July 2, 2011 Vanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, TN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always sat down as soon as I get my GA or Red Zone spot and don't stand up for good until the opening act starts. I'd rather be inside and wait, knowing I've got the best spot I can get, rather than stressing about it outside.

Another hint to stay cool. If you don't have one of the neck ties with crystals that you can soak, just were a regular bandana around your neck and keep putting water on it. It really helps.

Howdy and good morning! Is the GA line sign-up still at the Holiday Inn on Natchez? We're on our way...getting into town around noon.

I was thinking of checking the sporting goods store to see if it had one of these:

Frogg Toggs Chilly Pad - Dick's Sporting Goods

I wish I had thought of that a few weeks ago and ordered it online - no way it would get here in time if I ordered it today :(

If you are near a Hibbett Sporting Goods store (they are located all over the southeast), they have these Frogg Toggs Chilly Pads on sale, Buy 1, Get one 50% off (regular price of $12.99, so you get 2 for $20.50). Also, Dick's and Academy Sports & Outdoors have them in-store, at least in the Birmingham area.

~U2Alabama

Nashville GA has started, on Natchez Trace between Holiday Inn and Marriott. You muust be here in person to get on thelist (no getting numbers for friends). After get number, must check in once in person on Friday anytime. Then on Saturday morning must be in line by 5 am for roll call (if not there will get crossed off).

Btw, cops are being difficult so we may have to move the line to wendy's next to holiday inn.

Thanks!! :)

We're driving up this afternoon and staying with a friend tonight. Do we need to come by there first, then get back to the GA line by 5 AM tomorrow, or if we sign up for the GA line today, do we have to spend the night there in line?

~U2Alabama

I just found another pre-show:

Friday, July 1 · 6:00pm - 10:00pm
1810 Columbia Avenue
Created By
J.P. Robinson, Matthew Chapman, Casey CornettShow all (5)
More Info
When J.P. Robinson heard that U2 were coming back to Nashville for the first time since 1981, an idea was born. What if to celebrate their return, he assembled a band of great friends, players and U2 fans and put on a concert of U2 covers on the eve of their show? He shared the plan with bassist Matthew Chapman who added a fantastic twist--to make the concert "A Musical History Of U2", playing selections from every album in chronological order. So that's what you get on Friday, July 1st---over 23 songs spanning U2's 35 year career (from "Boy" to "No Line On The Horizon")! The band consists of:

Lead Vocals: David Emerson
Guitar/Vocals: J.P. Robinson
Guitar/Keys/Vocals: Casey Cornett
Guitar/Keys/Percussion/Vocals: Ryan Sutton
Bass/Vocals: Matthew Chapman
Drums: Chad Coombs

There is a suggested donation of $10, with all proceeds going to support the Robinson family's new mission with the Mbale Mission Team in Mbale, Uganda. You can learn more about it at:

http://robinsonsonmission.com/

J.P. and Jill will have recently returned from a survey trip to Mbale and will briefly share what they learned regarding their involvement with the team over the next 2 years.

Music may be the headliner, but we'll have stuff for the whole family! David Braud and his Flashtastic Photobooth will be on hand to deliver some sweet shots--free of charge! It's our way of saying "thank you" for your support! Check out some of his work on his website:

http://www.flashtasticphotobooth.com/Flashtastic_Photo_Booth___Home.html

This WILL rock! Come out and show your support AND celebrate the return of rock Legends U2!

Doors open at 6, show starts at 7 SHARP!

Hope to see you there!

We're driving up this afternoon and staying with a friend tonight. Do we need to come by there first, then get back to the GA line by 5 AM tomorrow, or if we sign up for the GA line today, do we have to spend the night there in line?

~U2Alabama

Come to line and get a number, then come back at 5am saturday morning. No need to camp overnite.

Howdy and good morning! Is the GA line sign-up still at the Holiday Inn on Natchez? We're on our way...getting into town around noon.

Line is on Natchez behind holiday inn and in front of Marriott, across the street from a Wendy's.

I just found another pre-show:

Friday, July 1 · 6:00pm - 10:00pm
1810 Columbia Avenue
Created By
J.P. Robinson, Matthew Chapman, Casey CornettShow all (5)
More Info
When J.P. Robinson heard that U2 were coming back to Nashville for the first time since 1981, an idea was born. What if to celebrate their return, he assembled a band of great friends, players and U2 fans and put on a concert of U2 covers on the eve of their show? He shared the plan with bassist Matthew Chapman who added a fantastic twist--to make the concert "A Musical History Of U2", playing selections from every album in chronological order. So that's what you get on Friday, July 1st---over 23 songs spanning U2's 35 year career (from "Boy" to "No Line On The Horizon")! The band consists of:

Lead Vocals: David Emerson
Guitar/Vocals: J.P. Robinson
Guitar/Keys/Vocals: Casey Cornett
Guitar/Keys/Percussion/Vocals: Ryan Sutton
Bass/Vocals: Matthew Chapman
Drums: Chad Coombs

There is a suggested donation of $10, with all proceeds going to support the Robinson family's new mission with the Mbale Mission Team in Mbale, Uganda. You can learn more about it at:

Robinsons On Mission

J.P. and Jill will have recently returned from a survey trip to Mbale and will briefly share what they learned regarding their involvement with the team over the next 2 years.

Music may be the headliner, but we'll have stuff for the whole family! David Braud and his Flashtastic Photobooth will be on hand to deliver some sweet shots--free of charge! It's our way of saying "thank you" for your support! Check out some of his work on his website:

Flashtastic Photo Booth : Home

This WILL rock! Come out and show your support AND celebrate the return of rock Legends U2!

Doors open at 6, show starts at 7 SHARP!

Hope to see you there!

I know none of you know me but I can vouch for all of these guys. I have gone to church with them for the last ten years. several of us made the trip to Chicago in 09 for opening night. They have been practicing for months prepping for tonight.

They may not be as polished as the professional tribute bands but they are extremely passionate about this show tonight.

here is a link to an interview last night from one of the local stations.

WZTV FOX17 :: Newsroom - Music City Beat - U2 Tribute Show To Benefit Local Youth Minister

Come to line and get a number, then come back at 5am saturday morning. No need to camp overnite.

Thanks; we'll come by and sign up.

Would this be an acceptable
sun/heat cover during the day tomorrow? Anyone next to us in line is welcome to take shelter as well if we bring it:

kqbth79xhk_600.jpg

~U2Alabama

Thanks; we'll come by and sign up.

Would this be an acceptable
sun/heat cover during the day tomorrow? Anyone next to us in line is welcome to take shelter as well if we bring it:

kqbth79xhk_600.jpg

~U2Alabama
Wow, I heard the stadium was small and they might have to scale down The CLAW, but that's crazy!

Oh, wrong picture. :wink:

:hyper: . . . to all you lucky people going . . . :loveshower: have a blast :heart:

EDIT . . . OMG how small is this stadium . . . loveth that the Claw just takes it over :heart: (just don't get stuck behind a leg! :giggle: )

seating capacity for the stadium during football game is 39,790.

This is turning into the longest day ever. :|

Would tomorrow hurry up and get here/ Please? :hyper::hyper::hyper:

It's no Bryant-Denny or Neylend Stadium, for sure.

~U2Alabama

yeah even LP field on the river holds about 69k people.
supposedly they tried there first but they were worried about sod and pre-season games or something of that nature. of course now they are locked out and may not play anyway.

vandy will be cool though.

#87, 88, 89, and 90! WOO HOO!!! Thanks so much to everyone organizing the GA line. Can't wait to meet everyone tonight and tomorrow!!!!

yeah even LP field on the river holds about 69k people.
supposedly they tried there first but they were worried about sod and pre-season games or something of that nature. of course now they are locked out and may not play anyway.

vandy will be cool though.

I figured Vandy must have the modern version of AstroTurf like Ole Miss has; that's probably more low maintenance for concert events too.

~U2Alabama

For all the Twitterphiles (I am still a newbie, btw), is the hashtag for tomorrow: #U2360BNA ?????

Like last Sunday in East Lansing, I will be posting updates @teacheronradio twitter.com/teacheronradio

Heading to Nashville from Cookeville soon, hoping to hit up both tribute pre-shows!

For all the Twitterphiles (I am still a newbie, btw), is the hashtag for tomorrow: #U2360BNA ?????

Like last Sunday in East Lansing, I will be posting updates @teacheronradio twitter.com/teacheronradio

Heading to Nashville from Cookeville soon, hoping to hit up both tribute pre-shows!

seems like Vandy is using #u2VU and u2tourfans is using #u2360nash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom