July 30, 2011 - Magnetic Hill, Moncton, New Brunswick, CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Flaming_C said:
It was great meeting you as well. I hope your jacket didn't get ruined since it got tangled with our stuff.
Not at all man. I appreciated you putting it with your stuff. It started getting hot in the crowd once things got going

Aren't you forgetting something?

MUD!!

:wink:

I was still at our campsite when I posted that. I was expecting mud, but not quite to the extent it was.

From my review:
DSCN1594.jpg

I've never been so happy to have seats. And to top it off, we were in the 2nd Row and the people in front of us didn't stand up until WOWY. :lol: :rockon:
So, we were totally unobstructed.

Not at all man. I appreciated you putting it with your stuff. It started getting hot in the crowd once things got going

No problem. I just hope your girlfriend was able to see the show because about the middle of the show I was getting squeezed in my spot. As such, I was standing on my toes with one foot on the metal girder and the other food on the metal wire covers. This created difficulties for me when it came time to jump.

I've never been so happy to have seats. And to top it off, we were in the 2nd Row and the people in front of us didn't stand up until WOWY. :lol: :rockon:

While the crowd was great, the one thing that surprised me was the number of people who sat through most of the show.

While the crowd was great, the one thing that surprised me was the number of people who sat through most of the show.

We stood up, but I think the people directly in front of us thought that they could see fine while sitting, so good for them, good for us.

Well This was just an amazing end to a seminal tour and like all great things it has to end :grumpy:

I tried to capture mentally as much as I possible could from this show knowing it would be a while before I got this privilege again. My photos I'll post here can't do justice to how great this show was. I know I heard people mumbling the audience weren't great blah blah blah but maybe they're not to the level of us diehards but they still enjoyed it and made this show special!!!

Good news ! I spoke with Dallas before thw show and he said that theyre going back in the studio next month, album in 2012 and….tour 2013 :happydance: Start saving kiddies!!!!

Here are some photos I took. Friend me on facebook i think to see em all.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001640643959

Me and KEVIN051269!

189196_189066237824730_100001640643959_532024_7161742_n.jpg

I can see my tent :lol:

Well This was just an amazing end to a seminal tour and like all great things it has to end :grumpy:

I tried to capture mentally as much as I possible could from this show knowing it would be a while before I got this privilege again. My photos I'll post here can't do justice to how great this show was. I know I heard people mumbling the audience weren't great blah blah blah but maybe they're not to the level of us diehards but they still enjoyed it and made this show special!!!

Good news ! I spoke with Dallas before thw show and he said that theyre going back in the studio next month, album in 2012 and….tour 2013 :happydance: Start saving kiddies!!!!

Here are some photos I took. Friend me on facebook i think to see em all.

It's amazing how different people see things differently. I thought the crowd was amazing and did every move that Bono asked of them. Each time he raised his hands or started a clap or a chant the crowd was right there with him (or that was my perspective). Seeing the sea of people in the GA and the stands doing the clap during ISHFWILF brought me to tears.

Yeah, I looked around a lot (often right at Rosa! :wink: ), and from what I could see, the grandstands behind the stage and on Adam's side were really into it.

I couldn't see very well back into the field crowd from my perspective. I was really curious to see how into Arcade Fire the crowd was.

I couldn't see very well back into the field crowd from my perspective. I was really curious to see how into Arcade Fire the crowd was.

That's what I noted in my review. From the soundbooth to the pit, people were pretty into them, but not outside of there so much, at least until Rebellion.
:shrug:

I was hoping for a more rabid response, but I got my hopes up too high. I love AF, but a number of people we talked to had never heard of them.

It's amazing how different people see things differently. I thought the crowd was amazing and did every move that Bono asked of them.

Thats why it is so integral that ppl see this show from different perspectives. I regret not seeing them in the stands at least once. The tour pictures I enjoy the most is when the photographer moves around the stadium and takes photos from different angles. The 360 stage begs that people do that.

Yeah, I looked around a lot (often right at Rosa! :wink: ), and from what I could see, the grandstands behind the stage and on Adam's side were really into it.

I still laugh thinking about your expressions at the end when they started OOC and then 40. You sure as hell looked happy.

I was glad that I saw you in the pit since I had been thinking since the previous day how you had made out with your tent and camping experience.

The tent stayed packed away in my suitcase. I ended up staying in Fredericton Friday night (I couldn't drive any further that evening), and slept in the backseat with my sleeping bag Saturday.

So yeah, camping was awesome. :wink:

And oh yeah. Man, was I happy. Thanks, U2! :love:

Thats why it is so integral that ppl see this show from different perspectives. I regret not seeing them in the stands at least once.

Couldn't agree more. I saw 360 shows from all sides in GA and the stands.

The tour pictures I enjoy the most is when the photographer moves around the stadium and takes photos from different angles. The 360 stage begs that people do that.

This was totally my intention in Mpls. with my DSLR, but the rain and crowded GA completely killed that idea. :angry:
Great show though, just with a mostly useless camera around my neck in my jacket.

I was still at our campsite when I posted that. I was expecting mud, but not quite to the extent it was.

From my review:
DSCN1594.jpg

Great mud photo :lol: Walking back I've never been so happy on a footwear decision. (wore rain boots) I saw so many abandoned shoes, flip-flops, etc stuck in that mud on my way up the hill.

:wave: Thanks for sending your pics! Love that B & L were taking in AF and the Bono bum shots! :sexywink:

I stopped at the farmers market after work this evening and bought tomatoes that came from a farm in Monkton, Maryland :sad:

I thought there was only one Moncton, Now it doesnt feel so special :p Did the photobucket pics appear ok?

I can see my tent :lol:

I bet you can't see our car though.....?

We parked up on the friday afternoon and dumped the tent etc, but didn't move the car around to the parking section. We thought no-one will know who's car it is and what's gonna happen to it anyhow?

Packing up the tent on Sunday morning, I turned to Brendan "Dude, where's our car?", in it was only laptop, ipad, passports, credit cards, flight details, hotel reservations, nothing too important and so we didn't panic too much:scream:

After a heated discussion with the campsite owner, he managed to 'find out':angry: that a tow company had took our car on friday night into downtown.

All ended up good about 3 hours later when Brendan returned with our chariot with all intact.

The campsite owner said he would take care of the tow fee:hmm:

Hi Kevin :wave: Nice meeting you at the Old Triangle.

I bet you can't see our car though.....?

After a heated discussion with the campsite owner, he managed to 'find out':angry: that a tow company had took our car on friday night into downtown.

You guys had quite the bit of drama this weekend! And Brendan told me about the guy with your ticket who couldn't be arsed to come out in the rain to give it to you!

The campsite owner said he would take care of the tow fee:hmm:

Don't you just LOVE Canadians?!

Well it's spelled differently but I just had to stop, stare and chuckle...

I got through most of your pics. Still not caught up on sleep!!

Sleep? That's what caffeine tablets help you fix. The only problem is you gottsa keep taking them!

You seen the vid of me being interviewed yet?

I would posit that it is silly to leave your car in an unmarked area with valuable possessions in it.

I would gladly leave my car like this just about anywhere in Canada versus out in front of my house.

:)hmm: yet another reason I should move to Canada?)

Guess who was in the pit during Arcade Fire.

The Edge! He of course was on Edges side.

Here are some photos from N.B. Still can't rid the pics of shaky cam syndrome.

Monc -tung Baby

Looking at your pictures was like playing "Where's Waldo". Somehow a bunch of my family and friends came at different times but we all got in the same area in the pit (basically in front and behind from where you took the pics).

You can see me in this one: All sizes | Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I'm the one with the cuban style hat right by my friend with the bright yellow, red, and blue toque.

Edit: 3 more of my friends in this picture: http://www.flickr.com/photos/65923580@N03/6003581307/in/set-72157627344423676

I'm getting a kick out of this!

Back
Top Bottom