July 19,2010- East Rutherford

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, when the dates were announced it only said that Toronto and Chicago were supposed to get one show.

Didn't they say that about Jersey too? Anyways, I hope there is no second Jersey show. I wanna see the final NA show, not the second to last

SMB

If they put on one more show then I'll slug it out on venue and/or general sale as I'd do a seat for that show anyway (have GA for #1 and do NOT want to have to stay in a hotel in between). I have a fully unused code but hesitant to use it in case they do South America, 'cos I'd want to use it for that.

Probably gonna be a good opener cause my buddy who works for some TV stations says that HBO is interesting in doing another live Broadcast at the Jersey show. Last show in the States at the new stadium. They would probably want an opener that can really warm up the crowd and get them going. A crowd like Jersey 1 would be a very bad crowd for this.

SMB

Probably gonna be a good opener cause my buddy who works for some TV stations says that HBO is interesting in doing another live Broadcast at the Jersey show. Last show in the States at the new stadium. They would probably want an opener that can really warm up the crowd and get them going. A crowd like Jersey 1 would be a very bad crowd for this.

SMB

Really. That would be cool.

Well, if HBO is planning on July 19th, that pretty much tells us for sure that there will NOT be a 20th show. Basically because, why would they broadcast a first night?

SMB

If they really do a Broadcast, Snow Patrol would be the best crowd warmer

SMB

I beg to differ. The most energetic U2 opener I've seen is Kaiser Chiefs. The crowd was really into them, and the guy did everything he could to get the crowd warmed up. He even body surfed, man!!

Hands down, they're the best. Snow Patrol in Boston was really good, and I think it has something to do with that being their last show. But their best songs are the slow-mo ones...

Arcade Fire should open (again). They'll have a new album to promote and have a big NY fanbase.

I just went to Ticketmaster and 14 shows still had tickets available including the 7/19 show in NJ.

At this point, I think the chances of them having a 2nd NJ show are about the same as them starting their shows off with Mercy.

My sources tell me that there will be another NJ show announced by March 5th. U2.com doesn't have the whole story. I am well connected. You heard it here first..

Well, it is now the 7th and no announcement yet, there are tickets available for the July 19th show and this better be the only show because i am out of codes!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom