July 24, 25, 27 - Croke Park - All Dublin Tour Dates Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That'll give you a list of hotels within 2 miles of Croke Park (In my mind that's easily walkable but you might want closer)

I alluded to this earlier, and what replies I got seemed positive, but (unconcerned with distance) - how SAFE will it be walking back 2 miles to a hotel after the concert? Any areas we should avoid, or that would require a walk through some bad areas of town?

i found a hotel.. and booked it..

go to hotels.ie (mentioned by irishteen :hug: thanks!) found a hotel .68 miles from Croke Park at a good rate too.

ahem, one4u2 why aren't you on AIM woman!:angry:

I alluded to this earlier, and what replies I got seemed positive, but (unconcerned with distance) - how SAFE will it be walking back 2 miles to a hotel after the concert? Any areas we should avoid, or that would require a walk through some bad areas of town?

That area is fairly safe, especially if you had a hotel around the city centre it shouldn't be too bad. Especially with the huge crowds at the concert, I can't imagine anything bad happening

4 concerts in Dublin?

Anyone noticed the "big gap" in the tour schedule between Croke Park 24/25 July and the next concert in Gothenburg 31 July? I know Hot Press magazine expects 3 concerts 24,25 and 27 July. But would it be possbible that there will be a 4th one on 28 july?

When's the last time U2 ever did 3+ gigs in Dublin on one tour, you'd have to go back to Lovetown?.....

I suppose its possible if demand for the first three shows is massive.

When's the last time U2 ever did 3+ gigs in Dublin on one tour, you'd have to go back to Lovetown?.....

I suppose its possible if demand for the first three shows is massive.

Yep. Last time U2 did four gigs in Ireland, let alone Dublin, was Lovetown. ZooTV had 2 in Dublin and 1 in Cork; Popmart had 2 in Dublin and 1 in Belfast; Elevation had 2 at Slane; Vertigo had 3 in Dublin.

They could easily sell out four shows. Only thing is, they need to get special permission for the third already, as it exceeds Croke's annual amount of permitted concerts.

Yep. Last time U2 did four gigs in Ireland, let alone Dublin, was Lovetown. ZooTV had 2 in Dublin and 1 in Cork; Popmart had 2 in Dublin and 1 in Belfast; Elevation had 2 at Slane; Vertigo had 3 in Dublin.

They could easily sell out four shows. Only thing is, they need to get special permission for the third already, as it exceeds Croke's annual amount of permitted concerts.

according to Croke Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia there have been 3 concerts in 2008, for 2009 already 3 anounced (Take That on 13 june, and both U2 dates).

Concerts
Past concerts

Date Artist
29. June 1985 U2
27. June 1987 U2
28. June 1987 U2
28. June 1996 Tina Turner
18. May 1997 Garth Brooks
21. June 2003 U2
24. June 2005 U2
25. June 2005 U2
27. June 2005 U2
20. May 2006 Bon Jovi
29. July 2006 Billy Joel
6. October 2007 The Police
30. May 2008 Celine Dion
1. June 2008 Westlife
14. June 2008 Neil Diamond

Upcoming concerts

Date Artist
13. June 2009 Take That
24. July 2009 U2

Anyone noticed the "big gap" in the tour schedule between Croke Park 24/25 July and the next concert in Gothenburg 31 July? I know Hot Press magazine expects 3 concerts 24,25 and 27 July. But would it be possbible that there will be a 4th one on 28 july?

There is still some hope that they will do the Belgian gig on the 28th, as so many media have announced here. Imagine the big dissapointment when Belgium wasn't on the list...
Werchter-manager Schuermans is still working on it...

Who says they have to play Croke for the 3rd and 4th Irish shows?

I seemed to rmemeber the venue jacking their rates for the final u2 show is 2005.

U2 have announced two concerts at Croke Park on Friday 24 July and Saturday 25 July.

Tickets priced 33.60, 59.80, 91.50 and 131.50 (including booking fee) go on sale next Friday 20 March at 08:00 and are limited to six per person/transaction.

From ticketmaster.ie

So that's nice, the most expensive tickets are about 30 euros cheaper than here in Holland!

well I live in the north of Ireland and here the tickets are from the price range of £33
£55, then £130

As 131 Euro is the top price then I would say that for this you will get the best seats usually in the lower tier down the side of the stage.

I hope I get those for one night..$168 dollars not bad considering what I spent last tour :happy:

Buying tickets for Dublin this Friday discussion :)

Hey,

I am planning on physically queueing for tickets in Dublin this Friday to get tickets for the Croke Park shows. Does anyone know what Ticketmaster agent is the best place to queue at in Dublin (i.e. a good number of Ticketmaster machines, possibly not that massive queues expected)? Also, can we expect an all night wait again do you think? That's what I am preparing for anyway, got my fold-out chair and flask ready :D

I am planning on going to 24th and 25th... using my presale code for one of these and hopefully trading for the opposite date. I want to do 24th seated and 25th GA (hopefully dressed as Macphisto:hyper:)

Which one should I buy in the hop of trading? Some on here have said Saturdays are higher demand, so I should try for that one?

I'm not sure if I should go with queueing up or sign up to U2.com and try my luck in the presale and trade two tickets...I'll probably end up queueing, I don't think I could afford the extra forty. Unless anyone will have two spare GAs for both nights they're willing to sell? :wink:

Picture of venue for Croke Park
12464s_a.gif

I'm not sure if I should go with queueing up or sign up to U2.com and try my luck in the presale and trade two tickets...I'll probably end up queueing, I don't think I could afford the extra forty. Unless anyone will have two spare GAs for both nights they're willing to sell? :wink:

Picture of venue for Croke Park
12464s_a.gif

Is that entire area of green GA :crack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom