July 2, 2011 Vanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, TN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Claw in Nashville

Went inside Vanderbilt Stadium today and got a picture of the claw. It is huge! (and beautiful)

For those of you going to the show tomorrow, photo was taken from section F about half way up. Doesn't look like there will be a bad seat in the house!

270767_235911099766897_100000440273812_869104_2020164_s.jpg

my ticket says that the show beings at 7:00pm. is that right? based on other shows i've seen, that seems about an hour early for the opening act to take the stage. has the opening act been coming on right at 7:00pm?

For those "on the ground" already, do you see any ideas for parking? With the stadium sitting in the middle of a university campus, I'm thinking parking will be tricky. Heck, it's always hard to come by around West End.

I'm driving up Sat. morning. I'll also be looking for a GA ticket, if anyone has an extra. I'm probably going to be wearing a Rattle & Hum t-shirt and olive green shorts ;) Shout me down!

Went inside Vanderbilt Stadium today and got a picture of the claw. It is huge! (and beautiful)

For those of you going to the show tomorrow, photo was taken from section F about half way up. Doesn't look like there will be a bad seat in the house!

270767_235911099766897_100000440273812_869104_2020164_s.jpg

can you get the picture any larger? I am in section E row 5 and wonder what it will be like there.

Section E seats

can you get the picture any larger? I am in section E row 5 and wonder what it will be like there.

Sorry- not very computer savvy. But I did notice today that the leg that is closest to you in the picture is half way between section D and E. So your tickets should be pretty close to even with the front of the stage. Nice!

Parking

For those "on the ground" already, do you see any ideas for parking? With the stadium sitting in the middle of a university campus, I'm thinking parking will be tricky. Heck, it's always hard to come by around West End.

I'm driving up Sat. morning. I'll also be looking for a GA ticket, if anyone has an extra. I'm probably going to be wearing a Rattle & Hum t-shirt and olive green shorts ;) Shout me down!

I went and scouted things out today. I'm going to try and park in the 25th Ave Parking garage. You can turn onto 25th Ave off of West End and it's across from the baseball field. There may be better places, but I'm going to give this one a shot.

I went and scouted things out today. I'm going to try and park in the 25th Ave Parking garage. You can turn onto 25th Ave off of West End and it's across from the baseball field. There may be better places, but I'm going to give this one a shot.

After a short stop at Tootsies, of course.

quick favour from anyone in the marriott - someone on i think level 12 of the holiday sounded like they were chaining something to their balcony railing on the stadium side.

closest room to the marriott. anyone able to say what it is/was?

i could go downstairs and look, but i cbf.

I'm in Row 7, Seat 25! :lol:

Good news, I'm only 5' 4", so you should have no problem seeing over me :).

Fantastic! I'll be sitting alone so it will be great to have an Interferencer right there. I promise not to spill anything on you or to pull your hair when I get excited. :wink:

My friends call me Martha btw.

I'm sitting at Starbucks near Vandy and so happy to be here and not in the GA line. Going to scope out the parking situation in a bit.

Thanks!

my ticket says that the show beings at 7:00pm. is that right? based on other shows i've seen, that seems about an hour early for the opening act to take the stage. has the opening act been coming on right at 7:00pm?

Not right at 7pm but shortly after. At least for Lenny Kravits, it took them over an hour to strike Lenny's stuff and set the U2 set.

I heard (on fb) that there was a kerfuffle in the line. I guess there were some campers who didn't know about the "get a number and go back to your hotel" system so they set up camp last night. Then I guess the two groups had to merge this morning. :shrug:

anyone know what parking is like in the Natchez trace/Vanderbilt way parking lot? will beheading in from Franklin TN area in about an hour.

FYI Natchez is closed from Blakemore to stadium, parking is $30 bucks in those lots and had plenty of spaces at noon. Parking is $40 at Holiday Inn.

Thanks heavens for this Marriott! Although my room isn't facing the stadium :angry:

Still nice to just step outside and hear soundcheck. Where is everyone hanging in here? The bar?

Really dumb, but somewhat interesting question.

Will they serve beer?:hmm: It's an SEC facility and on campus. I know SEC is pretty strict on alcohol sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom