July 30, 2011 - Magnetic Hill, Moncton, NB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to be a little paranoid about that many people in GA. That's crazy! :crack:

But I should be getting there early enough that I can kind of scope out the situation. I'm assuming there'll be a line like other venues before they open the gates, and I'll either join it or just hang back to go on the hill and party in the back.

I have a seat behind the stage for sale that I have discounted. :)

Thanks.

If I'm going to be a wimp and have d-bag seats, for the last show I want to see it from the front. I did behind the stage for the Rose Bowl. While it was cool to see everyone out in front of the stage bouncing and waving, at least for me, I don't want to be behind the stage for another show.

Yeah, I'm waffling. I kind of feel the same way, but with the cost of getting out there, I don't know that I can splurge on a d-bag seat. Especially if I might not even use it.

Also, there are GAs still available on Ticketmaster.ca.

I understand. I actually enjoyed my view from behind the stage at Anaheim 1. I have seen this show pretty much in all angles of the stadium, from the nose bleeds to the rail in GA. I have been happy pretty much everywhere. My only complaint about Anaheim 1 was that I had a lot of friends in the GA , so I was jealous that I was not able to hang out with them, but night 2 made up for that. :)

Yeah, I made sure to see this show from each side.

I know GA operations vary greatly from city to city, and Moncton might have it down to a science, but I think at this point I'm less interested in rolling with whatever happens. And, Heather absolutely hates being in a crowd. If she's not on a rail somewhere on the field, she not standing in GA.

My hope - okay prayer, and are you listening God, it's me Amy - is that because it is so remote that it will draw most U2 fans that won't be jerks, won't drink to vomiting and will be cool in GA. Or it is my hope that people bought tickets in a freak-out when they went on sale (like me) but then decide that it is impossible to get there. So, that 100K will be less, and even less on the 'floor' (or grass or mud). I know getting out of there will be a brand new level of hell.

Is the GA area terraced like other ampitheaters? Flat toward the front and then maybe a grassy terraced hill or something toward the back?

I'm hoping for this!

... hang back to go on the hill and party in the back.

This is what I'm planning on I think. I don't want to stress this one, and that sounds like the way for me to end this amazing ride 360 was for me. :heart::sad::hug::love::wave:

Haven't checked in in weeks! Seems like there're new peeps hereabouts. :)

Is anyone else interested in going to see puffins and whales and stuff? And it appears Maine has tons of beautiful nature places along the coast...it'd be great to walk around a teeny bit, at least drive that scenic route... Well, would you have space for another person too/want to split a car & whatnot?

Oh! Well, "hmm" indeed, then. Uh...maybe flying to New York first would be cheapest? Or somewhere on the west coast. idek...

Yeah. Melbourne (not the Florida one), -> LA -> Montreal -> Moncton.

I seemingly can afford this now, but Its an awful lot of money to blow on such a thing.

"Not the Florida one"! I loled.

Well...I'd totally go to Australia to see U2 if I had the money, so I have nothing but encouragement for you. ;D

My hope - okay prayer, and are you listening God, it's me Amy - is that because it is so remote that it will draw most U2 fans that won't be jerks, won't drink to vomiting and will be cool in GA. Or it is my hope that people bought tickets in a freak-out when they went on sale (like me) but then decide that it is impossible to get there. So, that 100K will be less, and even less on the 'floor' (or grass or mud). I know getting out of there will be a brand new level of hell.

I dont want to be a debbie downer, but I wouldnt get your hopes up for that too much. judging by things Ive read online, this is basically a huge party for the Maritimes and the local people will go regardless of who is playing just for the party.

the concert camping website is one indicator for that, but Ive also read comments on news articles from local sources when the show was announced and the comments say something to the effect of "....Id be going to party either way, but its awesome that its U2/Arcade Fire" or "Im just going for the party, but I wish it was somebody other than U2...."

maybe some of our locals on here can say what the general consensus has been on the previous festivals.

I dont want to be a debbie downer, but I wouldnt get your hopes up for that too much. judging by things Ive read online, this is basically a huge party for the Maritimes and the local people will go regardless of who is playing just for the party.

the concert camping website is one indicator for that, but Ive also read comments on news articles from local sources when the show was announced and the comments say something to the effect of "....Id be going to party either way, but its awesome that its U2/Arcade Fire" or "Im just going for the party, but I wish it was somebody other than U2...."

maybe some of our locals on here can say what the general consensus has been on the previous festivals.

Grabbed seats off StubHub at face value. :up:

That makes me want to hop in line to be among actual U2 fans, rather than the people just there for the party, who I'm guessing will be in the back. :wink:

Grabbed seats off StubHub at face value. :up:

I'm hoping Row 2 of the Grandstands (GS3 Sect3) is high enough off the ground to see over the crowd.

I feel like a loser for going for seats, but without knowing what the conditions will be like camping and all, I think I need a little certainty.

I haven't read through these 30 pages yet since I just decided to go to this show last week, but is anyone familiar enough with the area to know what the weather might be like by the end of the month?

Also wonder if there's any possibility of a Spider-man song... not necessarily from U2! :wink:

Oh yeah, good call. If need be, I'll have my mom (an Avon lady!) stock me up with some Skin So Soft. :wink:

:lol:

If I could keep booking flights on the same airlines, yes.

Hey, I've only added two extra shows (Anaheim and Moncton) to the two I had been planning on since their announcements (Minneapolis and Seattle, which is my hometown show, so I don't need to travel).

I've got NOTHING on some of these fans. :wink:

Oh yeah, good call. If need be, I'll have my mom (an Avon lady!) stock me up with some Skin So Soft. :wink:

I just sprayed the rest of a bottle of SSS around my front door after an army of ants came in today to get something my daughter spilled last night. :up:

Can't remember if I've ever actually used it on myself though. :hmm: What works best do you guys think to keep bugs off? Cori does the SSS lotion work in that regard? Or do you need the heavier duty actual stuff?

I just sprayed the rest of a bottle of SSS around my front door after an army of ants came in today to get something my daughter spilled last night. :up:

Can't remember if I've ever actually used it on myself though. :hmm: What works best do you guys think to keep bugs off? Cori does the SSS lotion work in that regard? Or do you need the heavier duty actual stuff?

I've been happy with stuff that has Picaridin in it. It does not have the gross feel of DEET. But, it doesn't last as long as DEET stuff either.

For after bite itching, Campho-Phenique is the only way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom