July 30, 2011 - Magnetic Hill, Moncton, NB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this sale ends Friday June 24. Get on it. From Montreal to Moncton is 17 hours and $106.00.

That is a fine sale and all but for me this trip is officially out. I cannot justify all additional $$$ which is in the $600-$800 (flight to Canada is at min. $500, flight to a US city $300+$300 for car rental) just for 48 hours. I tried and tried but I cannot make it work. To everyone going, have fun.

I have a GA that I cannot move to save my life. If anyone in here knows of any one who needs one, please send them my way. I have discounted the f'er and still no bites.

This venue is hard to get to. Because it is a small town with little amneties i seriosuly suggest that out of towners get a tent and sleeping bag.

I don't reallly see any other way.

Even if you discrettly camp on a park grounds on the outskirts no one will be the wiser.

There is a camp ground called Concert Camping which is next to the site.

U2 Concert Camping - Accommodations for July 30th, 2011

Also, personal wipes/baby wipes go a long way toward feeling more human when camping. :up:

For sure! This campground also has showers to rent for $10, in case the wipes are no longer doing the trick. ;)

Cori, how did you get the camping pass? I'm wondering where to park if I get there at 6am.

My friend who had the spare GA to sell also had a spare camping pass. :)

Thats the Spirit!

I am SO not a camping person, but for this, I will sleep in my car for a night or two. I'll make it work.

On the drive up from Boston, I'll try and find a drugstore where I can find a cheap chair and maybe a styrofoam cooler to have with me, and then I can give them away or something after the concert.

I live in the Pacific Northwest, so I'm surrounded by outdoorsy people. Maybe it'll rub off one of these days. ;)

I enjoy the outdoors, enjoy beautiful scenery. I just prefer to enjoy it during the day, and return to my home at night. :wink:

That is a fine sale and all but for me this trip is officially out. I cannot justify all additional $$$ which is in the $600-$800 (flight to Canada is at min. $500, flight to a US city $300+$300 for car rental) just for 48 hours. I tried and tried but I cannot make it work. To everyone going, have fun.

I have a GA that I cannot move to save my life. If anyone in here knows of any one who needs one, please send them my way. I have discounted the f'er and still no bites.

It sucks you can't make it work. :down:
I won't pester you with thoughts of hitching a ride with someone. You've already thought of that.

I'm keeping an ear open for a guy that I met at Anaheim 2. If he decides to go, I'll direct him your way or do it for him.

This venue is hard to get to. Because it is a small town with little amneties i seriosuly suggest that out of towners get a tent and sleeping bag.

Even if you discrettly camp on a park grounds on the outskirts no one will be the wiser.

That might be where I park in the dead of the night before dawn. There is no way I can camp it. I'm coming in a Matrix with a friend who loves U2 but will not be up for camping. Any non-camping advice you can offer will be a big help. Because, I think I'm starting to hyperventilate.

That seems like a good place, slightly closer to the concert grounds than Camper's City. :hmm: I should switch.

I'm getting a kick out of fellow interferencers calling this concert's location "remote" as it's the only concert of U2's that won't require 9 hours or more to get to!

:wave:

It's great that it's finally a "close" show for a bunch of people. :)

But yeah, you're pretty damned remote. :wink:

I'm looking forward to seeing that part of the US and Canada, even if it's at high speed from a moving car. :wink:

Uh, sorry I didn't click on the link. Duh. Under this blonde is more blonde. There is parking there. I think I will purchase a parking pass. Thanks. :wave:

I will most definitely be paying 10$ to use the showers. More than once. I cannot deal with being sticky and grungy :lol:

I will most definitely be paying 10$ to use the showers. More than once. I cannot deal with being sticky and grungy :lol:

I remember being annoyed that showers cost 50 cents at a NZ campground, and that was in Kiwi dollars when they were worth slightly more than toilet paper.

For $10 I better get souvenir flip-flops and a towel. :D

I'll rent a shower if I end up making the entire drive in one day and camp there Friday night. Two days with wet wipes? Pass. But otherwise I'll have a long, luxurious shower in whatever motel I end up in Friday night.

Hi everyone. I'm a lurker here and after watching videos of tonight's Glastonbury performance I've decided that I NEED to go to this show. Somehow.

I live in St. Catharines, Ontario (near Niagara Falls & Toronto.) Any advice? Anywhere I should look for tickets? Anyone from around here crazy enough to drive and need someone else to help pay for gas?

I know I'm grasping at straws here, but I need to make this work. I'll be seeing them in Toronto, and usually the Toronto shows are enough for me, but I want to be at this one so badly. The fact that it's the last show... the open field... the knowledge that so many hardcore fans will be there, as well as people who may have never seen them... Arcade friggin' Fire opening... I- I just gotta do it somehow. :)

Sounds like there are seated tickets available on Ticketmaster, but it seems like a lot of people have GAs up for grabs. A lot of people have ditched the show because it's so hard to get to.

But yeah, good luck - that was pretty much my feeling after getting back from Anaheim. I NEED TO GO TO THIS SHOW.

Final show. ARCADE FIRE. zomg.

I have relented now I'm going to Montreal & Toronto instead and I have 4 seats in GS5 (behind & very near the stage, Edge's side) for sale for face value $37.25 each - although I am selling through a ticket resale website as through them I can ship it by UPS much cheaper than if I try to send it myself from Switzerland (UPS here want about $100 whereas these guys have a deal with UPS which is a fraction of that). So PM me for details if interested. Or I can hand over for cash in Montreal or Toronto.

Is the GA area terraced like other ampitheaters? Flat toward the front and then maybe a grassy terraced hill or something toward the back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom