July 3rd 2010 Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought tickets many times before and know that I've waited 6 months for upcoming concerts. However, I'm sure this time is the record over 8 months. Just insane! :hyper:

Hello :)

Does anyone know whether or not there are any GA tickets still available for the general sale?

I don't have U2.com membership...sadly.

P.S. Is there anyway to get around buying them on stupid ticketmaster with their insane "convenience charge"?

Don't worry, he's from a place just outside of Toronto and probably grew up a Leafs fan :)
(purely speculation on my part!)

You two wear your jerseys - I'd wear my Habs jersey but it'll be awfully hot in July. I'll wear my Habs hat instead (in avatar)

:lol: Only a Canadian thread would be derailed to talk about hockey!

Probably. If she doesn't get in touch soon, I'm going to call Walter for a reservation. :angry:

I hope she gets in touch with you soon VP

Don't worry, he's from a place just outside of Toronto and probably grew up a Leafs fan :)
(purely speculation on my part!)

You two wear your jerseys - I'd wear my Habs jersey but it'll be awfully hot in July. I'll wear my Habs hat instead (in avatar)

:lol: Only a Canadian thread would be derailed to talk about hockey!

Now we just need a Flames fan, Canucks fan, and Oilers fan and we're all set :wink:

well, i get stuck on brantford and bradford :reject: only because both towns are very similar

We're a lot bigger than Bradford. Wiki says their population is around 25,000...we're close to 100,000. I've always resented Bradford, only because any time I have to give my city name to anyone, they always go "Bradford...?" and then I have to say it again, emphasizing the NT. :angry:

VP - I always get Brantford, Brampton and Burlington mixed up :reject:

Ha! Yeah, a lot of people do. One memorable instance was after watching a concert band made up of high school students from the GTA. They were quite accomplished musicians, and actually got paid rehearse and perform with the band. We spoke to the manager during intermission, and were telling him that my daughter is a sax player, and she'd love to be in something like that. He asked where we're from and we told him. He was all "oh, we have someone from Brantford in the band, it's completely possible for her to audition and be in it!" She was beyond thrilled. Then he stopped another person with the band passing by, and asked about the other Brantford person. Turns out, they were from Brampton. She was really let down.

Cities with other B names. :madwife: :lol:

Ha! I've been thinking about that.

After TO2, my group (6 of us all together) of us ended up at Gretzky's. The bar area was crowded and really noisy, and so we asked if there was any place quieter. They took us back to this "lounge" area off of the bar, and it was perfect. We were the only ones in it, but I'm sure it would have accommodated 30 - 40 or so people, give or take. I wonder if they would be willing to reserve that. That time of the year, Gretzky's rooftop patio should be in full swing, too.

I actually suggested Gretzky's very early in the deciding process last time, but many other people seemed to want to go the Irish pub route.

Given that it'll be July, hit a patio.

Oasis on top of Gretzky's is pretty popular.

best hotel for toronto show?

I haven't been up to Toronto in several years, can anyone give me advice for a good hotel within walking distance of the Rogers Centre, and possible bars to hit afterword? I need to make reservations for the July 3 2010 show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom