if it did go down in price!

Oh wow!! You are fast! I wasn't sure if it was too early to book the flight or if the $ would come down. :hmm:

I suppose if I book the flight i should just stop looking to see if it did go down in price!

I bought now because I had the money to. Now I don't have to worry about it with the holiday's coming. I think its likely to come down, I paid $100 less for a flight in September. However, it is a holiday weekend for both countries, in the summer so it could possibly go up too. If it does go down, I hope someone buys the same flights as mine on Orbitz so I can get a refund :lol:

I was busy with work and couldn't get online until about noon. GA's were sold out by then. I will just wait until the day of the show and grab GA's when they release some more around noon! I was lucky enough to grab some this way for Toronto 2.

Please explain.

Waiting til the day of the show would give me heart failure. :panic:

I wanna live long enough to see them! lol

But if that works, that's awesome for people who are still stuck for tickets. Was there really a ticket drop the day of? I hadn't heard.

Waiting til the day of the show would give me heart failure. :panic:

I wanna live long enough to see them! lol

But if that works, that's awesome for people who are still stuck for tickets. Was there really a ticket drop the day of? I hadn't heard.

Yes, there were ticket drops the day of the concert, including in GA.

Yes, there were ticket drops the day of the concert, including in GA.

It seems there's ALWAYS ticket drops the day of (and the day before) the show. Especially in stadium concerts. I got into Toronto 1 this way. day before I bought 6 GA's on ticketmaster.ca. Drove to Toronto right after that, checked ticketmaster.ca again and there was still plenty of tickets.

Went to the venue to pick up said tickets, and people were just walking up to the window and and getting what ever they needed. Poor scalpers were stuck trying to sell their tix at a profit and couldn't :wink:.

I've heard TM does this for the very reason of hurting the scalpers.

I have some friends who swear by 'day of' ticket drops. They tend to follow U2 around this area and have never not gotten into the event.

It seems there's ALWAYS ticket drops the day of (and the day before) the show. Especially in stadium concerts. I got into Toronto 1 this way. day before I bought 6 GA's on ticketmaster.ca. Drove to Toronto right after that, checked ticketmaster.ca again and there was still plenty of tickets.

Went to the venue to pick up said tickets, and people were just walking up to the window and and getting what ever they needed. Poor scalpers were stuck trying to sell their tix at a profit and couldn't :wink:.

I've heard TM does this for the very reason of hurting the scalpers.

I have some friends who swear by 'day of' ticket drops. They tend to follow U2 around this area and have never not gotten into the event.

So...the ticket drops that occur the day before the show...they make them available via the ticketmaster website? Is it possible to buy them off the kiosks at the venue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom