July 30, 2011 - Magnetic Hill, Moncton, NB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, yeah, I wrote down tons of campground locations (for sleeping in the car somewhere safe & maybe pretty). :/ As long as I have my carpool though, should be more fun than anything else. :)

Has any one done the concert camping right at magnetic hill?
Looking into possibly renting an rv and any tips would be appreciated

I dont think there are hook up services on that lot. They have showers to rent it says. seems like its an open field that is only used as camping when there are music festivals.

I called Campers City and they were full and required 3 nights. They put me on a waiting list and I ended up getting contacted that there was an opening. but at 3 nights for a tent is the same as 1 night in the B&B that I was able to get down by Hopewell Rocks.

I also called Stonehurst camping and they are full too, but they gave me the number for somebody that is using their land as a camp site (much like concert camping with no facilities or hook ups, but much smaller). I got in there for $40 for the one night. No reservations or money up front. just a name on the list. I figure I will see what parking is going for in the lots but I know Im locked in at $40 there and it was close to the entrance.

So it's time to start planning getting to Moncton from Pittsburgh. There are cheap flights to Manchester, New Hampshire. Will anybody be driving through / past there with space for one more? Gas / coffee / chocolate costs covered obviously!

So it's time to start planning getting to Moncton from Pittsburgh. There are cheap flights to Manchester, New Hampshire. Will anybody be driving through / past there with space for one more? Gas / coffee / chocolate costs covered obviously!

Sent PM. Me and Anthony are driving from PA to Moncton....More importantly are you covering the Poutine?

I'll be rolling up from Boston on July 29. We're staying in Fredericton, but I think I want to check out the stadium before going to the hotel.

For those interested, the Hopewell Rocks and Fundy National Park are within an hour or so of Moncton. If you go to the Hopewell Rocks, visit the beautiful nearby Cape Enrage Lighthouse.

Hope you all have a great time in my home of New Brunswick!

:applaud:

I was going to go to this show but stuff fell through and I had to sell my tickets. I went to Memramcook 3 years ago to do genealogy research with my mom, and we ended up meeting a 4th cousin of hers from Albert County. This cousin's granddaughter is getting married in NB the same day as the concert :ohmy: :huh: needless to say, there is nowhere for the guests to stay!

I'm considering adding this show, but I will also need a ride up to Moncton (and a place to stay!). If anyone else has room in their car (or wants to split the cost of a rental) and/or hotel, please let me know. The logistics of this show are tough, but I really want to go.

I'm going to be coming from Pittsburgh, but I can fly into Manchester, NH if necessary.

I am thinking about adding it back BUT I have to figure out the costs. Right now it is cheaper for me to fly into Portland ($300 RT) but the rental will be $300 for the F-Monday time period. I will also need to consider lodging, since there are no open places in Moncton, I would have to think about staying in St. John's. This really is a pain in the ass.

Does anyone know the status of RV sites in the area? All booked?

I'm going to give this a look since this could be a total blast to U2RV-it up to Moncton.

I am thinking about adding it back BUT I have to figure out the costs. Right now it is cheaper for me to fly into Portland ($300 RT) but the rental will be $300 for the F-Monday time period. I will also need to consider lodging, since there are no open places in Moncton, I would have to think about staying in St. John's. This really is a pain in the ass.
Look into Fredericton. That's where I am. 2 hours from Moncton. I'm not psyched, but I've never seen the last show of a tour. I think(hope) it will be special.
And if they announce one more leg - I'm breaking all of theirs!

Oh, Canada! :love:

Okay, so I read back through the thread. 100,000 .... uh .... zomg. Has it sold out? Does anybody know if that is the actual estimated total? That's insane.

I'm flying into Boston on a red-eye ( :crack: ), landing Friday morning. Driving either part of the way and finding a motel to crash in near the border, or if I can make it all the way to Moncton in one day, great. Otherwise, will finish the last few hours Saturday morning.

I have a camping pass and will just be camping in my car, either Friday and Saturday night, or just Saturday night. I want to be there fairly early in the day on Saturday to avoid any traffic back-up and just to see what the situation is (do I want to line up, do I want to go nap and just show up again later?).

I'm just trying to wrap my brain around 100,000 with 70,000 being in GA. How does that even work? Are most of those people camping in the area? Sounds like hotels are few and far between. Do Canadians just drive home after shows, even if they're two provinces away? :wink:

I'm also going to bring my own toilet paper. You know, just in case. :shifty:

Oh, and am I understanding correctly that this campground where kramwest is staying - that's within walking/staggering distance from the venue?

The closest City to stay in if Moncton is full is SAINT JOHN. St John's is in another province, Newfoundland, and about 600 miles away over the ocean!

Saint John is about an hour's drive from the concert, and couldn't be easier, they are both on the same highway. There are lots of hotels in the Saint John area, although I don't know how full they are. There is lots to do here as well, it is the most metropolotan City in New Brunswick with a beautiful urban core full of interesting shops, restaurants and heritage buildings. Great waterfront too.
I love in Saint John and we're probably just driving home following the show, couldn't be easier. Also, the first time I can say that about a U2 show - usually we're so far from home to see them! :D

Okay, so I read back through the thread. 100,000 .... uh .... zomg. Has it sold out? Does anybody know if that is the actual estimated total? That's insane.

I'm flying into Boston on a red-eye ( :crack: ), landing Friday morning. Driving either part of the way and finding a motel to crash in near the border, or if I can make it all the way to Moncton in one day, great. Otherwise, will finish the last few hours Saturday morning.

I have a camping pass and will just be camping in my car, either Friday and Saturday night, or just Saturday night. I want to be there fairly early in the day on Saturday to avoid any traffic back-up and just to see what the situation is (do I want to line up, do I want to go nap and just show up again later?).

I'm just trying to wrap my brain around 100,000 with 70,000 being in GA. How does that even work? Are most of those people camping in the area? Sounds like hotels are few and far between. Do Canadians just drive home after shows, even if they're two provinces away? :wink:

Oh, and am I understanding correctly that this campground where kramwest is staying - that's within walking/staggering distance from the venue?

Awesome!

Camper's City looks to be fairly close to the concert grounds with what looks like a walking/hiking path there. I checked it out on Google maps satellite view when I was scoping out the area.

Also, personal wipes/baby wipes go a long way toward feeling more human when camping. :up:

Holy Jesus. That many are going. I feel faint. Might have to set my alarm earlier since I have a 2 hour drive. Cori, how did you get the camping pass? I'm wondering where to park if I get there at 6am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom